JCW Ahh, the smell of burnt clutch in the morning

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 05:49 AM
Markbett
2nd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ahh, the smell of burnt clutch in the morning

I was really driving it hard last night. Ever since I up-graded the ECU, I haven't really stomped on it, but last night, I did . And I think I found the limits of the clutch in the process. I found out that it's impossible to "pop" the clutch. Not sure what happens internally, but my guess is that when the engine is revving high, the clutch can't sync up so it burns away. Still had the burned clutch this AM. I think I took a few miles (and years) off it.

Old 12-12-2016, 06:41 AM
Bernard Barbour
3rd Gear
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Markbett
I was really driving it hard last night. Ever since I up-graded the ECU, I haven't really stomped on it, but last night, I did . And I think I found the limits of the clutch in the process. I found out that it's impossible to "pop" the clutch. Not sure what happens internally, but my guess is that when the engine is revving high, the clutch can't sync up so it burns away. Still had the burned clutch this AM. I think I took a few miles (and years) off it.
Ah yes, the old burnt clutch smell in the morning in my garage. Yes, it certainly lets you know you were having fun, lol. Cheers