How To Interior/Exterior :: Seat Install How-To

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 03:58 PM
aminicooper
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great job on the install documentation

Sparco brackets for the MINI doesn't offer tilt, you might need to weld a custom job to the bracket if you wanted some tilt to it. I'm guessing that you sit just a little bit lower than the lowest setting on stock MINI seats.

The Sparco base bracket pictured looks different than the one I have installed. The seat belt mount was a separate piece that mounted to the sliders/seat, so as it travels with the side as it slides and not fixed regardless of seat position. I find mine a better setup as the seat belt is always at the proper location when it travels with the seat.

The seat bases and sliders, depends on if the seat you purchase are bottom mounted or side mounted. Torino and Milano's are bottom mounted and use the items pictured in the installation. If you get a fixed back seat, some of these are side mounted and require different parts.

I've also heard that Sparco is a bit backlogged, it took 3 months for me just to get one base mount for the MINI back in November, and another month to get a replacement seatbelt mount.

I've heard that to have the dealership disable the side airbag is to complete a deactivation form through MINI. In speaking with a MINI USA rep, was told that no such deactivation code is available, but was also faxed a "MINI deactivation form" from a different rep, so go figure. Maybe I'm just getting a BS answer because they don't want the liability in case something does happen.

Old 06-05-2003, 04:57 PM
racer_tom
2nd Gear
If you're looking for sport seats as replacements for your standard seats...

I am currently ordering a MCS that will be a July 03 build. I'm seriously considering replacing my sports seats with Sparco or similar. Right now I can offer, to someone who's serious, the ability to "order" a pair of sports seats.

I currently have dark gray space cloth upholstery listed on my car. I'd be willing to consider changing that to one of the other no cost choices. Leather would be out of the question unless you're willing to pay the added premium. I'll ask tomorrow how late I can change my car's specifications. If interested, write me at racer_tom@yahoo.com.

Tom Clayton
San Jose, CA

Old 08-04-2005, 07:51 AM
NYMINIME
3rd Gear
help..

the photos are not coming up from Randy. can someone repost it as I am getting ready to install two race seats in mine...Thanks!

Old 03-05-2009, 03:11 PM
CarGuyNeil
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by dandp
If I'm not mistaken, Recaro has heated seats for VW's and Audi's. My dealer told me to give it a year and you'll start seeing seatmakers address MINI specific customizations. I have the regular seats and was looking to get OE sport seats from the dealer - their response was no can do...
Ford's SVT Focus had some Recaro seats with bun warmers.

Old 07-31-2009, 02:40 PM
cjchamorro
Neutral
Quick question, I installed the JCW Recaro seats in my R56 but i dont know what to do with the back seats because they do not match. What do you recommend?

Old 07-31-2009, 03:03 PM
OctaneGuy
Vendor & Moderator :: MINI Camera and Video & c3 club forum
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow holy thread resurrection.....you are asking this in the first gen MINI forum.

But as for an answer...talk to an auto upholstering company. The bench is easily removed...tell or show them you want to match the seats..they will happily provide a quote.

Originally Posted by cjchamorro
Quick question, I installed the JCW Recaro seats in my R56 but i dont know what to do with the back seats because they do not match. What do you recommend?

Old 12-20-2009, 05:47 PM
soccerbummer1104
5th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
actually, i have a question. Even though its a bit insane, is there a way to have the airbags put in an after market seat? or would you have to but after market seats with airbags (i know you can get the sportster CS's with them in there already)

Old 03-07-2016, 01:22 PM
andrewlysandrou
Neutral
Will this work on a 2005

Question I just got bride seats for my 2005 mcs and I am wondering will the airbag trick work on this year?

Old 06-10-2016, 01:36 PM
PAWS
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
is it possible to have Randy's reposted so we can see the pictures??