F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Locking with the button

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 08:13 PM
rrcaniglia
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Locking with the button

About half the time I lock the car with the black button on the exterior door handle, I have to push it three or four times. The rest of the time, it locks with one touch. When it is being recalcitrant, the pin will rise up during one of the presses and then lock on the next one.

Anyone else having this experience?

Old 01-09-2017, 08:59 PM
peterpan101
3rd Gear
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
sounds like you need the software update. Currently its unlocking doors then locking, this fixed that. also after pressing have to wait a couple seconds before it will lock/unlock again

Old 01-10-2017, 04:47 AM
camptown
2nd Gear
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I am not sure if this is a software update or not as mentioned above and I am hesitant on doing an update as I have custom coding done on the Mini and an update could wipe that out.

I have had the same experience with the door button and this is what seems to have fixed the issues is this.

When exiting my car, I am in the habit now of hitting the unlock button on the inside next to the door handle. This unlocks all the doors (I have a 4 door), so now the only function that the outside Comfort Access button has to do is to lock all the doors. It locks all four door and boot with one such of the button.

The best I can tell the Comfort Access button needs to cycle through all lock/unlock positions if only one door is unlocked, thus you have to push the button multiple times in order to get to your desired position.

I hope this helps you out as it works for me.

Old 01-10-2017, 04:41 PM
Conrad_Thomaier
3rd Gear
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
It's always been that way. First push: nothing. Unless, I think, only the driver's door has been unlocked, then the doors lock on the first push. You have to wait a few seconds for the second push to work. Pushing right away doesn't work.

But the doors always lock on the first push of the button on the passenger's door.

A service manager explained it to me once, but it didn't make any sense and I don't remember exactly what he said.

Old 01-11-2017, 05:55 PM
rrcaniglia
6th Gear
Thanks, camptown. I shall try.

Last edited by rrcaniglia; 01-11-2017 at 05:57 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 01-11-2017, 05:56 PM
rrcaniglia
6th Gear
Thanks, Conrad. At least I know the car isn't 'abnormal'.

Last edited by rrcaniglia; 01-11-2017 at 05:57 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 01-16-2017, 09:06 AM
BeerChan
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This behavior is extremely annoying. It seems like the car doesn't understand when you open the door to get out, that the door is now unlocked. That is why when you press the door button the first time, the pin pops up, like it is trying to unlock the door. Fortunately there is an easy coding fix. You just need to activate the "unlock doors on engine off" parameter. That and also changing the parameter to turn off the radio when the door is opened saved my sanity.

Old 01-16-2017, 06:37 PM
rrcaniglia
6th Gear
BeerChan,
I tried to find the options under Settings, but mine does not include them. I can lock when driving, unlock all when the boot is opened, but nothing about unlocking when the motor is turned off and nothing about same with the radio.

Even went so far as to peruse the operators manual, but no joy. SW is up-to-date. Wonder if I am looking in wrong place, but I don't think so.

Last edited by rrcaniglia; 01-16-2017 at 06:44 PM.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:10 AM
one2three_us
2nd Gear
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by rrcaniglia
BeerChan,
I tried to find the options under Settings, but mine does not include them. I can lock when driving, unlock all when the boot is opened, but nothing about unlocking when the motor is turned off and nothing about same with the radio.

Even went so far as to peruse the operators manual, but no joy. SW is up-to-date. Wonder if I am looking in wrong place, but I don't think so.
You will need OBD2 Cable and Esys to code the car. Simple process. You will be very happy afterward

Old 01-18-2017, 02:24 PM
BeerChan
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry rrcaniglua, I was referring to coding with e-sys. Yes, those settings *should* be easily available in the cars configuration, but they are not. Simple coding is quite easy, I highly recommend it to get at some useful settings that are hidden from the owner of the car.