F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Mini coding/programming

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2023, 10:24 AM
Parris
Neutral
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cjv2
There should be a coding solution and you are (literally) halfway there.

The reason your rear wheel arch lights are still on is that each of the two parameters you modified controls output to a single circuit -- in your case (1) the left front wheel arch light and (2) the right front wheel arch light. Well, more accurately, each parameter controls what lamp a particular kind of output gets sent to (in your case, sidemarker outputs, left and right respectively). I note the distinction only because instead of turning them off, you could also send them somewhere else (like to, I dunno, the reverse lamps -- but hey, don't go doing that ).

FYI, the normal settings for what you have changed (at least on my US-spec 2017 F56S) are as follows.

--- 3063 MAPPING_SIDEMARKER_L_OUTPUT = 0x05 (aka sml_l -- aka left sidemarker light -- aka left front wheel arch light)
--- 3063 MAPPING_SIDEMARKER_R_OUTPUT = 0x06 (aka sml_r -- aka right sidemarker light -- aka right front wheel arch light)

With this in mind, changing these values to 0x00 off (which it looks like you have done) basically says "do not send left front or right front sidemarker output to any lamps at all." That's why your front wheel arch lights are successfully out.

For further context on what you have done already:
  • I'm not sure how you got fra_v_l involved (0x0D), that's the physical turn signal lamp in the left front headlamp assembly.
  • I don't know how you have FEM_BODY in an F55 Mini Cooper. Your 2015 US spec F55 Cooper S does not have an FEM (Front Electronic Module). Instead it has a BDC (Body Domain Controller), a single unit that combines the functionality which, in a BMW-branded vehicle, is split into the FEM and REM (REM = Rear Electronic Module).
    • Nevertheless, your 3063+parameter name combinations are correct, so maybe the FEM-stuff you noted is cosmetic/assumption of whatever coding app you are using -- and the 3063+parameter names "won" (giving you your success in turning off the front wheel arch lights).
To accomplish what you want with your rear wheel arch lights, try the following. You already know the risks of coding so if you blow up it's on you, no guarantees. But this should be straightforward and is parallel to what you have already done.

(1) look for the following parameters and confirm whether they do or do not have the following values:

--- 3065 MAPPING_UNIVERSAL_1_OUTPUT = 0x16 (aka sl_2_l -- aka left standing/sidemarker light 2 -- aka left rear wheel arch light)
--- 3065 MAPPING_UNIVERSAL_2_OUTPUT = 0x17 (aka sl_2_r -- aka right standing/sidemarker light 2 -- aka right rear wheel arch light)

(2) If they do have those values, document that they do so you can revert if you need to, then change them to:

--- 3065 MAPPING_UNIVERSAL_1_OUTPUT = 0x00 (aka "off")
--- 3065 MAPPING_UNIVERSAL_2_OUTPUT = 0x00 (aka "off")

(3) If they do not have those values, document what they have and post that detail in this thread, we can probably figure more out from there.

Hope this helps?
That helps tremendously.

Sorry for not answering before, but These last couple of months have been crazy with the moving.

As a matter of fact, I still dont have the cars back from registering them. Hopefully will get them this ir next week.
The shop whent thesisconnecting route, as I was not able to do it via coding, but for sure I will re-conmect them again and test your suggestions when the Mini is back and will report the results here.

ps: those references you see to the bmw module is because I copied and paste from a bmw forum. I changed the same options but in the BDC module.

Thanks again

The following users liked this post:
cjv2 (10-06-2023)