Electrical Countryman-Specific Coding - R60 Guide

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 09:47 PM
nomar116
3rd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have Windows 7 64 Bit and am trying to install drivers using Windows Virtual PC with Windows XP. The VM is not recognizing the driver in any way. Windows 7 finds the cable fine, and even installed it automatically.

Any suggestions?

Old 08-12-2015, 02:13 AM
cerenkov
6th Gear
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
There is a version (4.0) of NCS Expert that is compatible with 64 bit so you don't need the virtual PC/XP stuff.

Old 08-12-2015, 03:39 AM
riso_
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok Tried to change the COM port from 3 to 9 and Also in obd.ini but nothing changed, again the same error. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Alberto

Old 08-12-2015, 06:22 AM
cerenkov
6th Gear
Countryman-Specific Coding - R60 Guide

Originally Posted by riso_
Ok Tried to change the COM port from 3 to 9 and Also in obd.ini but nothing changed, again the same error. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Alberto
Did you make sure that the latency was set at 1. You'll get errors if it is something else.

Old 08-12-2015, 07:46 AM
riso_
Neutral
Yes the latency is set to 1. Other ideas?!

Thank you so much!

CheerS

Alberto

Old 08-12-2015, 06:47 PM
nomar116
3rd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by cerenkov
There is a version (4.0) of NCS Expert that is compatible with 64 bit so you don't need the virtual PC/XP stuff.
Well that's disappointing. The links here don't seem to include 4.0. Several other BMW forums seem to be hosting it. Am I missing the link here on NAM? If I download from one of those other forums should I just use the Datens found here?

Old 08-13-2015, 02:12 AM
cerenkov
6th Gear
Originally Posted by nomar116
Well that's disappointing. The links here don't seem to include 4.0. Several other BMW forums seem to be hosting it. Am I missing the link here on NAM? If I download from one of those other forums should I just use the Datens found here?
Yes, download it from where you can and then install the datens from here. It will make your life much easier, the installation is like 4 steps:

STEP 1: Extract Install Package

STEP 2: Run "Standard_Tool_Setup_2.12.exe"

STEP 3: Run "UpdateNCS.bat"

STEP 4: Install Datens
1. Unpack Daten File
2. Copy and Replace all files from Datens into C:\NCSEXPER\DATEN\R56
3. Copy and Replace all files in sgdat into C:\NCSEXPER\SGDAT
4. Copy and Replace all files in ecu into C:\EDIBAS\ECU
5. Run laden.bat in the datens folder

For NCSExpert 4.0 the profile to use is NCSDUMMY4

Old 08-14-2015, 03:32 AM
riso_
Neutral
Yes the latency is set to 1. Other ideas?!

Thank you so much!

CheerS

Alberto

No ideas?!

Old 08-14-2015, 02:13 PM
riso_
Neutral
Hi guys i'm gettin mad.. I Tried several times to reinstall all the stuff.. Few minutes ago i also Tried to install all the pack the german seller gave me in the dvd that was with the cable. Deutsch a part i installed everything than made a new folder R56 and inserted all the datens, replaced part of the sgdat and ecu in ediabas, installed the laden and copied the revtor profile. Then I made a test, tried to calculate vin by chassis and cas but I got the same error (I guess) but this time in Deutsch...

I'm thinking that maybe is a computer fault.. Since I'm using a Dell XPS L502X that has to work in 64bits but I forced the installation of the 32 with part of the drivers.. Could it be the reason?

I read about a ncs 64 bit version, if I find where to download it I will also tried with that..

So complicated just for a sport button coding .. Uff

Thanks again

Cheers

Alberto

Old 08-14-2015, 02:40 PM
cerenkov
6th Gear
Hi guys i'm gettin mad.. I Tried several times to reinstall all the stuff.. Few minutes ago i also Tried to install all the pack the german seller gave me in the dvd that was with the cable. Deutsch a part i installed everything than made a new folder R56 and inserted all the datens, replaced part of the sgdat and ecu in ediabas, installed the laden and copied the revtor profile. Then I made a test, tried to calculate vin by chassis and cas but I got the same error (I guess) but this time in Deutsch...

I'm thinking that maybe is a computer fault.. Since I'm using a Dell XPS L502X that has to work in 64bits but I forced the installation of the 32 with part of the drivers.. Could it be the reason?

I read about a ncs 64 bit version, if I find where to download it I will also tried with that..

So complicated just for a sport button coding .. Uff

Thanks again

Cheers

Alberto
I sent you a PM

Old 08-17-2015, 11:47 AM
iwant2knowwhois
Neutral
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is the "Disable Passenger Seatbelt Warning" the light or the audible ding ding ding?

Old 09-29-2015, 10:14 AM
paul7878
Neutral
Can this be used to diagnose a failed radio? Basically my boost (non-HK system) radio just died after having the battery unhooked for a few days and it won't come back on. Just wondering if it got disabled somehow or if the unit is dead.....PS did try the power button

2012 Countryman S ALL4

Old 10-20-2015, 07:11 AM
claw
1st Gear
Does anyone managed to program the the start stop button memory?
Or completely remove the function (removing the VO)?

Thanks

Old 11-03-2015, 01:58 PM
BLU-BY-U
5th Gear
Has anyone been able to find the tire size settings in the software?

Old 11-08-2015, 12:34 AM
cm.d
2nd Gear
Does anyone know how to get ride of the hyper flash when you use led bulbs. I get rear bulb malfunction and then it does the hyper flash. I have coded out all of the brake tail signal lights as directed in the first post.

According to this post it's possible:
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...out-error.html

Old 11-08-2015, 07:10 PM
cm.d
2nd Gear
To stop hyper flash with leds in the rear blinkers:

LED_BLINKER_HINTEN
aktiv

Old 11-14-2015, 01:13 PM
TheMike
2nd Gear
Mini just undid all my coding by doing a repair on the car. Are the DATENs from 8/14 the latest and greatest?? I ask because an error I'm getting lends me to believe I don't have the latest when getting into the FRM module.

Prior to that the CAS and CHAMP modules seemed to do what I wanted.....except for FOB roll up and down the REAR windows. Opens and closes the sunroof and the front windows but ignores the rear windows.

Thoughts?

Old 11-18-2015, 11:47 AM
miniwpbear
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Try defaulting the module. Then try to modify it again.

Old 11-18-2015, 12:55 PM
TheMike
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by miniwpbear
Try defaulting the module. Then try to modify it again.
When the dealer put a new module in they didn't initialize? It. Now that's fixed. Thanks.

Still looking for latest datans. Anyone?

Old 11-29-2015, 11:39 AM
mtnears
1st Gear
I tried to go what I thought would be an easier route to code our new Countryman by purchasing the Wifi OBDII adapter and the Carly app. I have all of that, but it is not working, it looks like I am only seeing 2 ECU's and 2 modules to personalize, the FRM module shows up but is grayed out. As a result, I can't really use it. I was able to get a refund on the app, the developer says my car is probably too new and it doesn't work yet for it (we just took delivery last week, it just came from the dock in California, was not sitting at the dealer).

Not sure about all that, but in short it is not working so I can't use it. A few questions;
- Can I use this WiFi OBDII adapter to do the coding via Windows? if not, I'll return it as well.
- If I go this route, what is referred to in this post with coding via Windows, will I have the same issue. Could it be too new that it won't show up with this app either?
- What is the current, best cable to get if I do go this route? I'd be looking for a USB cable, running Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 3.

Old 11-29-2015, 01:25 PM
cerenkov
6th Gear
Not quite sure how the Carly app works but if it uses some sort of data files and they are older than the files in your car then it won't work. (similar to the datens for NCS Expert). I'd imagine they will update the app soon.

You CANNOT use the wifi adapter to code via Windows and NCS Expert. You will need the proper DCAN cable.

Old 11-29-2015, 02:11 PM
mtnears
1st Gear
I never got a warm fuzzy as to how long it would be for them to get it working so I figured I'd get it gone before I lost my opportunity. I'll return the wifi adapter too then and go for the DCAN cable. I see a link on the first page for one on eBay, is that still the one of choice?

Once I get that cable, I'll work on seeing if this setup can read it, if not, I'll have to wait and be patient I guess for new data files. I'll report back once I get the proper cable.

Not quite sure how the Carly app works but if it uses some sort of data files and they are older than the files in your car then it won't work. (similar to the datens for NCS Expert). I'd imagine they will update the app soon.

You CANNOT use the wifi adapter to code via Windows and NCS Expert. You will need the proper DCAN cable.

Old 11-29-2015, 02:29 PM
cerenkov
6th Gear
I'm wondering if the datens file in the first post is the most recent (they are the ones that I'm using). Since your car is so new, I wonder if it has newer datens. If it does then you can get errors.

I guess there is only one way to find out. PM once you get the cable if you need help with the installation.

Old 11-29-2015, 02:32 PM
mtnears
1st Gear
Sounds good, and if my car is so new that those files won't work, is there someone I can work with that can maybe update things based on what my car has? That is, can I help to provide some data from my car to get the program updated?

I'm wondering if the datens file in the first post is the most recent (they are the ones that I'm using). Since your car is so new, I wonder if it has newer datens. If it does then you can get errors.

I guess there is only one way to find out. PM once you get the cable if you need help with the installation.

Old 12-03-2015, 09:10 AM
claw
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Nimrandir
Public big big big thanks for theta and his precious help... I was finally able to retro-fit the sport button (optional here in europe) on my country S

Took me some time, but worth it thanks theta!!!!
Can you share how you managed? I've done it on R56, but i believe it's different schematic, right? And coding is the same?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Electrical Countryman-Specific Coding - R60 Guide