Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain ECU Tune in Connecticut?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 05:36 AM
njaremka
Alliance Member
Received 1,715 Likes on 1,382 Posts
ECU Tune in Connecticut?

I am currently living in central Connecticut, near Hartford. I drive a 2012 N18 Clubman S.

Does anyone know of any near-by local tuning shops that can flash my ECU? I rely too much on my car not to allow me to remove and ship my ECU for a tune, but I'd like to take advantage of a better running machine.

Old 12-22-2016, 05:59 AM
thebombardier
5th Gear
Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by njaremka
I am currently living in central Connecticut, near Hartford. I drive a 2012 N18 Clubman S.

Does anyone know of any near-by local tuning shops that can flash my ECU? I rely too much on my car not to allow me to remove and ship my ECU for a tune, but I'd like to take advantage of a better running machine.
The closest one I know of is KMD Tuning in Saddle Brook, NJ. They do Manic tunes. I've made the drive there from Long Island, probably roughly the same distance drive for you. Only thing I would say is if you're traveling for the tune have a spare set of spark plugs and a spare coil pack on hand just in case. When I went stage 1 I had a coil pack go bad and I drove back to Long Island with a misfire.

Old 12-22-2016, 06:21 AM
njaremka
Alliance Member
Received 1,715 Likes on 1,382 Posts
Originally Posted by thebombardier
The closest one I know of is KMD Tuning in Saddle Brook, NJ. They do Manic tunes. I've made the drive there from Long Island, probably roughly the same distance drive for you. Only thing I would say is if you're traveling for the tune have a spare set of spark plugs and a spare coil pack on hand just in case. When I went stage 1 I had a coil pack go bad and I drove back to Long Island with a misfire.
Thanks. That's not "TOO" far, maybe a couple hours. I'll reach out to them.