Detailing 101 Need to find out how to pamper your new MINI? Find out all the detailing secrets here.

Attention to Detail (UK) - spot the difference!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 02:30 AM
sailesh
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Attention to Detail (UK) - spot the difference!

Thought you guys and gals would appreciate this - as part of the general new owner syndrome, and as my JCW has ticked over 90k, I felt a rejuvenation was in order.

Having rarely cleaned my car personally before (it's a London flat thing), and being disappointed with the results of the local car wash, I felt a proper professional detail was in order. Who to turn to? Well, back in my smart roadster days, I'd met a friendly chap called Mark who had just taken his hobby professional, albeit part-time as still the case. A few email exchanges and it seemed clear he knew what he was talking about.

Mark arrived at 7am on Sunday and left gone 4pm. The results, I think, speak for themselves...

http://www.atten2detail.co.uk/blog/2...ni-clubman-jcw

The next challenge will certainly be to keep it looking as good!

P.S. For the self-detailers out there, wherever you are, I should add that he is also happy to recommend products and suppliers, etc, as he has no affiliation and no interest in selling products himself.

Old 04-18-2014, 07:50 AM
Fly'n Brick
6th Gear
Received 367 Likes on 311 Posts
We've got one of those here in the colonies name of Richard Lin of 'Showcardetailing'. If you have waded thru the Detailing 101 section you have read some of his comments. His screen name is OctaneGuy, he has done a lot of posting with helpful ideas though not so much in recent months.
Your guy did a fantastic job for you, you've got a fine looking motor. Now all you gotta do is figure out how to maintain that.

Old 04-20-2014, 12:45 AM
sailesh
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fly'n Brick
We've got one of those here in the colonies name of Richard Lin of 'Showcardetailing'. If you have waded thru the Detailing 101 section you have read some of his comments. His screen name is OctaneGuy, he has done a lot of posting with helpful ideas though not so much in recent months.
Your guy did a fantastic job for you, you've got a fine looking motor. Now all you gotta do is figure out how to maintain that.
Thanks for the compliments, and the pointer to Richard Lin - I'll definitely need to check out his advice. It's a shame I have to do 500 miles of daily driving each week, but I'll post up any lessons learnt in good time, for sure.