1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello New Mini

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 09:17 AM
3rdcoastmini
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello New Mini

Hello,

Just picked up 2016 Blue 2 dr. Cooper S. Starlight Blue with cold weather and premium package. I think that's it, it was on the lot and I liked it so did not pay much attention. It has the 16" Siler Victory wheels which I like for my pothole city life and I tend to like a smaller tired car in this category, feels more nimble to me.

I have had a ton of cars, everything from domestic muscle to Miatas and everything in between. My first Mini interest ever was in the early 90's in Bermuda on vacation as a teen with my parents when lots of the old Minis were still running around.

I actually traded a BMW 428i on this car and like this a lot more, it fits me better and my life which is primarily city urban driving. So much easier to see out of and toss around. Also no snobby feeling I got in that car.

Looking forward to the experience. And best of all this is the first car in a long time my wife seems to love, happy wife, happy life.

Old 09-27-2016, 01:46 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,966 Likes on 1,766 Posts
Hello and welcome.

Post up some pics that starlight blue is a great color.

" 90's in Bermuda on vacation as a teen with my parents when lots of the old Minis were still running around. "

Been down there and you can see some Mini Mokes in Barbados as well as some RHD new MINIs and Classic Minis.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 09-27-2016, 07:36 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
You're right there about the happy wife! Welcome to NAM and the World of MINI Motoring.
Can you post some pix of your Blue Cooper S? I'm originally from the Chicago area and part of a three-car Mini team that terrorized the Midwest racing circuits for many years. Now have an R53, and Mini Mania is restoring one of my race Minis!

The new MINIs seem to have struck a balance between the urban appeal and sportiness of the Classic with highway cruising and a degree of comfort the Classics didn't have.

Please ask any and all questions, and share your adventures.

Drive Hard. Drive Safe. Keep Grinning.

Old 09-29-2016, 06:53 AM
3rdcoastmini
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agreed, honestly this thing is not far of my 428i on the highway. Depending on your point of view I suppose that is good or bad. However, this thing is way more fun around downtown so that is great. I'll work on some pics.

I think I saw you had an 88 Formula Fiero as well, they were my first love, had 6 or 7 of them over the years!

Old 09-30-2016, 02:53 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
New MINI

Originally Posted by 3rdcoastmini
Agreed, honestly this thing is not far of my 428i on the highway. Depending on your point of view I suppose that is good or bad. However, this thing is way more fun around downtown so that is great. I'll work on some pics.

I think I saw you had an 88 Formula Fiero as well, they were my first love, had 6 or 7 of them over the years!
Wow! Just have one still, under 100,000 miles, '88 V6 Formula.

Drive Hard. Drive Safe. Keep Grinning.