North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Vendor Announcements (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/vendor-announcements-38/)
-   -   4th Annual Pub MINI Meet Cleveland,OH (Sat. 6/5/10) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/vendor-announcements/182750-4th-annual-pub-mini-meet-cleveland-oh-sat-6-5-10-a.html)

Mowse 05-20-2010 02:24 PM

PUB T-shirts for sale now!

best design ever. I don't have the ability to post a pic (but I'm working on it) however, anyone interested email me gregzito@zitoinsurance.com and I'll email you a picture of the design.

$20 a shirt ($5 shipping/handling)

100% of all proceeds are for CHARITY (Providence House abused childrens shelter).

claancy 05-22-2010 08:15 AM

The 2010 t-shirt is on the website!
http://www.pubminimeet.com/shirt

amberback 05-25-2010 12:13 PM

11 days - It's getting close! (Obviously I'm excited.)

Mowse 05-27-2010 06:24 AM

BIG NEWS AT THE PUB ON 6/5/10!!!!

We have made an UPGRADE in entertainment! We have hired "THE LIVERPOOL LADS" BEATLES tribute band to preform (starting at noon).

The manager at the Pub has told me that "T.L.L.s" have played the there twice and packed the place. According to the entertainment blogs they are considered one of the best BEATLES tributes in the country (there a bunch).

Just one more reason that the PUB is the most unique and FUN one day Mini event in the country.

Get there by by 10:30 to participate in the POKER RUN. WE have a great prize for the winner!

Also, get your t-shirt early (gregzito@zitoinsurance.com) before the event. They sell out FAST. ALL proceeds go to childrens charity.

Spread the word!!!

amberback 05-27-2010 06:37 AM

Ordered my t-shirt! Can't wait for the Poker Run... But I'm not looking forward to getting up at 4:30AM to get there in time :o

Mowse 05-27-2010 05:36 PM

The Red Bull Mini/girls will be there....

handing out sugar/caffine help:thumbsup:

Mowse 05-27-2010 05:42 PM

PUB "poker run" update!

One of the highlights of this years event is the "Poker Run" driving event. There will be a $5 entrance fee (all proceeds to childrens charity) with a prize of a new set of Carbotech performance brakes ($500 value!!!!):thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: !!!

Participants will be give addresses/maps of four scenic locations to drive to to pick up a playing card. Your fifth card will be collected back at the Pub. Who ever has the best poker hand wins the prize.

Details at 10:30 AM at the PUB!

ynot 05-28-2010 06:22 PM

So you are telling me , a MINI enthusiast with a taste for beer, that there are going to be 200+ MINIs all show up at an authentic English pub? Umm OK I'll motor over and check it out, you twisted my arm.:razz:

Mowse 05-29-2010 04:45 AM

It's gonna big huge!

Already have people from all over Ohio coming along with RSVPs from St Louis, Maryland, North Carolina, Pa, Mich, NY.

ONE WEEK TO GO PEOPLE! MAKE YOUR PLANS AND SPREAD THE WORD!!!!:thumbsup:

dbonacci 05-30-2010 06:38 AM

We are looking forward to it. Thanks for letting us be a part of it!

- Dominic
www.candycanecruise.com

spurvis 06-03-2010 08:37 AM

Oh yea!

I'll be there! The last 2 PUB meets were awesome! Thanks Greg once again for all your efforts in putting this event on. Cheers! :thumbsup:

Mowse 06-04-2010 03:58 AM

Tomorrow is the day!! R U COMING??

What true "motorer" would miss this event? The biggest and most unique Mini event in the midwest.

go to www.pubminimeet.com and plan to have the best day of the summer!:thumbsup:

amberback 06-04-2010 08:30 AM

Does anyone have a Schedule of Events? The website was never updated... I'm just wondering because I might need to leave at 4PM and was interested in what I'd be missing out on since I've never gone before.
(My boyfriend wants to go look at a car (Saab 92x Aero) at a dealer 45 mins away... It's the closest one we've found and figured since we would be out that way we should go look... I'm trying to talk him into staying over night & going on Sunday...)

Mowse 06-04-2010 11:42 AM

Yes I encourage spending the night!

Especially if you are have a beer ot two. By 4:00 PM all scheduled events will have been concluded. It will just be "hanging out" time. Dinner is an idea as the Pub has fantastic food.:nod:

amberback 06-04-2010 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Mowse (Post 3064474)
Especially if you are have a beer ot two. By 4:00 PM all scheduled events will have been concluded. It will just be "hanging out" time. Dinner is an idea as the Pub has fantastic food.:nod:

lunch at the pub too? :)

Mowse 06-04-2010 02:23 PM

Lunch, Dinner, but no breakfast....

well...coffee and doughnuts will be there in the morning:nod:

checkercoop 06-04-2010 10:39 PM

Can't wait I'm so excited!

Mowse 06-06-2010 05:31 AM

THANK YOU! BIGGEST YEAR EVER!!! WHAT A DAY!

Another PUB for the books folks! As usual, the lot was crammed full of Minis.

The weather was perfect (except for a brief 3:00 PM shower), the drinks were flowing, the fish n chips/burgers were flying, the Beatles tribute band LIVERPOOL LADS were rocking, and smiles were everywhere!

People began to fill the lot at 7:30 AM! The PUB had coffee and doughnuts waiting for everyone. At 9:00 the t-shirts (120 SOLD!) and raffle tickets (for over $2000 in prizes) began a quick consumption. At 10:00 drivers took off for the "poker run" to various scenic Cleveland locations on the lake and metroparks. The winner took home a set of Carbotech performance brakes (a $500 value).

This event has gone from a "regional" to a "national" event. We had cars representing the following states:

-OH
-PA
-MICHIGAN (sorry you got booed)
-NY
-WEST VA
-WASHINGTON DC (ok not really a state)
-MARYLAND
-NORTH CAROLINA
-SOUTH CAROINA
-FLORIDA
-MISSOURI
-TEXAS
-CALIFORNIA
-CANADA (we've gone international!)
-ILLINOIS

And if any states I'm sorry! It was crazy, fun, and went by too fast. We had motorers still hanging at the PUB as late as 11:00 PM. I of course was there as a "consultant/chaperone".

Thanks to the big hearts of Mini owners we raised $4000 for Providence House Childrens shelter! THANK YOU to anyone who bought a ticket or t-shirt.

Did you miss out? Don't worry, you get another chance next year June 11th 2011.

Worth the trip? Ask anyone who came. SEE YOU NEXT YEAR AND THANKS AGAIN!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

5minutes 06-06-2010 09:04 PM

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...00000380804251
This was an awesome show, and I met a bunch of really great people. I really enjoyed myself. And it was for a great cause.

dbonacci 06-09-2010 08:29 AM

So great the weather cooperated!

- Dominic
www.candycanecruise.com

Mowse 06-14-2010 04:43 PM

PUB 5 NEW DATE!!! SATURDAY 6/11/11

WWW.PUBMINIMEET.COM

Mowse 06-18-2010 12:47 PM

AND yet another new PUB date! SATURDAY 6/18/11

YEESH! SORRY!:o

CHECK THE WEBSITE FOR COMING DETAILS WWW.PUBMINIMEET.COM

PUB 5

amberback 06-18-2010 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mowse (Post 3073318)
YEESH! SORRY!:o

CHECK THE WEBSITE FOR COMING DETAILS WWW.PUBMINIMEET.COM

PUB 5

Gee! Good thing my calendar is digital!

Mowse 06-19-2010 07:43 AM

The year long juggling act

of people, places, bands, ect. Trying to get everyone and everything on the same page is getting more complicated.

Hope to make a very cool announcement for PUB 5 2011 soon.

Keep an eye on the website.

Mowse 07-01-2010 09:23 AM

Not an official announcement but.....

I am working on hiring a ROLLING STONES tribute band to play at the PUB and addition to the Liverpool Lads BEATLES tribute band who are already locked up for 2011.

We are planning on the driving event to be a scavender hunt with prizes.

Other surprises are in the works.

If you came, you already know this is the best one day Mini event in the country.

A free event but we raise $ for a Childrens shelter through shirt and raffle ticket sales so please spread the word.

PUB 5 is Saturday 6/18/11:thumbsup: