1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Re-Joining the Community after a hiatus...

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 08:49 AM
Kmill
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re-Joining the Community after a hiatus...

Well, it was a long journey from my first Mini to this next one. I had an 05 R53S and I loved it for the 18 months of spirited driving we did. One day on a lunch break my tiny car was too small to be seen by the GMC Yukon driver and they just sort of... moved to the left... my reaction was to also just move to the left, which was a turn lane that ended quite abruptly. They kept driving and my car was left looking like what you see below in the pictures.

After it was totaled, I bought a 91 Accord for $600 and drove it til it died, then I moved to Colorado and bought an 02 Sonata for $500 and drove it until a few weeks ago when I decided I needed a fun project and the ability to get to the mountains.

The car shopping started and stopped within 3 hours. I found a 2012 MCCS All4 in Surf Blue w/ black stripes with the checkered flag mirror caps & roof , 6spd manual, Cold Weather, Premium, Sport, & Tech packages. 85k mi. and it's on it's way from King of Prussia, PA. (a few pics below from the carmax website)

I'm already planning on the suspension, exhaust, and turbo pipes/intake upgrades. It looks like I'll do a few of those and then go get the manic stage 2. I do want a catted 100/200 downpipe because I'm in CO and we have to pass emissions.

Any other advice? Warnings? Thanks in advance! It's great to be back!

This was when it was in it's prime

then a GMC Yukon didn't see me and I swerved to miss the SUV

I ran into a curb in the median going about 45 mph

I could tell it was going to be a bad day when I saw this

This was after it was declared a Total Loss, i went to grab the mods I knew I could resell and took a few more pics

Old 10-26-2016, 09:03 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,967 Likes on 1,767 Posts
Welcome back, nice to see you have another blue MINI. Nice to see you found a surf blue, thats a great color for the CM. Even has the two tone door and light beige leather seats. Nice find.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 10-26-2016, 09:14 AM
Kmill
1st Gear
Originally Posted by ECSTuning
Welcome back, nice to see you have another blue MINI. Nice to see you found a surf blue, thats a great color for the CM. Even has the two tone door and light beige leather seats. Nice find.
Thanks! I'm excited to start modding it!

Old 10-26-2016, 03:39 PM
TocoWW
1st Gear
Congrats!! Thats a great looking R60. I like that color combo a lot!

Old 10-26-2016, 07:31 PM
Kmill
1st Gear
Originally Posted by TocoWW
Congrats!! Thats a great looking R60. I like that color combo a lot!
Thank you! I'm so glad I found it! I still have to test drive it, but I really want it.

Old 10-26-2016, 09:18 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
All4

Great find, congrats and welcome back! We have a performance upgrade guide online that will help you each step of the way for suspension, engine, brakes, and
drivetrain. Check it out!

The All4 should be great for Colorado! Could have used one when we lived on Monument Hill at 7,352 feet!

Drive Hard. Drive Safe. Keep Grinning.