MINIs & Minis for Sale Need a Mini or a MINI? Want a Mini or a MINI? You're at the right place!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits (you may select multiples):

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS:: '05 MCS--Sports Purpose Mini

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 05:43 PM
Tim C
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 MCS--Sports Purpose Mini

Year: 2005
Make: MINI
Model: Cooper
Price: $12999
Mileage: 81000
Color: Chili Red/White
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern

I've been regretting this day for a few months now, but it's time to move on. My beloved '05 MCS is up for sale. I searched for months, literally, to find an MCS, and knew immediately on the first test drive that this was it. The car was Red/White, no sunroof, exactly like the classic mini model I built as a teenager after seeing the original Italian Job. It was very well maintained and cared for during the first owner's ownership. I purchased the car in February of this year, and sadly, am letting it go after only a few months. My corporate car policy has changed, however, and it's no longer financially feasible to keep the car.

What always attracted me to Minis in general, and more so to this one in specific, was the rawness to the drive experience, the connectedness that one feels, the pure relationship between man and machine. As someone who works in the auto industry, I've been able to drive nearly every sports car on the market, often in track situations. And yes, the 911 GT2/GT3/Turbo, the R8, the M3, the Exige, are all faster. However, one would be hard pressed to find something actually more fun. Especially something that can carry 4 people, regularly get over 27MPG in commute conditions, and not leave you stranded by the side of the road.

About the car:
This is a second owner car, optioned exactly as I would have done, to make a true sports purpose Mini.

Chilli Red over White with no stripes
Cloth interior (Yay, no yucky summer drives)
Limited Slip Differential (LSD)
HIDs
Harmon Kardon
Cold weather package (heated seats, mirrors, and washer jets)

The car was kept light, pure, and simple, with an estimated curb weight of just over 2600lbs. The LSD and lack of panoramic sunroof mean there is less weight up top, and better traction when exiting corners.

About the owners:
The first owner was a regular on NAM, which is where I found the car. The first owner was, like me, in his 40s, and kept very good records, which I now have. He also kept the car in great shape, as you can see from the photos.

Mods:
The car has an extensive modification list all courtesy of the first owner. Again, I have the receipts.

Over $10,000 in Performance Upgrades
  • 15% supercharger reduction pulley $360
  • Carbon Fiber Air Box $200
  • MagnaFlow Stainless Cat-Back System Performance Exhaust $1200
  • Light weight Valco Clutch Assembly & Single Mass Flywheel (Replaced heavy stock dual-mass flywheel & Clutch) $ 2,100
  • Bilstein PSS9 Coil Overs $1700
  • Hotchkis Performance Competition Camber Plates $485
  • M7 Strut Tower Brace with Strut Tower Re-Enforcement Plates $230
  • RDR Adjustable Rear Sway $235
  • BBS RGR Forged wheels $2850
  • Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec Tires 215/40/17 $750
  • Power - Slot Slotted Brake Front Rotors $200
  • ATE - Slotted Brake Real Rotors $100
  • Aero Grill
  • Weight 2610 lbs
  • New
    • Battery
    • Water Pump
    • Supercharger Belt & Belt Tensioner Assembly

Issues
The driver door keyless door lock stopped working a month or so ago. Not sure why. I just use the key now. The suspension is a bit louder than stock.

Price
$12,999

Thanks for looking.

Tim

Attached Thumbnails '05 MCS--Sports Purpose Mini-img_8157.jpg   '05 MCS--Sports Purpose Mini-img_8158.jpg  
Old 09-29-2013, 09:42 AM
christianmc
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
THis thread came up on a search I was doing for BBS wheels. I'm wondering if you sold the car, and if so, would you be willing to sell the wheels separately? Thanks!