MINI Parts for Sale Search and shop for all your MINI parts here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits (you may select multiples):

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

FS:: 2003-2004 OEM xenon headlights - Joey Mod - Unfinished

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 06:29 PM
-jacob-
1st Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2003-2004 OEM xenon headlights - Joey Mod - Unfinished

Category: Brakes
Price: $160
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (you may select multiples): R53
Location (Region): NorthWest
Item Condition: Used

Hello there,

For sale is my 2003-2004 OEM xenon headlights - Joey Mod - Unfinished

I started this project but did not get to finish. These were taken apart without the oven. I used a fabric steamer and was successful. I did not want the xenon to be harmed. It is not a hard to do a joey mod. it was just very time consuming. Honestly just did have the time to finish it. I went the cheap easy way and bought me a pair of DEPO headlights with the sacrifice of giving up my washers and factory xenons .

All in good working condition. Came off my car that has 24k miles. Xenon is also in perfect shape.

The passenger side is untouched.

On the driver side which I started, the clear lense has a small crack on the side that can be glued and wont be seen since it will be behind the rings. The chrome trim that I was going to paint, one of the legs broke off. can also be glued and will not be seen once you put them together. The rings are dull because I tried removing the chrome in muriatic acid and had no luck. I sanded them instead and just needs primer and paint. If you want I can primer them for you.

These go for about $400.00 bucks for a pair.

selling for $160.00 shipped to those who want to continue this

call or text 206 437 2764

Thank you for looking.

Attached Thumbnails 2003-2004 OEM xenon headlights - Joey Mod - Unfinished-img_6624.jpg  

Last edited by -jacob-; 05-17-2017 at 06:30 PM. Reason: spaces
Old 05-18-2017, 06:42 AM
burley
6th Gear
Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
The pre-facelift headlights are a nightmare to open and re-seal. Even if you were able to open them up, you're going to have moisture buildup when you close them. Even if you use more headlight sealant. The amount of heat required to melt the cement-like glue usually melts and deforms the housing.. at least that was my case. I could never get them back together correctly and ended up throwing them away.

Facelift headlights are a different story.. Those pull apart easily on a warm day, lol. I dont mean to kill your sale, but the buyer should be aware of the potential headache.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:24 AM
gknorr
6th Gear
Received 70 Likes on 45 Posts
Can definitely be re-sealed with the right materials. Here's a guy who did a very nice projector retrofit with these:

https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...per-retro-fx-r

He mentions how he re-sealed them in the thread.

Old 05-19-2017, 06:03 PM
burley
6th Gear
Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
I'm an experienced retrofitter. I've done a pre-facelift, post-facelift, and 2 others. Under the best conditions, you still have moisture. When melting the permaseal thats used in the pre-facelift, the housing has a lower melting point than the cement-like glue used to seal up the headlights. If you melt the permaseal, good luck. If you took a dremel to the seam and cut it off, then used a softer sealant than you have a fighting chance.

HID planet is the bible if you pray to the Xenon gods. Just know what you're getting yourself into, cause its not just a simple "reseal and drive" type job.