MINIs & Minis for Sale Need a Mini or a MINI? Want a Mini or a MINI? You're at the right place!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits (you may select multiples):

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS:: 2004 Mini Cooper S - Black

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 08:57 PM
minicoop72
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 Mini Cooper S - Black

Year: 2004
Make: MINI
Model: Hardtop
Price: $2900
Mileage: 164000
Color: Black
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern

SOLD

Black 2004 Mini Cooper S
164,XXX miles

I will break it down with Aftermarket and Stock replacements I have put on the car or replaced due to wear and maintenance. Everything in parenthesis is the approx. mileage it was replaced. I have always changed oil and filter every 4 to 6000 miles myself with full synthetic Valvoline or Mobil 1 (high mileage later in the life of the Mini).

Aftermarket parts on the car:

Engine
- K&N Cold Air Intake (95,000)
- MSD Ignition coil pack with MSD wires (75,000)
- NGK Iridium Spark Plugs (75,000)
- Clutch - Valeo Solid Flywheel conversion kit (120,000)

Brakes
- Brembo drilled rotors (replaced pass side with a Zimmerman Drilled because of slight noise turned out to be axle wear)
- Hawk Brake Pads Performance Ceramic - have about 35% life left
- Flushed brakes with Super Blue ATE brake fluid when rotors and pads replaced

Suspension/Wheels
- JCW Struts/shocks (100,000)
- H&R Sport Springs (100,000)
- Heavy duty Strut/shock mounts (100,000)
- Heavy duty control arm bushings (100,000)
- Heavy duty lower ball joints (100,000)
- MSW 17' Type 85 Gunmetal wheels with Kumho Ecsta 4X II (2000 miles on tire)

Stock replacements (OEM or OEM equivalent):

Engine
- Serpentine Belt (105,000)
- Belt tensioner (158,000)
- All motor mounts including dogbone (140,000)
- Front upper coolant hoses (140,000)
- Power steering motor (145,000) replaced under Mini recall

Suspension
- Passenger side axle (135,000)
- Passenger side hub wheel assembly and bearing (160,000)
- ABS wheel sensor passenger side (160,000) I have driver side sensor as well which needs replacement

Parts included in sale:
- Stock airbox and filter
- Stock springs
- Powerflex control arm bushings
- ABS sensor
- Bentley manual
- Other misc. fasteners, nuts and bolts

Now the life story of the car.....I originally bought it 6 1/2 years ago from a dealership back home in Minnesota with 36,000 miles (you can do the math, they drove 36,000 miles in 6 years of owning the car). It was single owner from a older couple in the country who never drove it in the winter. I have almost always had a garage and lived in FL during the winter months for its first couple years of life with me. This current winter is the first time I haven't had a garage and parked it on the street. It currently sits in a garage in the northern suburbs (as of Jan 2). The only rust I see on the body is located under the handle on the rear boot.

I did hit a deer. The deer did not make it... Insurance covered all repair costs which I have the printout from the body shop of what they replaced. The major motor parts were the radiator and AC condensor everything else was mostly body work such as new hood, side skirt, headlamp and some other misc parts. Like I said I have breakdown of what was replaced from auto mechanic. Otherwise any of the above parts I mentioned were replace by me and no other fender benders.

The not so good of the Mini....
1. It does have a coolant leak and the auxiliary fan no longer works. I imagine those two are related but it is the first thing that has actually failed in the engine compartment. The thermostat gasket's are notoriously bad and possible radiator as when the engine is hot the steam coming from the hood is located around the radiator. Oil is good and nothing coming out of exhaust.
2. The power steering line leaks and would need to be replaced. The power steering motor was replaced under a recall from Mini. I got in right before the 150,000 mile expiration was reached so the motor is good.
3. The radio and sun roof no longer work due to an AC water backup into the passenger side seating area which shorted the BCM (body control module). It only happened once and has never happened since.
4. I noticed a little oil on cylinder one spark plug. No oil in cylinder just on topside and it was fresh so valve seal needs to be replaced. Cylinder 2 spark plug needs to be replaced the other 3 are in good condition.
5. The dash is currently a Xmas tree (Brake, ESC and ABS light all on) due to drivers side ABS needing replacement.
6. The exterior on the driver side has a dent/scratch from my father scraping a wooden pylon (you can see it in picture), the rear bumper has a couple scratches on it and the antenna is no longer on the car. Otherwise normal wear and tear for a car with well over 100,000 miles on it.

It has been my daily driver but as you can see needs some work. I would love to keep it and put the time in to bring it back up to speed but am seeing if there is any interest in this community for someone that might want and be able to. This car has made me a Mini lover for life

The asking price is $2900 OBO
It is being sold as-is.
It is located in the northern suburbs of Chicago

Attached Thumbnails 2004 Mini Cooper S - Black-frontside.jpg   2004 Mini Cooper S - Black-back.jpg   2004 Mini Cooper S - Black-driverside.jpg   2004 Mini Cooper S - Black-engine.jpg   2004 Mini Cooper S - Black-intdriver.jpg  

2004 Mini Cooper S - Black-intpass.jpg   2004 Mini Cooper S - Black-closeupfront.jpg   2004 Mini Cooper S - Black-passengerside.jpg   2004 Mini Cooper S - Black-img_1103.jpg  

Last edited by minicoop72; 02-27-2017 at 08:47 AM.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:08 AM
BABY J
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
excellent write-up

Old 02-20-2017, 08:07 PM
minicoop72
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Baby J!

Old 02-22-2017, 07:10 PM
minicoop72