F60 Thule Roof rack

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 04:55 AM
minimtx
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thule Roof rack

Good day,

Looking to buy factory Thule roof rack for my CM and looking to see if there are any board members that have them installed on their CM. If you do, may you post a pic?

There seems to be a newer version that is more integrated than the typical aeroblades. Looks nice but not sure if I want to go that route as I usually have 3 bikes on top. However I know that I am not looking to go with the oem.

Thank you so much!

Cheers!
Minh

Old 11-28-2017, 07:07 AM
TheOriginalKonky
3rd Gear
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Interested as well. I used to have the Thule roof rack on my R53 for snowboards and loved it.

Old 11-28-2017, 10:16 AM
BDI
2nd Gear
Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by minimtx
Good day,

Looking to buy factory Thule roof rack for my CM and looking to see if there are any board members that have them installed on their CM. If you do, may you post a pic?

There seems to be a newer version that is more integrated than the typical aeroblades. Looks nice but not sure if I want to go that route as I usually have 3 bikes on top. However I know that I am not looking to go with the oem.

Thank you so much!

Cheers!
Minh
I had the Thule Aeroblade Edge system on my Touareg. Loved that it was low profile but didn't like that it used a strap to secure the crossbars to the rack. It might be tight putting 3 bikes on it. You are probably better off with the non-edge Aeroblade.

I ended up buying the OEM rack on Ebay for half the price of the Aeroblade Edge.

Old 11-28-2017, 11:58 AM
minimtx
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BDI
I had the Thule Aeroblade Edge system on my Touareg. Loved that it was low profile but didn't like that it used a strap to secure the crossbars to the rack. It might be tight putting 3 bikes on it. You are probably better off with the non-edge Aeroblade.

I ended up buying the OEM rack on Ebay for half the price of the Aeroblade Edge.
So I guess attempting something like this would be out of the question right? ��

On a more serious note, I know what you mean. That is why I am thinking about the 47 inch instead of the new intergrated one. Low profile but would not fit my 3 Thule Sidearms. As for the straps, I can tell you that it holds pretty good. Have no issue with it at all.

Old 12-01-2017, 06:28 PM
BDI
2nd Gear
Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah, gonna be very hard to fit 3 bikes on a "edge" type of cross bars.

The following users liked this post:
ECSTuning (12-05-2017)
Old 12-02-2017, 05:28 AM
Snurfer
2nd Gear
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I opted to go with an aftermarket rack, as I’m not a fan of the height of the oem style.

I went with with a pretty elaborate rhino rack setup consisting of:

Rhino-Rack SX Series Legs for Vortex Aero Crossbars - Raised Factory Side Rails - Qty 4

Rhino-Rack Vortex Aero Crossbars - Aluminum - Black - 46" Long - Qty 2

Rhino-Rack Pioneer Platform - Universal Mount - 58" Long x 47" Wide

I’ve got a bunch of components that can attach to the c channels in the rack and platform, so it should be pretty versatile.

I’m still waiting on my SE so I do t have any photos yet, but I will post some up when I can.