North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   SCCA Solo and ProSolo (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/scca-solo-and-prosolo-199/)
-   -   D Stock Rear Sway (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/scca-solo-and-prosolo/275607-rear-sway.html)

mkochjr 08-18-2014 10:12 AM

Rear Sway

Finally manned up and got my Rear Sway installed. I went with the Hotchkis 25mm bar. Install wasn't as hard as I expected considering you had to drop the subframe. I only removed the two right side bolts so I could allow the subframe to drop enough to slide the bar out. I also only removed the top 2 13mm bolts on the strut and just pushed it aside.

I've been playing with it while driving but don't feel much of a difference as of yet. It may be because I'm running street tire pressures and the tires roll over alot at that pressure. Next event isn't until September 7th so I have to wait to test it out officially. I have it on the setting closest to the front of the car which should be the most aggressive setting, correct?

Anyone with experience with this bar?

kyoo 08-18-2014 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by mkochjr (Post 3976610)
Finally manned up and got my Rear Sway installed. I went with the Hotchkis 25mm bar. Install wasn't as hard as I expected considering you had to drop the subframe. I only removed the two right side bolts so I could allow the subframe to drop enough to slide the bar out. I also only removed the top 2 13mm bolts on the strut and just pushed it aside.

I've been playing with it while driving but don't feel much of a difference as of yet. It may be because I'm running street tire pressures and the tires roll over alot at that pressure. Next event isn't until September 7th so I have to wait to test it out officially. I have it on the setting closest to the front of the car which should be the most aggressive setting, correct?

Anyone with experience with this bar?

posted in the other thread, but i'm using this bar as well. you won't notice any difference until you're pushing it at autox. stiffest setting is the one closest to the body of the bar. just make sure everything's well tightened down

Grizld700 08-18-2014 12:33 PM

With the new bar, you'll notice a lot more three wheel action than you did before. doesn't really hurt times, but it's and interesting feeling when you do it for the first time. (assuming you haven't) With my bar on full if I corner a little too agressively you will three wheel. Of course depending on your shock/sprig set up, that may not happen as much. I'm still on stock suspension (aside from the hotchkis bar) so it happens quite a bit.

kyoo 08-18-2014 12:41 PM

if i'm in a corner i'm on 3 wheels period pretty much

Btwyx 08-18-2014 01:27 PM

We used to get on three wheels with the stock (sport) suspension. With the rear bar its more exaggerated and people comment on it (a lot). I can't say I've ever noticed a feeling when it does this, it just cornering.

mkochjr 08-18-2014 04:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I actually did get slight lift while I was completely stock so I'm sure it'll be more noticeable now.

Attachment 195292

Pales 10-24-2014 07:42 PM

Even with the stiffer rsb, I've only had success getting it to rotate with 4-5 more psi in the rear tires over the fronts cold.

mkochjr 10-27-2014 11:33 AM

I run about 42-45 in the fronts and 38 or so in the rear.

I drive very aggressively and get a lot of shoulder wear so I run higher in the front then most.

Pales 10-28-2014 05:36 PM

I also run 42-43 in the fronts, but go the over-inflation route in the rear at 47. I tried underinflating rears but I wasn't as fast.

mkochjr 10-28-2014 07:47 PM

Here is my last event. I'm getting plenty of rotation. A lot of it probably has to do with my aggressiveness but this is lowering the rears down to about 38-40psi. I normally ran high rears before I got the sway.