R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

R60 To lower or not to lower? That is the question.

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 08:11 AM
y8s
4th Gear
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
^^ I have a 2012 with sport suspension. I have no complaints other than it's a little pushy in slow, tight corners... but honestly I'm ok with it. A bigger rear sway bar might help, but it's not urgent.

Old 08-16-2017, 10:04 AM
cstrumol
3rd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I've been on BC coils for a few months now and I love them. I'm lowered to about an inch of fender gap, aftermarket rear sway on stiffest setting and adjustable LCA's. The handling is far superior to the stock setup with about 90k on it. Rebound is set at 6 from softest in front and 5 from softest in rear. Small and medium bumps are handled perfectly fine, you do notice the larger stuff though. Also, most notably, a dramatic reduction in bump steer. I am a fan of the BC's. I still have plenty of clearance for everyday driving and entering my steep driveway requires nothing more than a slightly angled approach.

Old 09-28-2017, 07:52 AM
MannyJimenez
5th Gear
Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by cstrumol
I've been on BC coils for a few months now and I love them. I'm lowered to about an inch of fender gap, aftermarket rear sway on stiffest setting and adjustable LCA's. The handling is far superior to the stock setup with about 90k on it. Rebound is set at 6 from softest in front and 5 from softest in rear. Small and medium bumps are handled perfectly fine, you do notice the larger stuff though. Also, most notably, a dramatic reduction in bump steer. I am a fan of the BC's. I still have plenty of clearance for everyday driving and entering my steep driveway requires nothing more than a slightly angled approach.
How plush can the ride be with the BC set-up you have. If you make it plush do you get a lot or bounce.

Old 09-28-2017, 08:08 AM
cstrumol
3rd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by MannyJimenez
How plush can the ride be with the BC set-up you have. If you make it plush do you get a lot or bounce.
Now with my new tires, the ride is really great. I put 225/50 AS-05's on and really enjoy the ride. I commute same way every day and have no choice but to hit a few holes along the way. Unless its a huge pothole it is nothing jarring. It is not bouncy at all. I am actually considering upping the damping because the ride is so smooth now. If you're going to the mini run next sunday to bear (Oct. 8th) I'd be happy to give you a quick ride in the car.