R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

R60 NEW 2016 Light White CMS and Garage Full of Mods (It Begins)!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 11:51 AM
dyeLucky
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@JuanTheHuman I'm extremely impressed with what you have done with your CMS! I love it! 3 questions...1) How difficult was it to install the M7 intercooler tube? I just seen underneath my CMS for the first time the other day while my exhaust was being put in and based on where I see the intercooler tube comes off of the intercooler, it feels a bit daunting... 2) I've seen VIP's stuff, but I've been concerned about quality...How do you feel about the VIP LC Arms since you have had them? I'm wanting the to the MR Springs as well and will need lc arms... and 3) Where did you get your MR strut brace for $99?! Thanks in advance!

Old 03-23-2016, 12:11 PM
JuanTheHuman
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dyeLucky
@JuanTheHuman I'm extremely impressed with what you have done with your CMS! I love it! 3 questions...1) How difficult was it to install the M7 intercooler tube? I just seen underneath my CMS for the first time the other day while my exhaust was being put in and based on where I see the intercooler tube comes off of the intercooler, it feels a bit daunting... 2) I've seen VIP's stuff, but I've been concerned about quality...How do you feel about the VIP LC Arms since you have had them? I'm wanting the to the MR Springs as well and will need lc arms... and 3) Where did you get your MR strut brace for $99?! Thanks in advance!
Hey DYELUCKY,

Thanks! is that DYE as in DYE PB??!! If so, avid Pballer as well. Airgun Designs Automag with X-Valve! Ol'Skool.....20 BPS....

1) The M7 tube is about the easiest install of all that I have done! Besides the aformentioned torx bolt that holds the "Plastic Turbo Muffler", the pipe is only held on by 2 hose clamps. If you look earlier in my thread I give a description of how to do the install. But, buy a flexible ratchet, as it will help with accessing the lower hose clamp bolt since its kinda on an angle.

2) I would not be concerned at all in terms of quality with VIP's products. I purchased their DP-back Exhaust front section, which is gorgeous TIG T304, and the LCA's were bulletproof with some fat-@$$ heim joints! Keep in mind that these have NO rubber bushings/isolators, thus, you will experience some creakage on bumps, etc... this is normal. If you want to avoid that, you might opt for some of the other manufacturers, which use poly bushings. However, most of these are thinner diameter and have welded ends, which are inferior in terms of durability.

3) I believe I purchased it on the ol' FleaBay! However, ECS Tuning and many of the other forum-wide sponsor vendors offer the bar at a very competitive price as well.

ECS has it for $89! ES#: 3010509 Mfg#: MRSBMCC11FU1P
https://www.ecstuning.com/Mini-2015-...t_Tower_Brace/

Good Luck! Drive Safe & Drive Often. Rubber Side Down. Over & Out.

Old 03-23-2016, 12:37 PM
dyeLucky
2nd Gear
@JuanTheHuman,

Not quite, but I used to play pb and loved it!

1) THANKS!!! I'll keep this in mind. I dread breaking the plastic piece away from the body...The thought of breaking something on my car makes me cringe...

2) Creakage will definitely be a big deal breaker...I hate the sound of stuff like that...Even though it doesnt mean things are breaking, it just sounds like something is wrong; I'll go elsewhere for the lca's. Thanks again.

3) I imagine that should fine my '11 CMS, I doubt they made a huge change between the '11 and '15 where this tower brace won't fit, so looks like I'll be buying it! :D

Extra - 4) On the spacer additions, have you noticed anything good/bad after adding them? I was looking at the same exact spacers for mine, but every time I look into buying spacers (for any vehicle) I always read bad things that defer me from buying them; I will be getting new wheels/tires at some point and time in the near future, so I should probably just wait...

Old 03-23-2016, 02:11 PM
JuanTheHuman
2nd Gear
DYELUCKY,

Absolutely nothing negative. On paper, they should actually help with traction/cornering. The further a wheel is mounted from the hub assembly the better its grip, or traction, is when cornering, to an extent. And because the wheels sit further away from the hub assembly when using wheel spacers the traction that a vehicle has when cornering is improved.The wider the rear track gets, the more you reduce the inherent understeer associated with a nose heavy, front drive car like ours.

I obviously did all 4 as the purpose was more of an aesthetic upgrade, until I purchase actual rims. It is not like you will actually "feel" improved performance, like you will from sport springs or coilovers, strut bars, sway bars, etc...Its just a temporary fix until I wear out the OEM tires. I just really don't like how recessed the OEM wheels sat in the fenders.

Old 03-25-2016, 06:22 AM
JuanTheHuman
2nd Gear
Greetings from SO-FLA,

I finally downloaded the Manic Stage II Tune last night!!

Vroom-Vroom-Time is here!! The car finally woke up! It is lighting up the tires all the way through 3rd gear! Pulls like a ****...

Old 03-25-2016, 06:46 AM
dyeLucky
2nd Gear
I want that tune sooo bad (stage 1, at least)...We need a video @JuanTheHuman!

Old 04-01-2016, 04:53 PM
Mark A
1st Gear
I found this thread last night and love it. I cant wait to see and hear some videos of this 2016. I love all the photos and info. I just got my 2016 countryman a couple months ago. So far I relocated the brake pedal an inch to the left because my wide shoes were rubbing it when on the gas and got a temporary upgrade of a Burger Motorsports JB+. My car did not come with the comfort access so I have found a few places that can install passive key-less entry and a backup camera. Have you thought of doing any of these mods to yours? Do you have comfort access?

Old 04-05-2016, 05:55 AM
JuanTheHuman
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Mark A
I found this thread last night and love it. I cant wait to see and hear some videos of this 2016. I love all the photos and info. I just got my 2016 countryman a couple months ago. So far I relocated the brake pedal an inch to the left because my wide shoes were rubbing it when on the gas and got a temporary upgrade of a Burger Motorsports JB+. My car did not come with the comfort access so I have found a few places that can install passive key-less entry and a backup camera. Have you thought of doing any of these mods to yours? Do you have comfort access?
Hey MARK,

Congrats on your CM purchase! The JB+ is a great start as it is a relatively good "Bang-for-your-Buck" modification. However, down the line, if you feel like moving on to more power and more precise fuel mapping, I highly recommend the Manic Tune. I do not have comfort access on my CM, I just don't really mind pressing 1 button on my key fob to get in the car, this issue did not warrant the extra cost involved. I would say to save your money on the mod and spend it on something else like exhaust, suspension, intercooler, etc...

I like the mod to the brake pedal as I have pretty big feet , and I did find it rather small down there. Good work. Post some pics of your ride in the CM Photos thread!

Drive Safe & Drive Often. Rubber Side Down. Over & Out.

Old 04-05-2016, 03:51 PM
Alanberto
2nd Gear
JuanTheHuman how are the megan racing springs? How do they feel and how much did it lower?

Old 04-06-2016, 05:56 AM
JuanTheHuman
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Alanberto
JuanTheHuman how are the megan racing springs? How do they feel and how much did it lower?
Hey ALAN,

The MR Springs are awesome. I put a description of their ride quality and installation procedure earlier in my thread, next to the photos of them. They lower the car about 1.5", which in my opinion, should at the very least be the OEM height. They brought the CM down from "Monster-Truck-Status" nicely. Additionally, being paired with the 23mm VIP Sway Bar and MR Front Strut Bar, the CM carves corners like a ****!

Old 04-06-2016, 07:59 AM
Alanberto
2nd Gear
Thank you, the resdon i ask is because i put some rims on that sit flush with the fender and dont know if there will be rubbing issues. I know you put spacers on yours, do you have any issues with rubbing and it being lowered?

Old 04-06-2016, 12:47 PM
JuanTheHuman
2nd Gear
Thank you, the resdon i ask is because i put some rims on that sit flush with the fender and dont know if there will be rubbing issues. I know you put spacers on yours, do you have any issues with rubbing and it being lowered?
ALAN,

I have zero rubbing issues since the lowering springs only lower 1.5", which still gives me plenty of clearance. If you look in my thread, you can see photos of my white CM, where you can clearly see the wheel gap still exists. I would be wary of lowering too much, however, if you are going with anything in the 19X8.5 range, as I have heard of some people experiencing rubbing issues on the inner plastic wheel well / fender lining. Some people just let it rub until the fender lining wears away enough to allow free movement. There is a plethora of wheel/tire/suspension combination information in the respective areas around the forum.

Old 04-06-2016, 12:51 PM
Alanberto
2nd Gear
Ok thank you, and I do have the 19x8.5 hopefully there is no rubbing, springs should get here on Monday, ill see after the install.

Old 04-06-2016, 12:56 PM
Alanberto
2nd Gear
Here are some pictures of it right now. Dont think the front should be too much of a problem after lowering only think the back might.

Old 04-07-2016, 03:09 PM
JuanTheHuman
2nd Gear
[QUOTE=Alanberto;4195204]Here are some pictures of it right now. Dont think the front should be too much of a problem after lowering only think the back might.

WOW! LOL! That thing is up there!! I don't think you will have any rubbing issues! Can you please post some pictures of it after you do the springs? I am also planing 19x8.5, so I would like to see the end product. What tires are you running?

If you run into any snags, I posted some install instructions earlier in this thread. Good Luck!

Old 04-07-2016, 03:22 PM
dyeLucky
2nd Gear
Here are some pictures of it right now. Dont think the front should be too much of a problem after lowering only think the back might.

What offset is that? I'm thinking of 30...

Old 04-07-2016, 04:08 PM
Alanberto
2nd Gear
Ok i will post some pics of the finished product. I am running 235/35/19. I picked up these rims used and I think they are about a 30 offset. I like the way they pock out bit fro. The fender And if I run into any trouble I'll check out your post. I also just added some rally armor mud flaps I think it looks pretty nice, a more aggressive look

Old 04-07-2016, 04:09 PM
Alanberto
2nd Gear
Old 04-07-2016, 10:58 PM
minicountry
3rd Gear
Mine are 18 ET35 still rub when I lowered too much

I set to the highest of the damping, I think I need to camber the rear, front are fine

Old 04-08-2016, 09:34 AM
Alanberto
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by minicountry
I set to the highest of the damping, I think I need to camber the rear, front are fine

How much lower are you than stock minicountry?

Old 04-08-2016, 02:55 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,965 Likes on 1,765 Posts
yea ? looks like an 1" or 2

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 04-08-2016, 03:19 PM
minicountry
3rd Gear
almost 2" not quite

Old 04-08-2016, 04:15 PM
Alanberto
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by minicountry
almost 2" not quite
Any rubbing on the rear mini country?

Old 04-08-2016, 04:45 PM
Alanberto
2nd Gear

Just got them in, will be doing the install later tonight. Can't wait! :D

Old 04-08-2016, 09:49 PM
wzabrouski
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's mine.

Attached Thumbnails NEW 2016 Light White CMS and Garage Full of Mods (It Begins)!-photo867.jpg  

Quick Reply: R60 NEW 2016 Light White CMS and Garage Full of Mods (It Begins)!