North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r56-hatch-talk-2007-136/)
-   -   R56 CLASSIC MINI overfilled my oil and now are refusing to drain it until next week!!! (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r56-hatch-talk-2007/119144-classic-mini-overfilled-my-oil-and-now-are-refusing-to-drain-it-until-next-week.html)

flav 11-06-2007 10:27 AM

CLASSIC MINI overfilled my oil and now are refusing to drain for week!!! (UPDATED)

CLASSIC MINI overfilled my oil and now are refusing to drain it until next week!!! i have several threads on here talking about my oil being overfilled by CLASSIC MINI a month ago. since then i have a drop in coolant level, lower MPG and on an occasion pooling liquid in my tail pipe. i finally decided that something was definately wrong. i called CLASSIC and explained the situation. they said "we are booked up until next week". i said "it was your guys fault, it should be fixed today. serious damage could happen." again she said "sorry sir we are booked. should i set something up for you next week." i explained i was trying to prevent any additional damage and that i can't wait a week. she didnt care. i called MINI USA and they said they would call the dealer. its been an hour and no response. what should i do?

Bhatch 11-06-2007 10:41 AM

arguing to the receptionist is like arguing on a internet forum. You should ask to speak to a manager, or just go there drop the car off and get a loner.

Squirlz 11-06-2007 10:54 AM

Drain it yourself? Or take it to an oil-change shop or any mechanic and ask them to do it.

flav 11-06-2007 11:28 AM

UPDATED:

im at the dealer right now. The service manager got on the phone and said come right in. The are servicing my car right now. They have been very professional about taking care of me so far. Funny thing, while i was here MINI customer relations called to make sure everything was being handled ok.

mufflethis 11-06-2007 11:30 AM

Their service really sucks. My service dept also overfilled the oil I called the service dept, they were all booked up all I said was that they overfilled the oil and without asking was given the manager and had an appointment next morning. If it's their screwup doesn't matter if they have to work overtime, they should fix it.

Originally Posted by Squirlz (Post 1846912)
Drain it yourself? Or take it to an oil-change shop or any mechanic and ask them to do it.

Why should he? He either paid for the oil change to be done right or was done as part of the maintenance plan for which he also paid for when he bought the car.

flav 11-06-2007 11:43 AM

They came back and said it was about 1/2 a quart overfilled and the coolant was 1 inch low. And its not nearly enough to do any damage. I hope not, I ran the snot out of it for 1500 miles and even took a 400 mile road trip in that time.

Squirlz 11-06-2007 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by mufflethis (Post 1846984)

Why should he? He either paid for the oil change to be done right or was done as part of the maintenance plan for which he also paid for when he bought the car.

He said he was concerned about serious damage that could occur if he continued to drive it. Sounded like the priority was getting it done. And it's simple enough so...why not?

Glad they took care of you Flav.

flav 11-06-2007 01:08 PM

On a side note..the drive home after the oil level was fixed got me 3-5+ MPG more!!! And the car feels much peppier too!!!