R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Battery Registration with Carly app for r55

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 07:16 PM
superducky
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Battery Registration with Carly app for r55

Looking for input regarding successful/failure R55 battery registration with the Carly for BMW app (used to be called BMWhat) and gen 2 bluetooth adapter (Android). If you could weigh in if it worked for you that would be awesome! I want to use it on a 2012 Mini Clubman S. Have to register the battery since it has IBS. If you found other app/adapter combo for Android that isn't super expensive that would be helpful too! When my warranty runs out, I might be interested in clearing codes as well.

Carly's website says to test with the lite version to see if you can do the battery registration. Problem is I have to buy an OBDII adapter to just check. Customer support hasn't gotten back to me about which R55's it would work with and which it wouldn't, or if I can return it if it doesn't. I know I could get a cheaper adapter to test, but my battery is on it's last legs, so trying a bunch of random adapters would probably be a bad idea.

Old 12-01-2016, 04:12 AM
gjxj
4th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
carly does not work with odblink products. The adaper works with other apps, just carly is not compatible

Old 12-13-2016, 02:27 PM
superducky
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gjxj
carly does not work with odblink products. The adapter works with other apps, just carly is not compatible
Thanks gjxj for that info. FYI to those with R55's: Carly replied in an email to me that there will be no more R55 updates to their program unless they get requests.

Old 01-03-2017, 05:17 AM
pmsummer
5th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by superducky
Thanks gjxj for that info. FYI to those with R55's: Carly replied in an email to me that there will be no more R55 updates to their program unless they get requests.
I urge all Carly users to request they ad Rear Foglight Activation.

Just as a favor for me. :-)