R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 JCW Clubman - Downpipe & Tune Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 01:29 PM
311mini
2nd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
JCW Clubman - Downpipe & Tune Question

Hello, hoping the experts can help me out with a question. I've been doing some research and cannot find exactly what I am looking for. I am getting a new-to-me 2014 JCW Clubman in the next few weeks and want to put on a catless downpipe. A few questions:

What's the best one to get? I've been looking at the Milltek, is that a good one?

Do I need to get anything else (O2 elims?)

What do I need to do about a tune? Am I better off getting a dyno-tune from a local tuner or getting a programmable tuner? If a programmable tuner, which is the best one? I don't want to have any CEL.

I'm in the Chicago burbs if anyone has recommendations for a local tuner. I'm mostly looking to do this to add more sound, how loud will this be with the factory JCW catback? I like a lot of sound, so my concern is that it won't be loud enough for me.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

Old 02-16-2016, 07:11 AM
chav
4th Gear
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
I have an eBay catless downpipe and love the sound of my car!

Old 02-17-2016, 08:11 AM
HiDezClubby
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PM mariokart. nuff said.

Old 02-18-2016, 12:46 PM
rckrzy1
6th Gear
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by 311mini
Hello, hoping the experts can help me out with a question. I've been doing some research and cannot find exactly what I am looking for. I am getting a new-to-me 2014 JCW Clubman in the next few weeks and want to put on a catless downpipe. A few questions:

What's the best one to get? I've been looking at the Milltek, is that a good one?
Those are good, just about anything but a RISS or other cheap EBAY one as they may cause you headaches trying to fit. I highly recommend getting it ceramic coated , will keep the heat in and rust off, I paid a local shop $40 to ceramic mine, don't pay some manf the 100-200 more I see them asking for it, it don't cost that much.

Do I need to get anything else (O2 elims?) Need something unless you like P0420 cat insuff check engine lights. But my manic tune takes care of that.

What do I need to do about a tune? Am I better off getting a dyno-tune from a local tuner or getting a programmable tuner? If a programmable tuner, which is the best one? I don't want to have any CEL.
You can't buy any programmable kits like they make for chevy's etc, so you need to get a tune from manic or somebody like that.

I'm in the Chicago burbs if anyone has recommendations for a local tuner. I'm mostly looking to do this to add more sound, how loud will this be with the factory JCW catback? I like a lot of sound, so my concern is that it won't be loud enough for me.

And you guys still have OBD emission checks so you will have to put your cat back on for inspection.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks!
filled it in