North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r55-clubman-talk-2008-168/)
-   -   R55 Clubman Capture Contest (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r55-clubman-talk-2008/151579-clubman-capture-contest.html)

Parkerton 09-23-2008 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Coopdy (Post 2480483)

Any of us who are falling behind taking side bets as to who will win?

I will NOT...repeat...will NOT - accept any of that foolish talk on this thread! NO ONE should be giving up. Sure, HT and Wampa have jumped out to an early lead, but this is ANYONE'S game!!! In fact, there may be someone who has yet to even post their first entry who could wind up winning this thing. It's THAT EARLY in the contest. Don't give up Coopdy! NO ONE GIVE UP...keep that hunting spirit. Anything can happen! We're just in the 2nd inning of this 9 inning game.

SPF ZERO 09-23-2008 03:29 PM

It's really rare to see a Clubbie in Colorado... does this one count? :roll:

http://www.silverimage.net/MINI/ClubbieWax.jpg

HTClubman 09-23-2008 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Parkerton (Post 2480560)
I will NOT...repeat...will NOT - accept any of that foolish talk on this thread! NO ONE should be giving up. Sure, HT and Wampa have jumped out to an early lead, but this is ANYONE'S game!!! In fact, there may be someone who has yet to even post their first entry who could wind up winning this thing. It's THAT EARLY in the contest. Don't give up Coopdy! NO ONE GIVE UP...keep that hunting spirit. Anything can happen! We're just in the 2nd inning of this 9 inning game.

Agree 100% with Parkerton!! :nod: Keep on the look out good people!!

Parkerton 09-23-2008 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by SPF ZERO (Post 2480627)
It's really rare to see a Clubbie in Colorado... does this one count? :roll:

http://www.silverimage.net/MINI/ClubbieWax.jpg

SPF Zero, if it turns out that you're tied for the lead when this thing is all said and done, I might...MIGHT be inclined to count this as a "parked Clubman." :lol:

(and NO, I'm not serious...but we may have to come up with some sort of tie breaker system - open to suggestions).

HTClubman 09-23-2008 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Parkerton (Post 2480715)
SPF Zero, if it turns out that you're tied for the lead when this thing is all said and done, I might...MIGHT be inclined to count this as a "parked Clubman." :lol:

(and NO, I'm not serious...but we may have to come up with some sort of tie breaker system - open to suggestions).

Tie-breaker...Roshambo? A driving race? Quiz on MINI factoids?

wampa 09-23-2008 05:56 PM

It would be pretty lame to give up. I saw 4 in one weekend. If they're moving, that's 8 points.

davidbod 09-23-2008 07:30 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Spotted this baby back in June earlier in the year at an HEB parking lot in Marble Falls, TX. I had just ordered my clubman the week before and this was my first capture in the wild.

Coopdy 09-23-2008 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Parkerton (Post 2480715)

I propose sudden-victory (aka sudden-death): the first person involved in the tie to post a pic of a Clubman (others can weigh in about moving or not...) wins all.

Parkerton 09-23-2008 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Coopdy (Post 2481114)
I propose sudden-victory (aka sudden-death): the first person involved in the tie to post a pic of a Clubman (others can weigh in about moving or not...) wins all.

Hmmm, I kinda like this one...talk about high drama = ) Alright, if everyone's alright with it, I'm willing to institute this as our "tie breaker" (I think the first wild Clubman parked OR driven wins).

I think we should move away from the "moving Clubman" or "in motion" language. My original intention was to differentiate between a parked Clubman vs one being driven. I chose my wording poorly. For example, if you captured a Clubman at a stop light, it's not moving, but I'm giving points as if it's moving...hence the difference between 1 pt and 2 pts is parked vs driven (regardless of motion).

Coopdy 09-23-2008 10:11 PM

Notice how the two people in first place say how it would be lame for others to give up -- typical sand baggers :lol:. Just teasin' I've got my game face on.

HTClubman 09-23-2008 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Coopdy (Post 2481119)
Notice how the two people in first place say how it would be lame for others to give up -- typical sand baggers :lol:. Just teasin' I've got my game face on.

Hey! I'm all for competition even though I've got it on like Donkey Kong!!! In the big picture, it's anyone's game!! I am just uber competative...I say to all - bring it on! :thumbsup:

Parkerton 09-23-2008 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by davidbod (Post 2480956)
Spotted this baby back in June earlier in the year at an HEB parking lot in Marble Falls, TX. I had just ordered my clubman the week before and this was my first capture in the wild.

Davidbod, congrats and welcome to the board!

YIKES, is that a BABY left alone in the car in the third pic??? :eek2:

Joep 09-24-2008 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by HTClubman (Post 2481122)
Hey! I'm all for competition even though I've got it on like Donkey Kong!!! ....

:lol: I don't dare say anything.

Reldieh 09-24-2008 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Parkerton (Post 2481125)
YIKES, is that a BABY left alone in the car in the third pic??? :eek2:

I had to do a double-take on that one, but I don't think it is.

It seems to be more of a reflection of a really creepy cloud formation.

Either that or his Clubman is haunted...

Wolfeee 09-24-2008 04:05 PM

Heyyy... I have 2 pics of parked clubbies that haven't been posted (cause I just don't know how too..duh) ANY TAKERS???

LadyGodiva 09-24-2008 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Wolfeee (Post 2481979)
Heyyy... I have 2 pics of parked clubbies that haven't been posted (cause I just don't know how too..duh) ANY TAKERS???

Hey girl, email 'em to me and I will post them for you after I finish work, OK? I'll PM you :grin:

Coopdy 09-24-2008 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Wolfeee (Post 2481979)

It's not beneath me to beg for them, pulllleeeasse. You can PM them to me and I'll honestly still give you credit for them.

I'll find the thread for posting pics and PM it to you.

Coopdy 09-24-2008 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by LadyGodiva (Post 2481990)
Hey girl, email 'em to me and I will post them for you after I finish work, OK? I'll PM you :grin:

D*mn it Lady G! :lol: I knew that I shouldn't have spent any time looking for that "how to post pics thread"!

LadyGodiva 09-24-2008 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Coopdy (Post 2481994)
D*mn it Lady G! :lol: I knew that I shouldn't have spent any time looking for that "how to post pics thread"!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

that is tooo funny! LOL! I'm just posting them on her behalf, though. Us Clubbie sistahs have to stick together! :thumbsup:

Wolfeee 09-24-2008 06:34 PM

Now...now....lets not fight over little 'ol me!! The best part about these clubbies...They are from the same family!! :thumbsup:

Coopdy 09-24-2008 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by LadyGodiva (Post 2482072)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

that is tooo funny! LOL! I'm just posting them on her behalf, though. Us Clubbie sistahs have to stick together! :thumbsup:

I agree and sincerely, as I posted I was gonna give Wolfee credit for them and not take points. :thumbsup: I've taken to other measures and have enrolled in an online Paparazzi Stalking Techniques 101 course. http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...kingsmiley.gif

Aluvendale 09-24-2008 08:15 PM

I've taken plenty of non-clubman photos, but this was the first Clubman I had seen "in the wild." If I had been driving, I would have swooped into that gas station and searched for the owner (to hand them a Sunshine MINIs card, of course).

Reldieh 09-24-2008 09:26 PM

*Warning! Off topic!*

Originally Posted by Aluvendale (Post 2482331)
(to hand them a Sunshine MINIs card, of course).

Hey, are you by chance attending MM4 this weekend?

HTClubman 09-24-2008 10:02 PM

Can't wait to see the new pictures! I was heading to LA this evening and saw a lovely CR/B Clubman heading west on the 101 as I was heading east...too quick for me to snap a picture...BUT I have a mental picture which I will enjoy :)

Wolfeee 09-25-2008 07:18 AM

ok... I sent both pics to Lady G...you can post on my behalf...were there specific rules for that?? Kidding...