North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Pacific Northwest (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/pacific-northwest-25/)
-   -   Updated w/ pictures: Boring OR A&W Cooper Cruise-In (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/pacific-northwest/3106-updated-w-pictures-boring-or-a-and-w-cooper-cruise-in.html)

8ball 12-07-2002 10:46 AM

... have to cancel my Sunday Drive ... please keep all those digi-cams busy! i'll be looking forward to a bunch of those 'group shots'!

Goofygrape 12-07-2002 11:25 AM

Same here :cry:
Caught a bad cold... not the kind of Christmas Cheer I want to spread to anyone.
Heard my baby will be at the dealer around the 16th! Everything is set...I can't wait!

Hope you all have a great time! Take lots o pics!

Kimini1 12-07-2002 12:07 PM

Sorry to hear that 8 ball and Goofygrape! You'll be missed! We'll be sure to take lots of pics and we look forward to seeing you at the rally in January.
Take care!
Kim :smile:

8ball 12-07-2002 12:19 PM

>> ...look forward to seeing you at the rally in January.

Thanks Kim! I'll be at my desk all weekend so fire off those pic's soon ...
... what rally??

Kimini1 12-07-2002 01:36 PM

Will do (or at least Ryan will, I think he has the digicam)....we are planning a rally through the "wine country" of Yamhill county sometime in January. It promises to have lots of twists and turns and other surprises! We'll keep you posted of the where and when. :grin:

Goofygrape 12-07-2002 05:06 PM

Sounds Great!
Wish I was going tomorrow.
Oh well next time I'll have my MINI too!

See ya all soon

Davbret 12-08-2002 07:33 PM

We had a nice showing of about 12 MINIs at the Cooper Cruise-In. Pardon my junky shots. It got so dark so quickly I couln't get a decent shot, short of installing a spotlight on my camera. Had to photoshop 'em up to be a bit brighter at the expense of clarity. But enjoy all the same! :cool:

R

PDX_Mini 12-08-2002 09:05 PM

Everybody looks so shiny! Sorry I was unable to make it for the rally but I spent my Sunday at the office - crashed firewall on network trumps all personal plans.

Please post more pics even if you have to lighten them...looks like a diverse group of MINI's.

Kimini1 12-08-2002 11:18 PM

Hi PDX MINI (AKA: future webmaster??) yes that's what was so great! Out of all the MINI's there, no two were alike. (12 I think) Just one more thing I love about this car! Thanks again for everyone that came and the ones that didn't..hope to see you at the rally on January 19th along w/everyone else! Motor on!! (Details to come)
Kim :grin:

cjthor 12-08-2002 11:50 PM

That sure was a blast! Thanks again Ryan for helpin me out with that lil spill! :smile:

8ball 12-09-2002 07:28 AM

Nice looking turnout, Guys! and Congrats to Davbret and Kimini1 on the new jobs!
Quite a good looking lineup of cars ... begs for a new thread ...'would James Dean drive a MINI?'
See you all next time ...

Goofygrape 12-09-2002 07:51 AM

Boy Looks like it was fun.
Any Slikies?
Hope to make it to the rally! :smile:

Davbret 12-09-2002 07:59 AM

Nope, so silk greens. You'll be the only one!

While on the same topic, we had 3 dark silvers, but one had black roof, one had white and one had body colored. :lol:

R

littlebluecoop1 12-09-2002 08:01 AM

Morning . . . great time at Boring, and it wasn't.
LBC1 :razz:

Goofygrape 12-09-2002 08:10 AM

That is so cool that there is such a diverse range of colors combos in the group!
congrats on the well deserved position!

Time for some more cold meds! yuck..."sniff... Sneeze!...sniff"

littlebluecoop1 12-09-2002 08:16 AM

Follow up:

I notice that a manufacturer for front tower braces for our S's has a hinge point where the cross bar attaches to each tower bracket. Unless my mechanical engineering theory fails me [or I'm having another senior moment] doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose of the stabilizer bar? In a perfect world where all roads are flat that would work nicely, but with the undulations, chuck holes, heavily traffic grouved roads, still work? Hmmmmmmm

LBC1, again

MINIJarid 12-09-2002 09:14 AM

>> That sure was a blast! Thanks again Ryan for helpin me out with that lil spill! :smile:

Racegun 12-10-2002 07:21 AM

Wow..........It looks like everyone had a good time.

I'm sorry I couldn't be there my inlaws had us over for dinner that night and family takes priority.

Let me know if you want my help as a webmaster.

Ciao

Davbret 12-10-2002 06:12 PM

Racegun said:

Let me know if you want my help as a webmaster.
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

In case you were not clear, we would LOVE for you to be our webmaster. We decided on http://www.pdxmini.org as the club site name. Shoot me a PM or an email with your contact info and we'll talk about what we are going to need. :wink:

Thanks again SO much!!

R

littlebluecoop1 12-10-2002 07:06 PM

In short, if there is any doubt, YES would be the answer. :grin:

Racegun 12-11-2002 10:54 AM

Well I didn't want to step on anybody's toes and it sounded like PDX_Mini may have been established as the WebMaster.

I'm looking into hosting options now and for what we'll need the server to do ie; Run PERL and PHP scripts, have more thatn one email account, a MySQL database maybe, Frontpage Extensions for future webmasters (I don't use Frontpage), SSH and FTP access etc.

Doteasy.com would be great if they would do all these things for free but they don't. After you add in the things we need they would be a little more expensive then some of the other hosts that include those things in their packages for the same price if not less.

It looks like it'll be around $20 per month.

So far I'm liking http://www.aplus.net

Ciao

Davbret 12-11-2002 11:07 AM

Being that I am not a techie, I have no idea what any of those anacronyms are...maybe you and PDX_Mini could work together on this? I'm really in the dark when it comes to website engineering. We will use whatever the best option is, that gives us the most flexibility.

I agree that although the MCO site idea sounds good, we are going to want something more creative to feature our group. :grin:

R

Kimini1 12-11-2002 12:16 PM

I second that idea Ryan... :wink:

PDX_Mini 12-11-2002 09:27 PM

Defintely not a webmaster - not sure how that rumor got started. Among ohter things I handle networks / security / databases / administration / for a third party administration company, but web sites I don't do.

Racegun, be my guest to create the site. If there's anything you feel I can do please feel free to call on me.

Racegun 12-16-2002 10:29 AM

Um, well ok I'm not entirely sure how much time I can devote to the care and feeding of the website but I'll do my best.

I have very little free time anymore between work (investors and stockholders can be such a pain in the arse) and my other hobbies and home life. This has been reflected in my absence at all of the organized events so far. I don't expect this to change anytime soon so I'll have to be a member in spirit and not in person. I'll be able to do impromptu things like meeting after work for a beer and those sorts of things, but for the most part my family has the pole position on the weekends.

Ryan, I think Aplus.net is going to meet all of our current and future needs for a server space. I would suggest we start there. I'll need the logins and all of the account info that you set up so I can get something done. Also we need to know where the content will be coming from. I mean who will write the copy, who will do the artwork etc. I am an ok webmaster at best but I'm not an artist or a writer. I can supply some software for doing some digital art if needed (such as Fireworks or Photoshop).

Let me know when you'd like me to get started.

Racegun