North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Pacific Northwest (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/pacific-northwest-25/)
-   -   UPDATE 10/21/02:Portland Bridge Run Oct 26th!! (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/pacific-northwest/2120-update-10-21-02-portland-bridge-run-oct-26th.html)

Davbret 10-08-2002 05:36 AM

Seems like we were getting interest in a get-together/cruise for later this month. Thought I'd just start a seperate thread to keep things straight.

Ok, so where do we want to go? So far a bridge run (cross all bridges in Portland) and a historic gorge highway run have been suggested. Any other ideas? Let's hear your thoughts.

Ok, so what do we want to do? This would be a great time to get to know one another. Perhaps terminate the run at local park for a BBQ? A restaurant? Drinks? Would also be a good time to put our heads together on forming a local MINI club.

Those without MINIs yet are graciously invited to ride in my car. :grin:

R

Goofygrape 10-08-2002 08:42 AM

I get Shotgun!!!!!

The Bridge idea sounds fun for a fun little frist time ice breaker. End with Pizza and Beer? It's a beautiful Pizza on Belmont? or Downtown some place?

cjthor 10-08-2002 06:53 PM

Is there any possibility of having this on a Sunday? I unfortunately have to work Saturdays..Selling MINIs!

Jarid Perry
MINI Sales
http://www.RasmussenMINI.com

Goofygrape 10-08-2002 07:33 PM

The 19th would be cool or the 20th if Jarid is serious! He Welcome to the board Jarid you should get Mikkel on here too.

Well what do others feel for a date?

PDX_Mini 10-08-2002 09:03 PM

Even though I don't have my MINI yet and have to go to UTAH to get one within 6 months (cough RASMUSSEN cough) I'd like to see everyone else's MINI's and get to know you all. October is bad for me (going to Japan for a couple weeks) but I will definitely make the next one whenever you decide that is. Maybe a good idea to come up with an informal group name (MINI of 'yourcitynamehere') sounds a little too generic (my .02).

Remember to get pics of the event those of you witha digital camera!

Nate

Kimini1 10-08-2002 09:22 PM

Count us in! We are not available the 20th but we can go on the 19th, 26th or 27th. The bridge run sounds fine then meeting somewhere for pizza etc sounds good too.

Davbret 10-09-2002 08:30 AM

So it sounds like we're approaching a consensus:

Sunday the 27th for a bridge run and pizza/beer afterwards?

R

Goofygrape 10-09-2002 08:47 AM

NO nonononono make it the 19th, 20th or 26th! please....

I can make it those days but not the 27th. With that said...
All of you that actually have your mini's should have the deciding vote.

While I'm here, I must apologize for my horrid typing on the last few posts!
I may be stupid but I'm dumb!

Tom

Goofygrape 10-09-2002 08:48 AM

>>So it sounds like we're approaching a consensus:

The 26th for a bridge run and pizza/beer afterwords! Sounds good to me
:wink:

Kimini1 10-09-2002 09:19 AM

The weekend of the 26th works fine for us. Anyone else? Time/place..exact date?

Goofygrape 10-09-2002 02:56 PM

Not sure how long a "bridge run" would take, but since we all are meeting for the first time maybe 11:00 or 11:30. This way it will be durring daylight hours and we'll be seen. We can drive and have a pizza & beer lunch?
Just a thought.
I'm open for an afternoon ride too and maybe an early dinner?

Davbret 10-10-2002 06:14 AM

Well I had suggested the 27th due to cjthor working on saturdays...but if the group prefers saturday the 26th, the group wins. :grin: Sorry Jarid, but there definitely will be a next time. :wink:

Ok, so assuming we agree on the 26th and a bridge run, we now need to decide on some finer details:

-do we want to start North and work our way South, or vice versa?
-How far North/South do we wanna go? (North=Broadway, Freemont, or St. Johns? / South=Ross or Sellwood?)

Here's my initial thought, let me know what parts you like/don't like:
-Start on West side of St. John's bridge. Go over St. John's Bridge going east.
-Then West over Broadway.
-Then East over Steel.
-West over Burnside.
-East over Morrison.
-West over Hawthorne.
-East over Ross.
-West over Sellwood.
By ending the drive going West over Sellwood, we end up in John's Landing. Perhaps WhoSong and Larry's for dinner/drinks afterwards? Whatever we decide on, I'd be happy to put together a map and pre-run the route for time and accuracy.

I'm in contact with the local Miata and RX7 clubs to get their routes for the bridge run as they have done such runs in the past. Please let me know any suggestions.

Oh ya, one last thing, who's got CB's? We'll need them for the run to stay in contact most likely..unless we want to do the cell phone deal.

R

Goofygrape 10-10-2002 11:18 AM

This sounds good Ryan, I have a friend who has some pretty good moterola or Cobra radio's. He has 4 of them. We used them moving him and his wife to Oregon, and they worked great.

Anyhoo I could see if I can borrow them, if that would help.

L8R

Tom

Davbret 10-10-2002 12:13 PM

Ohhh! Awesome Tom! That'd be great!! I have a feeling that we may get broken up from time to time due to traffic lights or whatever, so the Motorolas or CBs would be a wonderful failsafe keeping us together.

I've been compiling directions/notes from the RX7 Club bridge run, the Miata Club bridge run, and my own Thomas Guide today. Definitely going to be a follow the leader deal, as there is a bit of manouvering to get from bridge to bridge.

So who all is gonna come?

Me (Ryan) DS/B MCS
Kimini1 DS/W MCS
Goofygrape (Tom) you riding with one of us?
PDX_MINI, you're not coming?? :cry:
Racegun, where you be?

R

Homepage

http://images.cardomain.com/installs.../244028_28.jpg

PDX_Mini 10-10-2002 12:25 PM

I would love to be at the inaugural run but I've got an amazing opportunity to go to Japan for a couple of weeks and it is over the period of the run. It has been tough watching the planning being put together and I am jealous of you all but I know I leave the future of the "Insert Cool Portland MINI Club Name Here" in good hands. I promise to be available as a ride-along for the next run. Remember to get lots of pics, and not just of the cars but the members too!

Drive Safe...and fast!

Nate

Goofygrape 10-10-2002 02:12 PM

Hey Ryan,

Yes I called shotgun! I wanna hear your sound system man!We can work out the details later.

I'll bring my digital too! Haven't heard back from my buddy yet...
I gotta run ...home with two sick kids right now.

Tom

Kimini1 10-10-2002 02:24 PM

Hi Ryan,
Everything sounds great. Did we decide on the 26th then? I also let some other MINI owners know about our run, but I haven't heard back from anyone. Racegun said he may not be able to make it, he will let us know. Anyone else have any luck rounding up more MINI's? :roll:

PDX_Mini 10-10-2002 06:48 PM

Hey all,

May I suggest an email distribution list to notify all those wanting to be involved in any kind of MINI club here in P-Town? We could use it to organize events, runs, get-togethers, etc. This would be a good alternative to those not able to check the board as frequently as the rest of us obsessive/compulsives.

Davbret 10-11-2002 05:58 AM

I'm all for an email list. :razz:

R

Davbret 10-11-2002 06:04 AM

Oh ya, as far as attracting other MINI owners, I wonder if Rasmussen would allow some kind of flyer or something. Would be cool to get in the good graces of Rasmussen MINI as far as a club goes. I would think it would be advantageous to have them aligned with our PDX MINI club from the startup.

Speaking of which, what are we going to call ourselves? Hmmm....sounds like it's time for another thread! :lol:

R

littlebluecoop1 10-16-2002 08:09 PM

Count us [Michael and Sandra Boss]. Please e-mail me at nolan_creek_productions@hotmail.com as early as possible. We're not familar with the Portland area and need all the navigation help possible.

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

electric blue/white top and mirrors; mini-mags/run flats; aero kit.

Davbret 10-17-2002 06:55 AM

Ok, here's the current roster for the Bridge Run:

Davbret (Ryan) DS/B MCS
Kimini1 DS/W MCS
Goofygrape (Tom) riding with one of us
Littlebluecoop1 (Michael & Sandra) EB/W MCS

PDX_Mini will be in Japan :cool:

R

Louise 10-17-2002 12:11 PM

New here -- I am in Vancouver, WA and am interested in a Bridge Run etc........

Louise

Davbret 10-17-2002 12:15 PM

>>New here -- I am in Vancouver, WA and am interested in a Bridge Run etc........
>>
>>Louise

Hi Louise!!! We'd LOVE for you to come on the bridge run with us!!! Would you like me to give you directions to the meeting spot? What kind of cooper are you sporting? :cool:

R

Kimini1 10-17-2002 01:21 PM

Sounds great Ryan. Keep us posted, it'll be great meeting everyone! Welcome Louise..how's the leg doing? Will you be up to driving?