North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Pacific Northwest (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/pacific-northwest-25/)
-   -   UPDATE 10/21/02:Portland Bridge Run Oct 26th!! (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/pacific-northwest/2120-update-10-21-02-portland-bridge-run-oct-26th.html)

Davbret 10-17-2002 01:36 PM

I think it's funny that so far (aside from Louise's cooper...don't know the color yet) it looks like we're going to have a DS/W & a DS/B, and a EB/W & a EB/B. Ha!

R

8ball 10-17-2002 01:49 PM

>> it looks like we're going to have a DS/W & a DS/B, and a EB/W & a EB/B. Ha!
>>

Hate to spoil your pattern, but would you mind a CB Mc form Sea? - and which side of the bridge would you meet on?

Goofygrape 10-17-2002 02:17 PM

Welcome to the group Louise! Glad you're here.

I may have another potential all Black Cooper joining us.
Hope to be driving next time! :grin:

Davbret 10-17-2002 05:06 PM

:smile:

R

Goofygrape 10-18-2002 10:27 AM

I would love it if we ended our run for a late lunch early dinner kinda thingy any where from 1:00 to 4:00. But not to be a bore or curtail any of the festivities, I could make a 5:00 but would have to leave by 6:00 due to another obligation.

This is really sounding fun and exciting Ryan! Thank you for all your energy and time you are putting into this. I will call my friend again today and see about those radio's.

Davbret 10-18-2002 10:40 AM

>>I would love it if we ended our run for a late lunch early dinner kinda thingy any where from 1:00 to 4:00. But not to be a bore or curtail any of the festivities, I could make a 5:00 but would have to leave by 6:00 due to another obligation.
>>

Noted, Tom. I was thinking about a 3ish meet time myself, which would work in nicely with your time scenario. Will keep you posted. Thanks for the input.

>>This is really sounding fun and exciting Ryan! Thank you for all your energy and time you are putting into this. I will call my friend again today and see about those radio's.
>>

AWESOME! Yes, we really need those. Doesn't sound like anyone else has CB, or I'd suggest that route. Do they work on a standard frequency (ala CB), or is it specific to Motorola or something?

R

Goofygrape 10-18-2002 10:51 AM

Not exactly sure. I believe they are standard frequency.

8ball 10-18-2002 10:53 AM

>>AWESOME! Yes, we really need those. Doesn't sound like anyone else has CB, or I'd suggest that route. Do they work on a standard frequency (ala CB), or is it specific to Motorola or something?
>>

I think all the little handhelds click into one or two CB channels.

Looking forward to a nice daytrip! thanks for getting this together ... do you take tips?

Davbret 10-18-2002 01:31 PM

>>Looking forward to a nice daytrip! thanks for getting this together ... do you take tips?
>>

:cool:

R

2002 Darksilver/Black Cooper S

Davbret 10-21-2002 08:03 PM

:razz:

My phone number is 503-810-1404 for anyone who has questions or gets lost along the way. Let me know if you need more detailed instructions on getting to the meeting spot.

An RSVP on this thread would be GREAT!!!!!!!!! (hint) :lol:

R

Goofygrape 10-22-2002 08:54 AM

I'll be there! I think my wife and kids will follow me to Who-Song & Larry's where I'll drop my car off, then they will drive me to St. John's Bridge and I can get a ride with someone? Ryan? Anyone?

I look forward to it!

Tom
AKA
Goofyrape
Aka
Sir Grapefellow

Kimini1 10-22-2002 09:20 AM

Hi all...consider us there! We'll see you then, looking forward to it. Thanks Ryan for all your hard work in putting this together.
Kim :smile:

Davbret 10-22-2002 11:42 AM

Of course you can ride with me, Tom. :cool:

Kimini1, glad to hear you are coming. Any word from Racegun?

R

8ball 10-22-2002 11:49 AM

Hey! Nice official-looking "Bridge Run" graphic!
I hope you Van-Port Surffers don't mind that I mentioned this to another
Seattle-ite ... (don't know if they're coming or not, but I'll
be there).
Thanks again for all your efforts

Kimini1 10-22-2002 12:15 PM

Racegun still doesn't know if he can make it and I've let others know about the run but no confirmations. 8-ball..thanks for helping get the word out! See you there.
Kim

Davbret 10-22-2002 01:05 PM

See you there 8Ball...and anyone else you can bring. The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned. :cool:

R

2002 Darksilver/Black Cooper S

Goofygrape 10-22-2002 01:38 PM

Just heard back from a friend with a BW cooper. He's comming too!

Still no word on those radios...friends out of town should know tomorrow.

Tom

Davbret 10-22-2002 01:55 PM

Woohoo!

Let me know what you find out about the walky-talkies, Tom. Oh, and do you want me to pick you up anywhere? I'll be coming over 26, to 405 to 30. So if you'd like to meet somewhere and avoid your wife driving you all over the place I'd be happy to nab you.

R

Goofygrape 10-22-2002 02:04 PM

That's very nice of you, but I think The my wife and boy's were actually excited to see the MINI's
If their interest wanes I'll call you!

L8R
Tom

Louise 10-23-2002 11:31 AM

>>>>New here -- I am in Vancouver, WA and am interested in a Bridge Run etc........
>>>>
>>>>Louise
>>
>>Hi Louise!!! We'd LOVE for you to come on the bridge run with us!!! Would you like me to give you directions to the meeting spot? What kind of cooper are you sporting? :cool:
>>
>>R
Sorry I did not get back sooner -- (I keep forgetting to look back to this page)
Yes we are still interested - Yes we need directions to the starting spot --

I have a Pure Silver with Black Mini --- WA Lic # Coopah1

Louise

littlebluecoop1 10-23-2002 11:35 AM

As that great sage, Promitheus once said: " Go ye forth and let not the rabble and slow traffic dissuade you in your appointed rounds, shift into 2nd gear and MOTOR ON!!!! Or something close to that.

LBC1 :lol:

Davbret 10-23-2002 11:43 AM

Louise, you are in Vancouver, right?

Take I-5 South to I-405. This will take you over the Freemont Bridge (big white arch brige with two levels). Stay to the right as you go over the bridge. Take the Hwy 30 W to St. Helens exit. Continue to follow signs to St. Helens/Hwy 30 W. Once you come down off the bridge/I-405 you'll go thru a small underpass at which point you are on Hwy 30/St. Helens Rd. Continue North on this road until you are almost to the St. John's Bridge (only one you'll see other than a train tressel). The bridge looks like a Mini Golden Gate (same architect actually). As you approach the bridge you'll come to an traffic light intersection: St. Helens Rd & Front St. From St. Helens Rd you'd take a right onto Front St. It's very gritty/industrial. See the picture above for reference. We're meeting at 3pm on Saturday the 26th.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or if you need better instructions. Glad to hear you are coming. :grin:

R

Davbret 10-23-2002 11:52 AM

>>As that great sage, Promitheus once said: " Go ye forth and let not the rabble and slow traffic dissuade you in your appointed rounds, shift into 2nd gear and MOTOR ON!!!! Or something close to that.
>>
>>LBC1 :smile:

R

MiniB 10-23-2002 01:23 PM

Hi from Surrey, BC
Do any of you mind if I mention your event on the Vancouver New Mini Owners website? There is always a chance that one of us might be in the area on the right day and who would turn down an opportunity to drive around with a great bunch of cars?

MiniB

Kimini1 10-23-2002 01:35 PM

Please do MiniB..the more the merrier! Thanks...Kim