North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   NAM Alliance Membership Info and Support (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/nam-alliance-membership-info-and-support-278/)
-   -   Why is NAM Sooooo SLoooooooW ????????? (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/nam-alliance-membership-info-and-support/211866-why-is-nam-sooooo-slooooooow.html)

ronnie948 06-06-2011 07:00 AM

Why is NAM Sooooo SLoooooooW ?????????

This site was always very good but now it is so slow it is ridiculous. All I get is site waiting for a long time. It has even timed out before opening up. Read a post and it is way slow getting back to the forum. Post an answer and hope it don't time out before the answer is posted.

What gives???????

This is the slowest web site I am on and I do pay my dues.

Ronnie948:mad:

DneprDave 06-06-2011 09:09 AM

It depends on the traffic, if a lot of people are acessing NAM, it slows down.

Dave

russmini 06-06-2011 09:22 AM

I'm having no problem. I use Comcast

area51tazz 09-27-2011 09:17 AM

It's slower than I would expect...but looking at the page, it's pulling a LOT of records from the database for each page. Do we really need the Latest main topics on every page? and what info does it pull for the detail of each post?

(those would be questions I would ask as a developer)

Fly'n Brick 09-27-2011 09:32 AM

I don't buy any of these explainations. It loaded just fine a week ago and now it is slower than molasses. Something has changed and it's not the number of users or the number of entries. There's other things to do other than sit around and wait for this place to function.

daflake 09-27-2011 09:33 AM

It's amost like the queries are taking way to long to execute. Database issue perhaps?

DneprDave 09-27-2011 10:11 AM

I noticed a change after the Facebook and Twitter buttons were added, I started a new thread about it, they are looking into it.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...tons-load.html

Dave

Fly'n Brick 09-28-2011 10:07 AM

I logged out a couple of days ago and checked back in yesterday and today as a visitor. As a visitor I would not be impressed by how slowly the pages load. Hope your input will reap rewards, Dave.

ronnie948 09-28-2011 12:51 PM

I don't use facebook or twitter (They suck)

To use NAM I have to use my Firefox and RR to even get on without waiting for the HTTP. AOL is useless when trying to use NAM. It was OK until Probably:

I noticed a change after the Facebook and Twitter buttons were added, I started a new thread about it, they are looking into it.
NAM used to be fast and fun but it is sooooo slow now it is a pita.

I don't understand why these people running these things think everybody just love facebook and twitter. Facebook can't even keep their own stuff running without problems. I dumped them when 240 strangers wanted to be my friends. It took me two weeks to unload that crap off of my computer.

I have no problem with Alliance when using AOL so it sure ain't AOL slowing NAM down to a crawl.

I'm sure not very happy because I do pay for NAM.:mad:

ronnie948 09-28-2011 03:44 PM

this once was my favorite site.

Now it is sooooo slow it is ridiculous.

I don't buy any of these explainations. It loaded just fine a week ago and now it is slower than molasses. Something has changed and it's not the number of users or the number of entries. There's other things to do other than sit around and wait for this place to function.
This should be made a sticky so anyone having these slow problems can tune in. I'm sure that ain't gonna happen though.

It is just a tad slow on my firefox and I do have to sign in every time I use firefox plus my spell correcter don't work on firefox as well as some of the pictures.

I have been using AOL for years and this is the only site I have ever had this slow problem with. I have road runner lightning broadband so this site should be as fast as any other. It was fast before so what happened??????

Oh!! Stupid facebook or twitter or some stupid cell phone application. I'm about to give up waiting around for NAM to open or posting a thread or question.

If something is working perfect why the heck mess it up with crap that is not really needed ???:mad:

cristo 09-29-2011 05:57 AM

It is about 2-3x slower than most other forums I visit to load up a page.
Not a deal killer, but yes, an annoyance.

OKCdancer 09-29-2011 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by ronnie948 (Post 3368583)
Now it is sooooo slow it is ridiculous. ...

If something is working perfect why the heck mess it up with crap that is not really needed ???:mad:

Please UN-FIX IT!!!

DneprDave 10-03-2011 09:56 AM

All right, I found a fix!

I found that this site loads much faster with Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome as browsers.

With Internet Explorer, browsing NAM is slower than molasses in January!

If you download the Ad Block Plus extension and block the Facebook button, it goes even faster!

Dave

Insanelovewithismael 01-13-2013 10:45 AM

If you have a smart phone you can use the App. Its fast and I haven't had a problem :)

dannyhavok 01-13-2013 10:53 AM

I use Chrome and it's always quick to load pages. I suspect these are isolated issues related to internet speeds and browser issues.

bmwr606 01-13-2013 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by DneprDave (Post 3371489)
All right, I found a fix!

I found that this site loads much faster with Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome as browsers.

With Internet Explorer, browsing NAM is slower than molasses in January!

If you download the Ad Block Plus extension and block the Facebook button, it goes even faster!

Dave

+1 on all the above

i don't understand why internet explorer is so slow on nam, but it is

scott

RigStig 02-26-2013 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by Insanelovewithismael (Post 3658558)
If you have a smart phone you can use the App. Its fast and I haven't had a problem :)

How's the app been lately? All I've been getting on my iPhone is some popup about a Parse Error. Now it won't even load the main home screen for the app.....have to resort to the mobile skin using Safari

dpike 02-28-2013 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by RigStig (Post 3686819)
How's the app been lately? All I've been getting on my iPhone is some popup about a Parse Error. Now it won't even load the main home screen for the app.....have to resort to the mobile skin using Safari

the app is dead for me on my android phone "server sent back unknown response... outdated plug in.. bla bla bla"

it's been that was for about a month for me.

Insanelovewithismael 02-28-2013 11:47 AM

Mine is working fine. Maybe you guys updated the app?

RigStig 03-02-2013 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by Insanelovewithismael (Post 3688743)
Mine is working fine. Maybe you guys updated the app?

If only...the app hasn't been updated since last November...

THE ITCH 03-05-2013 06:40 AM

Plus 10000! It started getting super slow with me using AOL and then I switched to I.E. and it was much faster for a while. Now I.E. is as slow as AOL was. What is up with this? Can any of the moderators comment on what is happening?
Steve

cristo 03-05-2013 12:07 PM

I've stopped using AOL and IE for NAM and have to use Google Chrome to get anywhere on
this site (this is true with several different computers - at home, work, hospital).