JCW Garage Interested in John Cooper Works (JCW) parts for your 1st Generation MINI? This is where JCW upgrades and accessories for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

intake vacuum line

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 07:38 AM
cdumitru78
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
intake vacuum line

While inspecting the Airbox and the cables around it I mistakenly pulled the vacuum line off, but not from the intake, but from the opposite of it. I am referring to the line that sits at the front of the intake and goes down under the supercharger cover. What is the easiest way to get to that sucker, seems awfully tight in there.

Old 04-30-2017, 01:33 PM
isamin
4th Gear
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Little fingers.
ISAMIN

Old 04-30-2017, 02:55 PM
cdumitru78
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Haha, or larger busted fingers trying to get in there... either way, damn thing is done, what a pain in the neck...

PO might have been confused about the JCW intake, he had the flap stuck open but lines into the intake were still connected so I didn't quite know what was going on. I took it all apart, cleaned it, learned the he also had a Madness Mini filter, so learning about the car a bit. I read as much as I could on the forums, decided not to have the flap stuck open, kept it all OEM for now.