North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   JCW Garage (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/jcw-garage-231/)
-   -   JCW GP2 Aero Belly Pan / Diffuser real benefits? (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/jcw-garage/284643-gp2-aero-belly-pan-diffuser-real-benefits.html)

fjork_duf 03-04-2015 03:53 PM

GP2 Aero Belly Pan / Diffuser real benefits?

Hey guys,

Anyone know if the GP2 aero applied to a JCW Coupe will give the same benefits? I assume the rear diffuser and front aero cover do something. Do they reduce lift? Reduce drag? Both? How much?

In some other thread I can't find at the moment I saw proof the front JCW GP2 aero underneath the engine causes cooling to get better. But that's about it.

Thanks in advance.

Of course the diffuser looks cool, I already know that.

the matey 03-04-2015 04:48 PM

Its's pretty functional, not only dose it reduce lift but it also keeps the car more steady at high speeds. Last October I had them installed and drove to Cali, not only did I notice less wind noise but the car was rock solid at high speeds. If you search around youtube,I remember seeing a video of a GP in a wind tunnel with a smoke trail showing off the aerodynamics. With a coupe I'd imagine it would be more aerodynamic.

fjork_duf 03-04-2015 05:20 PM

Nice! now if only ECS tuning had a giant sale!

The coupe is actually pretty damn solid at high speeds as it is. I was surprised how planted it felt at laguna seca last friday.

dube53 03-04-2015 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by fjork_duf (Post 4052504)
Nice! now if only ECS tuning had a giant sale!

The coupe is actually pretty damn solid at high speeds as it is. I was surprised how planted it felt at laguna seca last friday.

You expect to race your car at high speed on a regular basis. Go for the diffuser because it will improve downforce and also reduce drag. Your future upgrades should be the full belly pan set-up.

As far as solid.......... you are perfectly right. The Coupe doesn't need to be braced to feel tight what seems to be so much a problem with the HT flexing body shell.

The Coupe is a far more enjoyable machine to drive. Just my opinion LOL.

WayMotorWorks 03-04-2015 07:10 PM

We had a customer that drove from SC to get the diffuser kit installed and he said on the way back he got just over a mile to the gallon better mileage. Which makes sense with the reduction in drag. Honda guys have been cutting holes in rear bumper for years to get the air out. So looking at the MINI they catch air in a similar way, so the diffuser letting it out isn't going to hurt.

fjork_duf 03-04-2015 07:44 PM

Very good feedback. Also I am not afraid to install those parts vs the LSD I am mentioning in the other thread haha.

ECSTuning 03-05-2015 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by the matey (Post 4052487)
Its's pretty functional, not only dose it reduce lift but it also keeps the car more steady at high speeds. Last October I had them installed and drove to Cali, not only did I notice less wind noise but the car was rock solid at high speeds. If you search around youtube,I remember seeing a video of a GP in a wind tunnel with a smoke trail showing off the aerodynamics. With a coupe I'd imagine it would be more aerodynamic.

Here the thread and talked about before and the testing from MINI R&D.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...se-in-mpg.html

Thanks

isamin 02-15-2016 03:12 PM

On my 2013 JCW hatchback I use a GP rear defuser, an M7 front spliter, an Orranje rear wing,and side splitters under the rocker panels. Car is lowered and has oversize tires. When I blast past an 18 wheeler @ 100+ mph the car is rock solid steady. No bow waves,no buffeting = just no fear. This stuff works well if you are a fast mover and it looks KOOL too.

ISAMIN

ECSTuning 02-17-2016 01:37 PM

Thanks for the review, on my belly pan , really keeps the dirt out and the sound down a bit from the engine underside from what i noticed.