North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Interior/Exterior (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/interior-exterior-33/)
-   -   Interior/Exterior Pretty In Pink!! (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/interior-exterior/81512-pretty-in-pink.html)

lilcoopr 10-12-2006 07:31 AM

Pretty In Pink!!

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...e5c369f019.jpg
So I've been wanting a black and pink MINI for that past 5 years... and finally at the end of August, I got my dream car!!

I was going to wait until I have the windows tinted and the brake calipers painted and then post the "full effect" of Stella_2.0, however I can't wait!!

I admit that when I told people about how my dream car was a MINI, but not only a MINI but a black and pink one, everyone was skeptical. Those same people now say that she looks fantastic, and I couldn't agree more!!

Future aesthetic mods that I'm thinking of include:

-painting the black grill slats to be pink (->would love some input on this...!)
-new wheels, of course! (I'm thinking chrome... I love chrome!)
-painting the brake calipers pink in the spring time when it's time to take the winter tires off
-something with the interior... haven't decided yet
-and some more chrome bits around the exterior such as the boot handle
-window tint!!

Not everyone can say they own their dream car without first going through a midlife crisis... What this means for me is that I have more years and time to spend with her :)

More pictures can be found here, by the way!

-also posted on MINI2-

Donna/Mike 10-12-2006 07:37 AM

Just beautiful - good for you!!:thumbsup: Nothing having your dream car..:nod: :nod:

Donna:cool: :grin: :cool:

krolyat 10-12-2006 07:39 AM

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y78.../girlpower.gif - Loving the pink accents. Great photo work as well.

ImagoX 10-12-2006 07:41 AM

For the grill and the interior, how about taking the grill slats and the oval door peices to a pro painter and having them done to match your stripes and/or roof? I think doing the entire interior may be TOO much pink, but if you want to go that far, that would certainly be eye-catching. I can't see your interior in your pics, but assuming that it's black, I can see it working with every plastic dash peice done in a lightly-sparkling pink like that...

Personally, I'd do boot stripes as well, but everyone here knows I'm the frikin' poster boy for them by now. :)

lilcoopr 10-12-2006 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by ImagoX (Post 1173251)
For the grill and the interior, how about taking the grill slats and the oval door peices to a pro painter and having them done to match your stripes and/or roof? I think doing the entire interior may be TOO much pink, but if you want to go that far, that would certainly be eye-catching. I can't see your interior in your pics, but assuming that it's black, I can see it working with every plastic dash peice done in a lightly-sparkling pink like that...

Personally, I'd do boot stripes as well, but everyone here knows I'm the frikin' poster boy for them by now. :)

My interior is panther black leatherette with anthracite trim and headliner. I also have the chrome package (of course, I love chrome!! I'm like that guy from Austin Powers, but chrome instead of gold :razz:!).

I was thinking boot stripes or at least something on the boot to give it some pink! With the boot stripes, I was debating what to do with the badge... any suggestions? I don't like the look of the stripe with an inch or so cut out in the middle...

Also, I was bouncing ideas off my decal installers yesterday and I am thinking of putting a pink, black and white union jack behind the license plate. In that oval that is kind of recessed. It would look almost like a starburst coming out from behind the plate... I'm not sure about this yet and we'll see! Any suggestions are welcome! :)

whskysouth 10-12-2006 08:11 AM

Awesome color scheme! Glad you have your dream car! Good luck to you and Lilcoopr.....

Whsky

Bahamabart 10-12-2006 08:15 AM

Car looks hot :nod:, you too :wink:. LOL

Rick-Anderson 10-12-2006 08:16 AM

Wow, the pink contrast with the black is absolutely beautiful!

gokartride 10-12-2006 08:17 AM

Wow.....you and batgirlwildcat need to get together for a good ol' pink/black-fest!! Very cool!!! :cool:

MLPearson79 10-12-2006 08:25 AM

That is gorgeous! Love it! I'd totally go for the boot stripes, they'd be perfect :)

acitydweller 10-12-2006 09:17 AM

good work on the car. Keep it up :)

ImagoX 10-12-2006 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by lilcoopr (Post 1173293)
I was thinking boot stripes or at least something on the boot to give it some pink! With the boot stripes, I was debating what to do with the badge... any suggestions? I don't like the look of the stripe with an inch or so cut out in the middle...

I hate that look personally.... luckily, if you order the boot stripes from a place like Aesthetic Creations, you get a replacement badge along with the stripes. Simply cut off the existing badge with a bit of dental floss or fishing line, wipe of any glue residue with WD40 then apply the stripes, rabadging as the final step.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ootstripe1.jpg

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...otstripe14.jpg

I have a How-to on this forum if you want a step-by-step manual - it's a dead simple install, actually. I did a full set of stripes (boot and bonnet) for a fellow NAM-er just last weekend. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

sagworks 10-12-2006 10:08 AM

She looks gorgeous. If I did not want the mod look for 4 years I would be going pink along with you.

PM when you are getting ready to do things - I would love to trade you my chrome grill slats to paint for your AB ones. I also have a chrome boot handle I would be willing to sell as part of the deal? I am going the opposite route and trying to remove every trace of color - just black and white.

ProfessorDave 10-12-2006 10:14 AM

Very sweet! You will certainly be getting some rubbernecking looks when you drive.

I agree with ImagoX on the boot stripes and rebadging. You might want to follow these instructions when lining up the new letters to prevent them from being out of level: http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...oot_stripe.jpg

ImagoX 10-12-2006 10:38 AM

Or use a level. I'm convinced that some of the OEM badges were put on crooked, and even using the old badge as a starting place (like I did) they can look off-kilter afterwards...

ProfessorDave 10-12-2006 11:25 AM

Just make sure the car is level too!

pbraun 10-12-2006 11:28 AM

Nice and unique! Outstanding job and future plans! :)

Big Daddy 10-12-2006 11:47 AM

LilCooper,

Sweet looking MINI. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I see you purchased at MINI Waterloo. That is where my Mo' was originally purchased!! (And where the side decals were done.) You should motor on down this way (Windsor/Detroit) and I will introduce you to the Future Queen of Nebraska and her award-winning Pink MINI, Jenna Jameson! Check her out in the Garage thread at www.michiganmini.org. Anyhoo, well done and welcome to NAM!

batgirlwildcat 10-12-2006 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by gokartride (Post 1173330)
Wow.....you and batgirlwildcat need to get together for a good ol' pink/black-fest!! Very cool!!! :cool:

:nod:

everytimeidie027 10-12-2006 11:50 AM

what a great car.. have you thought about roof graphics?

The Short Bus 10-12-2006 11:54 AM

SEXY!!!
i thought of BGWC too :)

agranger 10-12-2006 11:55 AM

Simply stunning!

If you have a dark dash (antracite), how about a pink horizontal pinstripe or maybe custom-order one of the JCW leather dash kits from newMINIstuff.com w/ hot pink stiching?

Fred911 10-12-2006 12:10 PM

Sweet!

ca$per 10-12-2006 12:15 PM

nice looking car you have there, enjoy you it and I'm glad your dream came true

everytimeidie027 10-12-2006 12:18 PM

oh i know, ummm how about instead of chrome interior, you paint them pink eh eh?:wink: