North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Interior/Exterior (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/interior-exterior-33/)
-   -   Interior/Exterior Pretty In Pink!! (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/interior-exterior/81512-pretty-in-pink.html)

Mrs. Skurvy 04-17-2007 12:01 PM

Looking' good. Sorry to hear that you won't be at the dragon, but VERY jealous about your trip to Europe. Have a great time and I say YES to the pink grill. You should talk to Way at Way Motor Works re: pink strut plates and pink plug wires if you don't already have them... ; )

Bahamabart 04-17-2007 12:16 PM

Summer is on the way - looking forward to the pics :wink: :grin: .

lilcoopr 04-24-2008 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mrs. Skurvy (Post 1480631)
Looking' good. Sorry to hear that you won't be at the dragon, but VERY jealous about your trip to Europe. Have a great time and I say YES to the pink grill. You should talk to Way at Way Motor Works re: pink strut plates and pink plug wires if you don't already have them... ; )

Originally Posted by Bahamabart (Post 1480662)
Summer is on the way - looking forward to the pics :wink: :grin: .

Thanks so much!!

For some reason, I am subscribed to this thread and I didn't get any notification of replies... So I only found your responses now.

Pics are verrry delayed at being uploaded onto Flickr. I took more than 3500 just at MINI United... And 20 videos. And well more than 5500 pictures total in a 2 month MINI Adventure. Is that a record? Probably. Makes my usually very fast computer quite slow when going through them, and it takes a couple hours to go through them all. Need to sort out the best ones and they will be posted ASAP, promise :)

I am debating again about doing the grille. It does look nice in that photoshop I did (posted at the bottom of the previous page). As well, a user here called "Blimey" (??) has the bottom mesh grille in a union jack pattern, was thinking of doing that but in pink/black/white to match? And then if I did that I would do the mirrors just all pink? Because the mirrors neeeeed to be redone. The vinyl wrap was done poorly to start with, so ideas on the mirrors would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!!! (I am spending too much time when I should be studying thinking about this!:eek:) hehehehehe

xnotfunkylex 04-25-2008 12:39 AM

The pink grill would definitely look great on your car. I would think about blacking out the chrome surround at the same time so the pink will pop a little more. Paint the mirrors. Or I bet Vinyl Styles could do them as well.

lilcoopr 04-25-2008 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by xnotfunkylex (Post 2188371)
The pink grill would definitely look great on your car. I would think about blacking out the chrome surround at the same time so the pink will pop a little more. Paint the mirrors. Or I bet Vinyl Styles could do them as well.

That's a great idea!! I never thought of blacking that out, but you're right, it would make the pink pop more!!

Actually, I am thinking of upgrading to the aerokit (as she has a lil booboo on the front passenger side bumper just beside the fog lights thanks to someone in a parking lot who can't park.... :sad::cry: and that happened quite a few months ago now, but I've been debating whether to go full on aerokit (worried about ground clearance, especially in the winter - how much lower is an aerokit than a stock Cooper S bumper?) or replacing it with the same bumper - which would be silly if I will eventually go for an aerokit.

The other thing stopping me from this, other than the ground clearance issue, is then I will have a mesh black grill, instead of one that can be painted pink like now. Any suggestions what to do in that case??? :confused::eek2:

xnotfunkylex 04-26-2008 01:06 PM

You could still run the same upper grill. I've never seen it done before, but I'm pretty sure they are the exact same size. You might have a few issues with the middle grill though. But if one can run an aero grill on an MCS bumper, then the other way should be doable as well. Best of both worlds kind of thing.:nod:

Mr. D 04-26-2008 03:22 PM

My 8 y.o daughter said your car "rocks"

xnotfunkylex 04-26-2008 04:46 PM

Found this
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co.../P10100491.JPG

xnotfunkylex 04-26-2008 04:47 PM

Now you just have to imagine pink and black instead of gray. I think it would look pretty cool without the chrome.