North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Interior/Exterior (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/interior-exterior-33/)
-   -   Interior/Exterior Which is the airbag sensor under seat? (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/interior-exterior/181713-which-is-the-airbag-sensor-under-seat.html)

scatpack 01-18-2010 08:39 AM

Which is the airbag sensor under seat?

I 'borrowed' this photo from another thread.. can someone tell me which connector is the Airbag sensor? My dash light wont go off and the dealer wont 'diagnose' it without me buying a new seat (yes. you read that correctly)

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ors-lo-res.jpg

Helix13mini 01-18-2010 08:49 AM

Yellow

Helix13mini 01-18-2010 08:51 AM

btw, what's the problem? Whatever it is, don't buy a seat. Helix can probably help you.

scatpack 01-18-2010 09:09 AM

The heavy metal band from Canada?

The problem is:

My dash airbag light went on (not the overhead light for pass weight). Also, my seat heater wouldnt turn off. And coincedentally, my DICE control unit stopped working as well. This all happened around the same time

Took to dealer.. he couldnt diagnose it. But for some reason.. the heater seat thing fixed itself. (while at dealer). Airbag light is still on, which is the bigger issue cause im due for inspection.

so.. what do you think?

blaubon 07-26-2019 08:46 AM

Passenger Airbag Problem

Originally Posted by Helix13mini (Post 2959980)
btw, what's the problem? Whatever it is, don't buy a seat. Helix can probably help you.

My 2007 Mini Cooper S R52 passenger airbag light both the dash and the overhead lights are on. Any suggestions as to what to do without involving the dealer?

mildensteve 07-26-2019 09:49 AM

Check the VIN to be sure the recall has been accomplished. The seat sensors were bad and the dealers replace them for free.

blaubon 07-26-2019 11:39 AM

Recall Finish in 2010

Originally Posted by mildensteve (Post 4484772)
Check the VIN to be sure the recall has been accomplished. The seat sensors were bad and the dealers replace them for free.

Yep, the recall was done. Can I disconnect the Yellow plug(under the passenger seat)to turn off the warning lights until I can fix the Problem?

mildensteve 07-26-2019 02:50 PM

No idea. I do know my car is in the shop for its second replacement of the pad... still under warranty.

A383Wing 07-26-2019 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by blaubon (Post 4484785)
Yep, the recall was done. Can I disconnect the Yellow plug(under the passenger seat)to turn off the warning lights until I can fix the Problem?

No.....if you unplug the yellow connector, and then turn the key on, you will set more codes than you already have in the car now......

Bryan

blaubon 07-26-2019 03:59 PM

No codes

Originally Posted by A383Wing (Post 4484815)
No.....if you unplug the yellow connector, and then turn the key on, you will set more codes than you already have in the car now......

Bryan

No codes just the dash and overhead lights are on. Is there a way to reset those, ie disconnect the battery?

A383Wing 07-26-2019 04:05 PM

if the lights are on, you have codes stored in there....you cannot get rid of them by disconnecting the battery......you must fix the issue, and then either find someone with a proper scanner to erase the codes, or go to the dealer.....

another option is to remove the bulbs, but if you get into an accident, insurance company may frown upon that and not honor the insurance policy.....but you didn't hear removing the bulbs from me

Bryan

blaubon 07-26-2019 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by A383Wing (Post 4484825)
if the lights are on, you have codes stored in there....you cannot get rid of them by disconnecting the battery......you must fix the issue, and then either find someone with a proper scanner to erase the codes, or go to the dealer.....

another option is to remove the bulbs, but if you get into an accident, insurance company may frown upon that and not honor the insurance policy.....but you didn't hear removing the bulbs from me

Bryan

Don't think I'll be removing light bulbs anytime soon. I'll take it to a shop that has done most of my Mini Cooper work, non recalls or warranty work. Just had an AC compressor, condenser and a few other parts replaced by them. Reasonably priced, compared to the dealer which is 2 1/2 hours away.

Blue R50 12-17-2019 09:41 AM

For reference, by law all airbag wiring is yellow and all high voltage wiring (hybrid or electric car) is orange. Yellow sheathed and connected wires can be a PITA, Orange can be deadly to screw with.