North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   General MINI Talk (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/general-mini-talk-197/)
-   -   Foxwell NT510 (Schwaben) Scanner (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/general-mini-talk/327649-foxwell-nt510-schwaben-scanner.html)

stamp11127 05-23-2018 12:44 PM

Foxwell NT510 (Schwaben) Scanner

If anyone has this scanner and an Aisian automatic transmission, are you able to monitor the shift solenoids and tcc lockup solenoid?

The literature says it is capable I just want to make sure before purchasing one. The proof is in the pudding so to speak.

TheBigChill 05-24-2018 05:09 AM

I would ask ECS directly, or contact Foxwell. I don't think you'll find many people here who have both an Automatic and the NT510.

I wish that thing would code our cars like it did my BMW; getting away from NCS Expert would be nice.

gumbedamit 05-24-2018 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by TheBigChill (Post 4393074)
I would ask ECS directly, or contact Foxwell. I don't think you'll find many people here who have both an Automatic and the NT510.

I wish that thing would code our cars like it did my BMW; getting away from NCS Expert would be nice.

+1

Make sure you let them know what year car/make you have. It works differently on a R56 vs R53.

stamp11127 05-24-2018 03:39 PM

Thanks to all who have left replies.

I've inquired with Foxwell concerning their new NT520 Pro scanner and trans solenoids. Lets see what they say.

BTRMayfair 08-24-2018 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by stamp11127 (Post 4393285)
Thanks to all who have left replies.

I've inquired with Foxwell concerning their new NT520 Pro scanner and trans solenoids. Lets see what they say.

any update? I just ordered nt510 .... and have same trnasmissions in both R52 and daughters R56.

stamp11127 08-25-2018 05:01 PM

Sadly nothing from them.

MrGrumpy 08-25-2018 11:32 PM

I have the Schwaben scan tool and an automatic transmission in my R60. I have never checked that, but in the morning tomorrow I’ll go outside and see if I can get an answer for you.
+1 on the coding, it would be great if that was an option with it. It does do a lot of things.... I just haven’t really gone into it very deeply. I’ve really, so far, only really used it for reading codes, battery registration, and monitoring data while driving. Even just using it for that, it has more than paid for itself a couple times over now.

hamptup 12-06-2018 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by MrGrumpy (Post 4416394)
I have the Schwaben scan tool and an automatic transmission in my R60. I have never checked that, but in the morning tomorrow I’ll go outside and see if I can get an answer for you.
+1 on the coding, it would be great if that was an option with it. It does do a lot of things.... I just haven’t really gone into it very deeply. I’ve really, so far, only really used it for reading codes, battery registration, and monitoring data while driving. Even just using it for that, it has more than paid for itself a couple times over now.

I just purchased the Schwaben scan tool. Evidently there's 2 models I recently change to a AGM battery and would be able to register the battery. I've yet to locate registration of battery with NT510 model. Mr Grump which model do you have?

Minnie.the.Moocher 12-06-2018 02:16 PM

If you change battery types, such as non AGM to AGM you need to code which is different than registering. I don't think the Schwaben/Foxwell does the coding, only registering. Could be wrong, have not received mine yet.

Ive's Mini 12-06-2018 07:58 PM

I have had the Foxwell 510 for quite some time. You can definitely see the performance variables for the transmission. You can see the solenoids, temperatures, commands, etc. You can also clear adaptives for trans too.

MrGrumpy 12-06-2018 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by hamptup (Post 4436020)
I just purchased the Schwaben scan tool. Evidently there's 2 models I recently change to a AGM battery and would be able to register the battery. I've yet to locate registration of battery with NT510 model. Mr Grump which model do you have?

Sorry for the delay in replying. I have the 510 as well.

MrGrumpy 12-06-2018 08:35 PM

Ok, so I just went outside and froze my butt off, lol.
Here’s how to register the battery.
plug it in, lol, and turn on your ignition switch without starting the car. Go into the BMW menu and use the auto function to read the vin. Then select “MINI”, Then scroll down to “maintenance” then click “chassis”. Under that menu, battery is #2 click that, and register battery is right there, the first option on that screen. Then just do what it says.
I hope this is what you needed, if not go ahead and pm me if you need to and I’ll try to help.

Another thing I just noticed that I did not think this tool was able to do, but I stumbled across a setting that says “Reset DME Adaptations” I didn’t know I could do this so easily. Interesting! I learn new things about it every time I use it. I also saw menus to adjust idle speed, reset some kilometer setting, and several other things I need to dig into a bit more!

MrGrumpy 12-06-2018 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by BTRMayfair (Post 4416021)
any update? I just ordered nt510 .... and have same trnasmissions in both R52 and daughters R56.

While I was out playing with mine a few minutes ago, I’m pretty sure I remember seeing in one of the maintenance menus....probably the one for the transmission, lol. I’m pretty sure you can actuate the individual solenoids to test them, and I think it will clear the transmission adaptations too.

MrGrumpy 12-06-2018 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by stamp11127 (Post 4392900)
If anyone has this scanner and an Aisian automatic transmission, are you able to monitor the shift solenoids and tcc lockup solenoid?

The literature says it is capable I just want to make sure before purchasing one. The proof is in the pudding so to speak.

I just saw those menus in mine tonight, I’m pretty confident in saying yes it will

hamptup 12-06-2018 10:02 PM

Thank you Mr G, At some point I skipped a sequence or two like saving the vin 1st early on in the procedure. Thanks for sitting in the cold to verify... Not to rub it in but tonights low in SoCal will be in the fridged low 50's. I was able to register the battery.

MrGrumpy 12-06-2018 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by hamptup (Post 4436088)
Thank you Mr G, At some point I skipped a sequence or two like saving the vin 1st early on in the procedure. Thanks for sitting in the cold to verify... Not to rub it in but tonights low in SoCal will be in the fridged low 50's. I was able to register the battery.

No problem, glad to help.
Thats downright balmy! Lol. Up here near Seattle it’s a brisk 28 degrees right now