F60 :: Countryman Talk (2016-2023) F60 Countryman discussion

F60 F60 Waiters Club

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 08:49 AM
darex
5th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by SPF ZERO
In case anyone else is traveling on the Don Quijote, I thought I'd share this photo - screenshot from the Panama Canal Gatun Locks Webcam yesterday. I got lucky checking location of the ship in the morning and saw it was about to enter the canal... so I sat online and watched the feed for an hour!

Very cool, SPF Zero!

Old 11-13-2017, 08:38 PM
minidreamz
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wahoo. This one got her forever home today.

Old 11-13-2017, 08:56 PM
booyun
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by minidreamz

WOW! That looks really really good! Kinda jealous....

The following users liked this post:
minidreamz (11-14-2017)
Old 11-14-2017, 07:17 AM
TheOriginalKonky
3rd Gear
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
If my previous MINI wasn't black, I would have got mine in black. Looks great washed & waxed, but gets filthy 5 minutes on the road.

Looks great!

minidreamz (11-14-2017)
Old 11-14-2017, 07:18 AM
minidreamz
1st Gear
Originally Posted by booyun
WOW! That looks really really good! Kinda jealous....
That's how I feel every single time some posts a pic. Oh....I should have done that. Or that. I love that. We must all have excellent taste!!!

I'm a little in love. I decked her out. More pics later.

Old 11-14-2017, 09:01 AM
booyun
2nd Gear
That's how I feel every single time some posts a pic. Oh....I should have done that. Or that. I love that. We must all have excellent taste!!!

I'm a little in love. I decked her out. More pics later.
Yes, exactly!!! The wait has been a big roller coaster ride for me. One day, I'm feeling great about my choice (after seeing someone else's Moonwalk Grey) and the next I'm feeling regret with my choice after seeing a different color. I even saw a clubman JCW the other day and thought I should have gotten a CLUBMAN!!

I just hope I will really like it when I get it... Only time will tell.

Old 11-14-2017, 09:07 AM
I'mMelting
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
BEAUTIFUL!! That is one awesome looking Countryman! Congrats!

Old 11-14-2017, 09:09 AM
TheOriginalKonky
3rd Gear
One day, I'm feeling great about my choice (after seeing someone else's Moonwalk Grey) and the next I'm feeling regret with my choice after seeing a different color.
hahaha

Old 11-14-2017, 01:08 PM
Snurfer
2nd Gear
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Are there any others out there still waiting for production to begin on their F60? I feel like I'm the only one left! If my production gets delayed again next Monday I'm not sure what I'll do. This is a painful wait haha.

There is a similarly built F60 SE 800 miles away at another dealer and I'm tempted to hop on a flight to go pick it up at this point.

Old 11-14-2017, 01:16 PM
Jwanck11
3rd Gear
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Beautiful car!! Congrats!

Old 11-14-2017, 06:53 PM
minidreamz
1st Gear
Yes, exactly!!! The wait has been a big roller coaster ride for me. One day, I'm feeling great about my choice (after seeing someone else's Moonwalk Grey) and the next I'm feeling regret with my choice after seeing a different color. I even saw a clubman JCW the other day and thought I should have gotten a CLUBMAN!!

I just hope I will really like it when I get it... Only time will tell.
Hang in there. You'll LOVE what you picked. I generally dislike black cars and I adore it. I did wonder several times if I had LOST my mind. Nope. It's perfectly me.

Jwanck11 (11-14-2017)
Old 11-15-2017, 04:09 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Just gorgeous! Congratulations

minidreamz (11-15-2017)
Old 11-28-2017, 07:41 AM
Snurfer
2nd Gear
How long did everyone wait from the point that Bimmer.Work gave a production date to when their ride jumped on a boat?

Old 11-28-2017, 09:25 AM
MLC-Mobile
2nd Gear
How long is the wait? Eternal.

In reply to the question about how long people waited between production and getting on a boat: three weeks. I'm waiting on a Countryman SE and it finished production on 11/8/17 according to bimmer.work and just got manifested to a ship today, scheduled to depart Zeebrugge tomorrow. I hope it actually goes, I have heard stories about cars that were put on export hold and other additional delays.

Mine has been on order since July 28th. I've not gotten that great of updates from my Motoring Advisor - it's all been driven by my questions. The MA I had when I ordered my first Mini in 2004 was much more proactive.

Hopefully she will hit Baltimore on 12/10 and then who knows from there. I am not going to pick her up until after the first of the year anyway, since our state has personal property tax and you are taxed on what you own on 1/1. Since it's so late in the year I'm going to save the couple hundred bucks and use it on accessories!

Old 11-28-2017, 10:19 AM
Snurfer
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MLC-Mobile
In reply to the question about how long people waited between production and getting on a boat: three weeks. I'm waiting on a Countryman SE and it finished production on 11/8/17 according to bimmer.work and just got manifested to a ship today, scheduled to depart Zeebrugge tomorrow. I hope it actually goes, I have heard stories about cars that were put on export hold and other additional delays.

Mine has been on order since July 28th. I've not gotten that great of updates from my Motoring Advisor - it's all been driven by my questions. The MA I had when I ordered my first Mini in 2004 was much more proactive.

Hopefully she will hit Baltimore on 12/10 and then who knows from there. I am not going to pick her up until after the first of the year anyway, since our state has personal property tax and you are taxed on what you own on 1/1. Since it's so late in the year I'm going to save the couple hundred bucks and use it on accessories!

Thanks for the update. We ordered our SE's around the same time. I've been on the shipping company's website and comparing VINS that are on the schedule for shipment now to when they were finished. Chances are, I checked out your build haha. I guess I just need to block it outta my mind for the next month.

You have a great point about property taxes...as my city personal property taxes are outrageous. I will need to see how that works out. Are you worried about the $4K tax credit being removed in the potential tax overhaul? Sounds like the House removed it and the Senate version might keep it. That's what I'm mostly worried about.

Old 11-28-2017, 10:27 AM
TheOriginalKonky
3rd Gear
Just a heads up, even when it hits US soil at the ports. It takes about 5-7 days to get to your dealer (Maybe more if you're in the Mid-west not near a port), then the dealership keeps it for a day or two to detail it (and install any aftermarket MINIUSA parts). Good luck!

Old 11-28-2017, 10:48 AM
Snurfer
2nd Gear
Yeah, my only hope for getting it this year is if I make one of the 8 vessels scheduled for shipment before 12/10, with deliveries around to port around the 18th. The Holidays will probably put a damper on vehicle deliveries as well.

Old 11-28-2017, 12:19 PM
tizeye
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MLC-Mobile

While the Mini Advisor did tell me which ship it was on, you may be able to track it online. Mine was on a K-Line ship (all ship names end in "Highway") which just shows schedule/position of ship. If you get really lucky will be on a Wallenius Wilhelmsen ship and you can track shipment by your VIN# on their web site, https://www.2wglobal.com/ , as it is loaded on the ship. (Hint: Use wildcard and partial VIN and will see others others on the production run loaded and hopefully yours will be in the group.) Either way, most shipping companies will show the anticipated port date on their web site, but mine did shift a couple of days. You will lose them mid Atlantic as it is land based positioned that is free. Perhaps picked up again around Bermuda or the Azores if close enough.

Old 11-28-2017, 12:29 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Snurfer
Yeah, my only hope for getting it this year is if I make one of the 8 vessels scheduled for shipment before 12/10, with deliveries around to port around the 18th. The Holidays will probably put a damper on vehicle deliveries as well.
My timeline was:

Production Complete: 8/25/17
Arrived at Zeeburgee Terminal: 8/30/17
Loaded on Vessel: 9/2/17
Arrived NY/NJ Port: 9/15/17 (delayed a few days because of hurricanes)
Arrived at dealers: 9/23/17
Took possession: 9/25/27

I thought I would have possession sooner but it was at the VDC for a week. Estimated date of delivery on Owner's Lounge was 9/19! So there can be unexpected delays throughout the process.

You may just luck out since there were 46 ahead of your VIN# for production. Maybe they were pushing to get caught up for December production startup which will be the last of the 2018 slotted for this year's allotment.

Old 11-28-2017, 09:29 PM
MLC-Mobile
2nd Gear
Hopefully on the boat

Originally Posted by tizeye
While the Mini Advisor did tell me which ship it was on, you may be able to track it online. Mine was on a K-Line ship (all ship names end in "Highway") which just shows schedule/position of ship. If you get really lucky will be on a Wallenius Wilhelmsen ship and you can track shipment by your VIN# on their web site, https://www.2wglobal.com/ , as it is loaded on the ship. (Hint: Use wildcard and partial VIN and will see others others on the production run loaded and hopefully yours will be in the group.) Either way, most shipping companies will show the anticipated port date on their web site, but mine did shift a couple of days. You will lose them mid Atlantic as it is land based positioned that is free. Perhaps picked up again around Bermuda or the Azores if close enough.
Yeah, I have been stalking the WW website for the last two weeks to see when it would show up, and it was manifested this morning in Zeebrugge for a departure date of tomorrow. The ship is at the dock and I just watched the refueling tanker come alongside. Much better tracking and info than 13 years ago! Hopefully it is loaded without a hitch and I can watch the ship leave before I have to head to work.

Old 12-01-2017, 07:28 PM
TomJohnson
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New Countryman SE order

Placed an order for an Island Blue Countryman SE on November 24th. Dealer said I'd have it in 6-8 weeks. Given the posts in this thread this would seem very unlikely. Just wondering if anyone has gotten theirs within that time? Seems like it is at least four weeks from the time the MINI is finished before arriving at the dealer.

Old 12-02-2017, 05:10 AM
jtcooper
1st Gear
Originally Posted by TomJohnson
Placed an order for an Island Blue Countryman SE on November 24th. Dealer said I'd have it in 6-8 weeks. Given the posts in this thread this would seem very unlikely. Just wondering if anyone has gotten theirs within that time? Seems like it is at least four weeks from the time the MINI is finished before arriving at the dealer.
Congrats! We just got ours and love it. IIRC:
  • We ordered on 9/21.
  • The car completed production and the status changed to “Awaiting Transport” by 11/6.
  • “En route” on 11/15.
  • “At the distribution center” on 11/21.
  • At my dealer on 11/24

Total time was about 10 weeks (their original estimate for us was 12 weeks). Hope this helps.

Old 12-02-2017, 05:56 PM
TomJohnson
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Helps, glad I placed the order when I did. Was going to wait until late this year to decide, but after seeing the SE in person and driving it, I was sold. Going to be a long 6-12 weeks I guess.

Old 12-04-2017, 09:03 PM
MLC-Mobile
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by TomJohnson
Helps, glad I placed the order when I did. Was going to wait until late this year to decide, but after seeing the SE in person and driving it, I was sold. Going to be a long 6-12 weeks I guess.
I think there are a lot of variables, including your dealer's allocation, how many other orders there are coming in at the same time as yours, and more. I ordered my SE on 7/28 and it didn't start production until 10/25. It seemed to languish in "assembly finish/quality check" status for a couple of days longer than expected at the end, and then it was a total of three weeks between when production completed and when it was loaded onto a ship.

It's been on the ship for 6 days and today my Motoring Advisor notified me that it was in transit (but I had already been tracking since it was manifested to TOMBARRA on the 28th). Given the time it usually takes to go through the VDC and then be transported, it will be every bit of five months since I ordered it before I will likely see it.

They did tell me it would be December or January when I bought it, so I'm not too surprised (but the wait is killing me). Good thing I still have my other MINI to keep me company!

Old 12-04-2017, 09:30 PM
booyun
2nd Gear
Mine gets in next week!!!

It will be almost 8 weeks from placing the order to pickup.