F60 :: Countryman Talk (2016-2023) F60 Countryman discussion

F60 F60 Waiters Club

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 12:29 PM
darex
5th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by TheOriginalKonky
Just arrived at the dealer! Photo from my MA.

Get to pick it up Saturday morning!
I very nearly did mine Moonwalk Grey, too. Looks great!

The following users liked this post:
TheOriginalKonky (09-26-2017)
Old 09-26-2017, 01:11 PM
(SM)
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TheOriginalKonky
Haha that's funny, cause my wife said the same thing when we were building it. I'm confident with the anthracite headliner it will look good.

Believe me, I'll post pics for you when i get it!

The combo of the anthracite headliner and British oak leather looks so sleek.
When I ordered mine, I combed through all the listings available online until I found ones with the two together. After I saw it, I knew I had made the right choice.

The following users liked this post:
TheOriginalKonky (09-26-2017)
Old 09-27-2017, 05:57 AM
miniBuzzChill
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Placed an order on 9/9. Got the VIN a couple days ago. Production is complete and ready to be shipped.

Old 09-27-2017, 07:35 AM
(SM)
1st Gear
Originally Posted by miniBuzzChill
Placed an order on 9/9. Got the VIN a couple days ago. Production is complete and ready to be shipped.
Congrats! Keep us posted as you follow along. What are the details of your MINI: color, level, features, etc? Love hearing how everyone builds their vehicle.

Old 09-27-2017, 07:09 PM
miniBuzzChill
1st Gear
Originally Posted by (SM)
Congrats! Keep us posted as you follow along. What are the details of your MINI: color, level, features, etc? Love hearing how everyone builds their vehicle.
Back story:
Owned a 2004 MINI Cooper. Got married in 2008. Had to trade-in the MINI in 2009 because #1 - Wife couldn't drive a manual transmission very well. And #2 - Needed an SUV (Compact size).
But in 2011, MINI released the first generation Countryman. Oh well.

Fast forward to 2017...
My wife and I went to the Chicago Auto Show in February to look at SUVs --- including the redesigned Countryman. We weren't sure about the larger size though. Few months later, our current SUV started having problems and was costing us to fix. We scheduled a test drive of the 2017 MINI Countryman. Wow. It took me back to when I first drove a MINI Cooper. Only this one is a "little" larger.

“Just when I thought I was out…they pull me back in.”

Order was placed on 9/9. Got the VIN the other day. Looked up the status on my computer instead of my iPhone because "Track my MINI" uses Flash.

Our build:
2018 S Countryman ALL4
8-Speed Steptronic Automatic
Body Color: Light White
Exterior Trim: Black
Rear Spoiler
18" Pin Spoke Black Wheels
Fully Loaded
Anthracite Headliner
MINI ours Interior Style Piano Black

Old 09-28-2017, 05:33 AM
miniBuzzChill
1st Gear
Wrote a long story (twice) how we ended up ordering the Countryman, but it's not being posted.

Anyway...
Our build:
2018 S Countryman ALL4
8-Speed Steptronic Automatic
Body Color: Light White
Exterior Trim: Black
Rear Spoiler
18" Pin Spoke Black Wheels
Fully Loaded
Anthracite Headliner
MINI ours Interior Style Piano Black

Old 09-28-2017, 10:24 AM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
My JCW is almost to my port in Baltimore! It's due in late today or early tomorrow.

I learned something about shipping in my area that I never new existed. I got on the marinetraffic.com web site and I was tracking my ship, the Morning Courier. I noticed it had finally made it across the Atlantic but it was further north than I expected. Up around Philadelphia. I believe the ship was steered north to avoid the worst of Marie. Anyhow the expected date/time of arrival had not changed much. I was thinking the ship would have to travel down the East Coast to the end of the Delmarva peninsula. Then travel up the Chesapeake Bay to Baltimore, a fairly long trek. I used the website to show the projected future route. That is when I got totally confused. The ship was projected going up the Delaware river toward Philadelphia then cutting due west straight across the upper part of the Delmarva peninsula. From there it was an easy run to Baltimore.

So what the hell was going on? Did they put wheels on the ship and drive it across land to the Chesapeake? I then discovered that there is something called the Chesapeake & Delaware Canal. It is a 14 mile long canal connecting the Chesapeake bay with the Delaware River. According to Wikipedia it has been there since the 1800's growing increasingly larger as traffic increased. It now carries 40% of Baltimore's shipping traffic.

What is also interesting, the canal is about 10m deep and the draught of the ship is 9.1m, leaving very little room between the ship bottom and the canal floor. Hope there are no manatees submerged in the canal!

Well all of this was news to me and I've lived in this area for over 40 years. I thought it was interesting.

Old 09-28-2017, 10:39 AM
TheOriginalKonky
3rd Gear
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
I noticed the same thing when tracking mine thru Baltimore, but living in Pittsburgh, I never really would have known differently. Pretty cool though.

Old 09-28-2017, 06:50 PM
Jwanck11
3rd Gear
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by kwolfman
My JCW is almost to my port in Baltimore! It's due in late today or early tomorrow.

I learned something about shipping in my area that I never new existed. I got on the marinetraffic.com web site and I was tracking my ship, the Morning Courier. I noticed it had finally made it across the Atlantic but it was further north than I expected. Up around Philadelphia. I believe the ship was steered north to avoid the worst of Marie. Anyhow the expected date/time of arrival had not changed much. I was thinking the ship would have to travel down the East Coast to the end of the Delmarva peninsula. Then travel up the Chesapeake Bay to Baltimore, a fairly long trek. I used the website to show the projected future route. That is when I got totally confused. The ship was projected going up the Delaware river toward Philadelphia then cutting due west straight across the upper part of the Delmarva peninsula. From there it was an easy run to Baltimore.

So what the hell was going on? Did they put wheels on the ship and drive it across land to the Chesapeake? I then discovered that there is something called the Chesapeake & Delaware Canal. It is a 14 mile long canal connecting the Chesapeake bay with the Delaware River. According to Wikipedia it has been there since the 1800's growing increasingly larger as traffic increased. It now carries 40% of Baltimore's shipping traffic.

What is also interesting, the canal is about 10m deep and the draught of the ship is 9.1m, leaving very little room between the ship bottom and the canal floor. Hope there are no manatees submerged in the canal!

Well all of this was news to me and I've lived in this area for over 40 years. I thought it was interesting.
I used to have a summer place on the Elk river at the one end of the C&D canal. We boated up the canal to a tie up restaurant called the Chesapeake House - best clams I've ever tasted!

When those ships come through they pull the water to the center of the river (and if boats aren't moored well enough, they get pulled too! ) There are some massive boats that travel through that stretch!

Old 09-28-2017, 09:14 PM
darex
5th Gear
It probably goes through the Chesapeake & Delaware canal, by Chesapeake City, Maryland.

Oh. I hadn't read far enough before answering. LOL

I know the area well.

Old 09-29-2017, 04:42 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
@Kwolfman

Yea! You've docked!!! Can't wait for you take delivery and see photos:-)

Old 09-29-2017, 06:06 AM
Jwanck11
3rd Gear
WoooHooo! I got the word that my JCW is awaiting transport.

Old 09-29-2017, 09:17 AM
MrFunk
4th Gear
Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts
I ordered and waited 3 months for my S4. That was a long long wait.
We lucked out that they had a CMS JCW on their lot that we liked and could take home same day.

Old 09-29-2017, 11:13 AM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by MrFunk
We lucked out that they had a CMS JCW on their lot that we liked and could take home same day.
I am at almost 3 months. That would be next Thursday. Like Islandbluemini said, my ship docked in Baltimore this morning. I'm hoping the car is at the dealership in the middle next week.

Yes, Islandbluemini, I will take pictures.

Old 09-29-2017, 11:28 AM
I'mMelting
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MrFunk
Good move and congratulations!

Do you know the problem with instant gratification? It takes too long!!

I will be 3 months since ordering on Wednesday. My melting will arrive in Port Hueneme tomorrow, then I figure a couple of weeks for prep and the trip to Denver.

Old 09-29-2017, 11:28 AM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I am at almost 3 months. That would be next Thursday. Like Islandbluemini said, my ship docked in Baltimore this morning. I'm hoping the car is at the dealership in the middle next week.

The vessel loading my car arrived on Friday afternoon in Baltimore and US Custom was off during the weekend until the following Monday. It was cleared and loaded on the truck Wednesday morning and was delivered to the dealership in Gaithersburg MD on Thursday noon

Last edited by pyuhlu; 09-29-2017 at 11:33 AM.
Old 09-29-2017, 12:24 PM
BDI
2nd Gear
Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by BDI
Any way you can help me out? My CS4 finished production on 7/3 and now not one person has any idea where it is.

Any advise is appreciated!!
After 3 months, we are finally picking up our F60!!! Woot!!!

Old 09-29-2017, 12:37 PM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by BDI

Congratulations

Old 09-29-2017, 01:05 PM
Jwanck11
3rd Gear
Congrats!!

Old 09-29-2017, 03:05 PM
(SM)
1st Gear
Mine is at the dealer! Going pick it up tomorrow!!

Old 09-29-2017, 04:51 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Mine is at the dealer! Going pick it up tomorrow!!
Congratulations!

Old 09-29-2017, 04:54 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by BDI
Congratualtions! I was wondering if you ever got your's tracked down. You must be so excited Enjoy!

Old 09-29-2017, 08:50 PM
minidreamz
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah!! Sounds like more photos are coming to the page soon.

Old 09-30-2017, 06:09 AM
darex
5th Gear

It'll be at the dealership by Monday, if it follows my timeline, pick-up Tues or Wed.

Old 09-30-2017, 08:03 AM
MrFunk
4th Gear
Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts
For those getting their cars this weekend HAVE FUN! I remember when my S4 car came in on a Sat I was not able to get to the dealership in time and had to wait till Monday! The next day (Sunday) I drove to the dealership on my scooter and took pics of the car through the window! hahaha (dealerships are closed here on Sundays)
(Sorry for the non Mini content but same emotions!)