F60 :: Countryman Talk (2016-2023) F60 Countryman discussion

F60 F60 Waiters Club

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 02:57 PM
jkwireless
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Active Driving Assistant is worthwhile (my opinion)

Greetings - I have a 2017 JCW hardtop and ordered all of the bells and whistles including ADA, and am glad that I got it. I live in Southern California, and the place where this feature is worth its weight is on the freeway where slowing traffic and any momentary lack of or diversion of attention can be rescued by the ADA stepping in. I set the cruise control for 75 (or whatever the top speed limit is), and let the car decide the space between myself and the car in front of me and it adjusts the speed accordingly. I find that I usually set the spacing distance to the minimum (there are 4 choices and the default is the furthest away), however it leaves SO much space, that other drivers will choose to merge in front of you because it looks like a big enough gap for the taking. The minimum setting is still quite a bit behind the car ahead.

Anyway, after initially getting used to something other than myself stepping on my brakes, I began to appreciate it as a guardian backup to my driving. I'm normally at full attention, but traffic can change in a moment and I am glad to have the feature.

I have a 2018 JCW Countryman on order (original order shows to be a Week 33 build), so hoping that it doesn't face too much delay as I would rather wait to get the ADA than let my build proceed without it. My status is still "On Order" and we are in week 32, but has been in their system for about 2 months now.

Old 08-07-2017, 03:30 PM
I'mMelting
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I was just checking the owners lounge and viewed "Review Order Details" and Factory Ordered Options." The options look right, convenience, fully loaded, etc., until I get to "PHEV Premium Package." Does anybody know what this means? To me, that means "plug in hybrid electric vehicle." Why would I have this option if I didn't order the hybrid? Pretty curious. Thanks for any info...

Old 08-07-2017, 04:54 PM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by I'mMelting
I was just checking the owners lounge and viewed "Review Order Details" and Factory Ordered Options." The options look right, convenience, fully loaded, etc., until I get to "PHEV Premium Package." Does anybody know what this means? To me, that means "plug in hybrid electric vehicle." Why would I have this option if I didn't order the hybrid? Pretty curious. Thanks for any info...
I check my order daily and the Factory Ordered Opions list changes between "PHEV Premium Package" and just plain "Premium Package". I have a JCW on order not an SE. The PHEV doesn't make any sense for me either. I wouldn't worry about it. I actually ordered "Fully Loaded", which is always listed and is correct.

The following users liked this post:
I'mMelting (08-07-2017)
Old 08-07-2017, 04:58 PM
I'mMelting
2nd Gear
Thanks for the response. Yes fully loaded, ADA, all other options show. I won't worry about it.

Old 08-09-2017, 06:30 AM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by jkwireless
I have a 2018 JCW Countryman on order (original order shows to be a Week 33 build), so hoping that it doesn't face too much delay as I would rather wait to get the ADA than let my build proceed without it. My status is still "On Order" and we are in week 32, but has been in their system for about 2 months now.
I ordered my 2018 JCW Countryman on July 5 and it has been in the "On Order" status ever since. A couple of weeks ago my MA told me that all of the JCW Countryman have been pushed back to the beginning of September. That is consistent with the person I spoke with on ASK MINI who says mine is scheduled for week 36, the week of September 4. There was no specific reason given, but I think the factory wants to do the JCWs as a batch run. Maybe there are some assembly line tweaks that need to be done for the JCWs, so they may want to do them all at once. You may want to call ASK MINI or your MA to see if your build date has been pushed back to September. By the way, I have ADA also on my order.

Old 08-09-2017, 06:34 AM
I'mMelting
2nd Gear
Thanks Kwolfman! I call ASK MINI at least a couple of times a week. They tell my build- ordered July 6th, will be completed 8/14. This means it should be in production now. I will keep checking and hope the date dosesn't slip.

Old 08-09-2017, 06:39 AM
F56-JCDub
5th Gear
Received 135 Likes on 98 Posts
Took possession of my '18 JCW Countryman on Monday. Loving it! I haven't tried the ADA yet, but glad it's there.

Old 08-12-2017, 10:04 AM
iceknyght
2nd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Ours came in yesterday! Won't get to bring it home till Monday, but went down to see it in person (to make sure the order came in right)! I already have my phone paired for the Carplay (so far, with the minimal time I got to play with it, it is pretty awesome)! :D

Old 08-12-2017, 10:19 AM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by iceknyght
Ours came in yesterday! Won't get to bring it home till Monday, but went down to see it in person (to make sure the order came in right)! I already have my phone paired for the Carplay (so far, with the minimal time I got to play with it, it is pretty awesome)! :D

Great looking

Manual shift?

Last edited by pyuhlu; 08-12-2017 at 12:54 PM.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:04 AM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts
[QUOTE=iceknyght;4321893]Ours came in yesterday! Won't get to bring it home till Monday, but went down to see it in person (to make sure the order came in right)! I already have my phone paired for the Carplay (so far, with the minimal time I got to play with it, it is pretty awesome)! :D

Congratulations.

This will be a long weekend.

Old 08-12-2017, 11:47 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
[QUOTE=iceknyght;4321893]Ours came in yesterday! Won't get to bring it home till Monday, but went down to see it in person (to make sure the order came in right)! I already have my phone paired for the Carplay (so far, with the minimal time I got to play with it, it is pretty awesome)! :D

Congratulations! I'm so jealous!!! Hope I can manage the long wait. Ordered same color and top as you:-) Enjoy and hope the weekend flies by quickly for you.

Old 08-12-2017, 01:03 PM
iceknyght
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by pyuhlu
Great looking

Manual shift?
Thanks! And yep, it's a manual! Is there any other way?

Originally Posted by MIminiclubman
Congratulations.

This will be a long weekend.
Thanks! Yeah, luckily, I have been working on getting my trade it ready...

Originally Posted by Islandbluemini
Congratulations! I'm so jealous!!! Hope I can manage the long wait. Ordered same color and top as you:-) Enjoy and hope the weekend flies by quickly for you.
Thanks! I hope so as well! And I love this color combo in person!

Old 08-12-2017, 01:23 PM
Snurfer
2nd Gear
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Congrats IceKnight! Looks amazing!

Could someone who already has their F60 do me a big favor and measure the distance between the crossbars? Specifically the outside to outside dimensions. I scaled an overhead photo in photoshop and I'm getting 45".

I am working on selecting the perfect rack set-up while I whittle away my wait. So far I have selected the Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform measuring 47" x 58". I just need to find the best base rack system and I'm currently looking at Inno and Rhino Rack.

Old 08-12-2017, 01:40 PM
darex
5th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Awesome! Yours is configured very much like mine, including MT. Good to see the July-build changes in the flesh. Mine arrives next month.

Old 08-12-2017, 03:37 PM
iceknyght
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Snurfer
Congrats IceKnight! Looks amazing!
Thanks!! :D

Originally Posted by darex
Awesome! Yours is configured very much like mine, including MT. Good to see the July-build changes in the flesh. Mine arrives next month.
Anymore, the only way to get MT's is to order them (they don't carry many on the lots!)... Quick things of note on the 18 models, they moved the Sport/Green selector to a button (no longer around the shifter) and the HUD display is no longer a button on the center stack, it's a selection in the settings...

Old 08-12-2017, 03:47 PM
darex
5th Gear
Thanks!! :DAnymore, the only way to get MT's is to order them (they don't carry many on the lots!)... Quick things of note on the 18 models, they moved the Sport/Green selector to a button (no longer around the shifter) and the HUD display is no longer a button on the center stack, it's a selection in the settings...
Recent discovery: I knew that some things were saved in the fob, but not the extent! Say you like celsius, 24hr time and HUD "up," but your partner hates the HUD, prefers Fahrenheit, and has different mirror settings. The FOB knows and remembers! So cool!

Old 08-12-2017, 03:52 PM
darex
5th Gear
I love that blue, but my 2005 MC was very nearly that same config: Hyperblue Metallic w/black roof. Didn't want the same (of course, HARDLY the same car!). 2014 F56 is Moonwalk Grey w/black roof and wheels. Still love the look, 3+ years later. Very nearly ordered Countryman just like that, too, but trying a new vibe:
Melting Silver, matching roof & mirror caps, and silver wheels. Still very undecided on Melting Silver. Slightly regretting it, but too late now. Color was THE hardest decision of all the options. LOL

I guess Melting Silver is hard to hate, but not sure I like how golden it appears under sunlight. Seems a misnomer. I guess it's supposed to be a titanium sort of silver, or "gunmetal."

Old 08-12-2017, 03:53 PM
Donreith
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Donreith
Thanks for the pic! I live a few miles from Port Hueneme so I'll try to get a pic in person next Sat when he arrives

Originally Posted by Montgoau
Hey Donreith. Our boat is going through the first lock in the panama canal right now. You will need to use a desktop browser since it requires flash to view it.

If you can check out out here:
Panama WebCam

If you missed it here's a photo of it going through.

I tried to get a picture at Port Hueneme but the rent a cop at the gate wasn’t as enthusiastic about picture taking as I was. The Port being shared with a naval base may have something to do with that.

Old 08-12-2017, 03:55 PM
darex
5th Gear
Thanks!! :DAnymore, the only way to get MT's is to order them (they don't carry many on the lots!)... Quick things of note on the 18 models, they moved the Sport/Green selector to a button (no longer around the shifter) and the HUD display is no longer a button on the center stack, it's a selection in the settings...
I never liked that Sport-Mid-Green switch there anyway. It always seemed cheap to me. I'm actually glad it's gone.

Old 08-12-2017, 04:00 PM
iceknyght
2nd Gear
Recent discovery: I knew that some things were saved in the fob, but not the extent! Say you like celsius, 24hr time and HUD "up," but your partner hates the HUD, prefers Fahrenheit, and has different mirror settings. The FOB knows and remembers! So cool!
Nice! Although, the only thing I *wish* the fob remembered was my "Sport" selection! I hate having to press the button every time I drive the car!!

I love that blue, but my 2005 MC was very nearly that same config: Hyperblue Metallic w/black roof. Didn't want the same (of course, HARDLY the same car!). 2014 F56 is Moonwalk Grey w/black roof and wheels. Still love the look, 3+ years later. Very nearly ordered Countryman just like that, too, but trying a new vibe:
Melting Silver, matching roof & mirror caps, and silver wheels. Still very undecided on Melting Silver. Slightly regretting it, but too late now. Color was THE hardest decision of all the options. LOL

I guess Melting Silver is hard to hate, but not sure I like how golden it appears under sunlight. Seems a misnomer. I guess it's supposed to be a titanium sort of silver, or "gunmetal."
I loved the Melting Silver in person! I originally was leaning towards the grey, until I saw it in person... It quickly went to 3rd on my list (it ended up having to choose between the blue and silver and we really wanted a "color" this time, so the blue won)... But yeah, the silver looked much better in the sun! And the tones changed, depending on lighting, which was pretty cool!

Old 08-12-2017, 04:05 PM
iceknyght
2nd Gear
I never liked that Sport-Mid-Green switch there anyway. It always seemed cheap to me. I'm actually glad it's gone.
I only liked it there because now it's on the passenger side of the center stack... And since I press it *every time I drive*, it's going to get annoying! LOL!

Old 08-12-2017, 04:10 PM
darex
5th Gear
Nothing is as chameleon as Moonwalk Grey! It looks different every day, and never photographs the way it looks. It's a really fascinating color, and very high-tech IMHO. As silly as it sounds, the fact that it's the "free" color, which it wasn't with the F56, turned me off, because I thought I would see too many of them around. Silly, I know.

Old 08-12-2017, 04:11 PM
darex
5th Gear
I only liked it there because now it's on the passenger side of the center stack... And since I press it *every time I drive*, it's going to get annoying! LOL!
It's probably less prone to breaking now though. LOL

Old 08-12-2017, 04:14 PM
iceknyght
2nd Gear
Nothing is as chameleon as Moonwalk Grey! It looks different every day, and never photographs the way it looks. It's a really fascinating color, and very high-tech IMHO. As silly as it sounds, the fact that it's the "free" color, which it wasn't with the F56, turned me off, because I thought I would see too many of them around. Silly, I know.
LOL! It's possible... That didn't turn me off, since our other two cars are black and white (tons of each of those), but I just liked the Silver and Blue better... But that grey was still nice, especially for the "free" color!

It's probably less prone to breaking now though. LOL
True. Still don't like it...

Old 08-13-2017, 06:25 AM
I'mMelting
2nd Gear

Now don't go hating Melting Silver! You are gonna love it. Have you seen one in person?

My Melting is scheduled to be completed tomorrow. Then the wait for the slow boat from Brussels!