F60 :: Countryman Talk (2016-2023) F60 Countryman discussion

F60 F60 Waiters Club

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 07:30 AM
Nikolas
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kwolfman
I'm exactly the same way. I drive my Mazda RX8 on Mondays and Fridays when the DC traffic is sometimes reasonable. It has a stick so all that stop/go traffic is tiresome. It only has 35000 mi after 14 years. I currently use my Clubman on all other days (to be replaced by the Countryman.) It only has 23000 after 5 years. Both look showroom new.
​​​​​​

Nice! Love the RX 8! I have a 1991 Carrera C4 with 73000.....not bad for 26 years.

Old 07-20-2017, 01:45 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
July 5, so only a little over 2 weeks ago. According to ASK MINI it is "Scheduled for Production" but with no confirmed date.
Same here....7/6 for me but I'm awaiting an allocation slot so you'll be getting your production date so much sooner:-)

Old 07-27-2017, 12:17 PM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Old 07-28-2017, 12:14 PM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
It's been pretty quiet here lately. We seemed to have a flurry of activity with people waiting for June and July deliveries but I haven't seen anyone waiting for August. I wonder why? Is the Born Netherlands site still having their annual two week summer shutdown? Early August or Late August?

I ordered on July 5 but my current build week is 36, as in the first week of September, exactly 2 months after I ordered. After the build I'm sure it will be another month at least before it shows up at my dealer near DC. This two month delay until my JCW Countryman is built is just frustratingly long.

Old 07-28-2017, 12:55 PM
Snurfer
2nd Gear
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
It's been pretty quiet here lately. We seemed to have a flurry of activity with people waiting for June and July deliveries but I haven't seen anyone waiting for August. I wonder why? Is the Born Netherlands site still having their annual two week summer shutdown? Early August or Late August?

I ordered on July 5 but my current build week is 36, as in the first week of September, exactly 2 months after I ordered. After the build I'm sure it will be another month at least before it shows up at my dealer near DC. This two month delay until my JCW Countryman is built is just frustratingly long.
I'm in the same boat as you....Week 36 build for my SE. My dealership is saying they were closing for July for two weeks, but I think it's probably August, as it seems there have been shipments all this month! (july)

Only good thing about the wait is that it gives me more time to reconfigure my build for the third time lol. I'm not a fan of my selection of Grey w/ Brown Leather after visiting the dealership yesterday. The tones were to close together.

Old 07-28-2017, 02:34 PM
iceknyght
2nd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
My '18 will be here in a few weeks! Ordered the first week of June (as soon as the banks opened) and it's currently on a boat and just went through the Panama canal and is heading up the west coast! :D I was initially expecting it to be here early September, but now it's looking like the second week of August, so yay!

Old 07-28-2017, 03:47 PM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
My SE is still sitting at the port and already missed 3 vessels to Baltimore. Many CMs with few SEs were loaded on two vessels to NYC or Halifax and I hope mine will be on next one (8/1). The dealership and Mini Customer Relation have no idea about the ship delay

Based on VIN and tracking, many SEs may just sit at the port like mine for next available vessels

Last edited by pyuhlu; 07-28-2017 at 04:07 PM.
Old 07-28-2017, 05:50 PM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Snurfer
Only good thing about the wait is that it gives me more time to reconfigure my build for the third time lol. I'm not a fan of my selection of Grey w/ Brown Leather after visiting the dealership yesterday. The tones were to close together.
I just did my second change earlier this week so I'm right there with you.

Please take these next sentences as just a suggestion or opinon. You say you are not sure about the Moonwalk Grey/Chesterfield Brown combination. I'd just like to add that last week I was at my dealership specifically to look at color combinations. It was a beautiful sunny day. Both my wife an I were looking at the Melting Silver color and we both remarked that it had a bit of a brownish/bronze tint to it (very lightly). I was thinking that that might look very nice with the Chesterfied Brown leather. Just food for thought.
One thing that might help, the MINI dealership had samples of interior fabrics and paint colors. They let me take a few outside so I could hold them up to car colors and in natural light. You might want to try that.

Old 07-29-2017, 06:38 AM
darex
5th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I ordered July 18th, and already have an estimated build complete date of 8/22. I expect it'll arrive at the dealership by Labor Day.

Still pissed off that I had to strike Active Driving Assist from my order. Had I not done so, they were predicting a minimum 6 month delay!! Very curious to hear if anyone who ordered after I did got told the same thing. FWIW: CM S All4

Old 07-29-2017, 07:59 AM
Snurfer
2nd Gear
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I just did my second change earlier this week so I'm right there with you.

Please take these next sentences as just a suggestion or opinon. You say you are not sure about the Moonwalk Grey/Chesterfield Brown combination. I'd just like to add that last week I was at my dealership specifically to look at color combinations. It was a beautiful sunny day. Both my wife an I were looking at the Melting Silver color and we both remarked that it had a bit of a brownish/bronze tint to it (very lightly). I was thinking that that might look very nice with the Chesterfied Brown leather. Just food for thought.
One thing that might help, the MINI dealership had samples of interior fabrics and paint colors. They let me take a few outside so I could hold them up to car colors and in natural light. You might want to try that.

Thank you for the suggestion. I had not really considered that combination, so I will check it out in person with the samples! Currently leaning towards white w/ black roof and wheels with the brown leather.

Old 07-29-2017, 09:35 AM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by darex
I ordered July 18th, and already have an estimated build complete date of 8/22. I expect it'll arrive at the dealership by Labor Day.

Still pissed off that I had to strike Active Driving Assist from my order. Had I not done so, they were predicting a minimum 6 month delay!! Very curious to hear if anyone who ordered after I did got told the same thing. FWIW: CM S All4
I have Active Driving Assist on my build list, although I ordered about two weeks before you. I have asked both my sales rep and the ASK MINI rep explicitly about any delays with ADA and both claim no. I understand that most of my delay is due to my ordering a JCW Countryman. They apparently build very few of those and therefore have very few build slots available. My sales rep said he was told that all JCWs were pushed to the beginning of September. As usual, all of the reps waffle saying the actual build can be sooner or later. The week 36 I was given is just a placeholder.
One would think that if ADA was the real reason for the delay that someone would have told me. As we proceed through August I expect my build date to firm up. If not, I'll have to evaluate alternatives ideas.
I hope the timing on you CM works out for you. However, I think Labor Day might be a bit optimistic. There are a lot of move-and-wait segments between the factory in Born Netherlands and your dealership.

Old 07-29-2017, 10:41 AM
darex
5th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
I'm in Philly, and dealership is in NJ. [I doubt it's smaller than yours in DC.] We get them QUITE quickly off of the ship. I've built two before, and they came faster than expected. We'll see. I'm not too concerned about when, +/- a few weeks.

MINI USA themselves told me that my dealership's information is more timely and specific than theirs. Why would my dealership "lie" about my ability to order ADA? My dealership claims that the supplier of the ADA component has gone kaputt, and they need to find a new supplier before orders for ADA can resume. They estimate up to 6 months before orders including ADA can resume. That's why I begrudgingly instructed them to strike it from my order. They literally tried to force it through on the computer, in placing the order, and it kept getting rejected, so they made a whole bunch of phone calls and finally found out why.

Old 07-29-2017, 10:59 AM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
My dealer got a 2nd SE with fully loaded (total 3 including mine) w / sport options few days ago and they said many people are interested in it. It is a June build model and doesn't include Apple CarPlay and revised features. I just wonder if most SE buyers will buy ones with fully loaded

Old 07-29-2017, 11:28 AM
BDI
2nd Gear
Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
So my status has been "Completed" since 7/3. I called AskMini every week since then and they said the only info they have is that it is completed. Does it take this long to get released to the carrier?? The wait is killing me. :(

Old 07-29-2017, 03:10 PM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by BDI
So my status has been "Completed" since 7/3. I called AskMini every week since then and they said the only info they have is that it is completed. Does it take this long to get released to the carrier?? The wait is killing me. :(

Let us hope for the 8/1 vessel. What a huge delay

Old 07-29-2017, 03:31 PM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by pyuhlu
My dealer got a 2nd SE with fully loaded (total 3 including mine) w / sport options few days ago and they said many people are interested in it. It is a June build model and doesn't include Apple CarPlay and revised features. I just wonder if most SE buyers will buy ones with fully loaded
How many did your dealer get in total for MY18? Mine only received 2 for MY18 so the next one they get will be a MY19 in about a year. Only way they will get more is if the US allocation is increased above the 418 total. Someone drove up from one of the big cities to the south of us and bought the base SE they built each dealer on the day it arrived. So with mine they are done for the year. Math would say even the biggest dealers will not get more than 4 or 5.

Old 07-29-2017, 06:10 PM
garynl
Neutral
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine came off the line on July 3rd also. The ship it is on just docked in Baltimore. You might want to enter your VIN into the WW shipping site in the far right box and then click track.

The following users liked this post:
BDI (07-31-2017)
Old 07-29-2017, 08:16 PM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MIminiclubman
How many did your dealer get in total for MY18? Mine only received 2 for MY18 so the next one they get will be a MY19 in about a year. Only way they will get more is if the US allocation is increased above the 418 total. Someone drove up from one of the big cities to the south of us and bought the base SE they built each dealer on the day it arrived. So with mine they are done for the year. Math would say even the biggest dealers will not get more than 4 or 5.
3 so far for MY18 including one basic and one fully loaded ordered by the dealer. They told me that they may have two more slots for MY18 after 2 was sold

Old 07-31-2017, 06:30 AM
CLNickel
Neutral
Well, my wait is coming to an end......finally. My car was ordered on March 18. She is now at the Distribution Center in Galveston, Texas. Looks like I should be able to pick her up at the dealership the week of August 14. My options included the following: 2017 Countryman S; Midnight Black Metallic; Active Driving Assistant; Convenience Package; Cold Weather Package w/Space Saver Spare; Premium Package; Technology Package; Automatic; Fully Loaded; JCW Exterior; and, JCW Interior. Praying that there have been no oversights during the build and all options are as they should be. My wait will have been a total of 5 months.

Old 07-31-2017, 07:28 AM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Congratulations. It looks like the long waiting is due to Active Driving Assist

Old 07-31-2017, 07:46 AM
CLNickel
Neutral
Would someone be kind enough to provide me with the interior dimensions of windshield?

Old 07-31-2017, 11:36 AM
BDI
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by garynl
Mine came off the line on July 3rd also. The ship it is on just docked in Baltimore. You might want to enter your VIN into the WW shipping site in the far right box and then click track.

Do you have a link to the WW site?

Old 07-31-2017, 12:36 PM
garynl
Neutral
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Try this
https://www.2wglobal.com
Then go to Track and Trace

Old 07-31-2017, 12:38 PM
BDI
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by garynl
Try this
https://www.2wglobal.com
Then go to Track and Trace
Tried it. Nothing comes up when I put my VIN in.

Old 07-31-2017, 10:59 PM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Based on the WWL site, All CMs loaded on the vessel will depart for PORT HUENEME, CA on 8/1. I hope mine is on the one departing for Port of Baltimore on 8/2

Updated: Finally my SE will be loaded on Vessel Tamerlane and released at Port of Baltimore on 8/16

Last edited by pyuhlu; 08-07-2017 at 05:56 PM.