F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Which package/accessory do you regret not getting?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 08:30 AM
shraz
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which package/accessory do you regret not getting?

What's the ONE thing you wished you would have added to your built order?

For me, the $250 storage package and I didn't even purchase the premium package

Old 05-31-2014, 09:04 AM
torpeau
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by shraz
What's the ONE thing you wished you would have added to your built order?

For me, the $250 storage package and I didn't even purchase the premium package
Very surprised to discover that the standard Sport Seats weren't ventilated. The ones w/ the cloth would have been better. Assumed all upscale seats were ventilated nowadays -- never assume

Those silver Cosmos 17" wheels are really handsome, probably wouldn't have been too much firmer riding or much more susceptible to road damage than the 16s on my MCS..

Otherwise, very pleased w/ car w/o LEDs, or climate control or H/K. Have DDC, nav, HUD, sat radio, paddle-shifters, etc.

Last edited by torpeau; 05-31-2014 at 09:28 AM.
Old 05-31-2014, 09:09 AM
QBear
3rd Gear
Sat radio, although I believe this will shortly be available for dealer retrofit to the HK sound system.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:12 AM
SeppTB
4th Gear
Originally Posted by QBear
Sat radio, although I believe this will shortly be available for dealer retrofit to the HK sound system.
Not even just to the HK sound system, I think all cars. My VIN says it has Sat Radio Prep installed, and I didn't get the HK.

So far no regrets, but I don't have it! Maybe once I get it I'll wish I had Comfort Access, but most likely I'll wish I got cottonwood dash I think...

Old 05-31-2014, 09:25 AM
GregoryK
6th Gear
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Halo headlights. Don't get why everyone loves the LED's.

Old 05-31-2014, 03:28 PM
champ198
3rd Gear
the "one" thing would be:

Storage package (for the flat load floor and to get back stuff that used to be standard on a MINI)

Old 05-31-2014, 04:03 PM
Goes
1st Gear
The connected package.

Old 05-31-2014, 04:31 PM
NJpark
1st Gear
I would say it is the Cold Weather package -$600.
I could do without the Rear view cam + PDC -$1000 but would have liked to add it too.

Old 05-31-2014, 04:40 PM
AJW
2nd Gear
LED lights...but I guess I can do them later?

Old 05-31-2014, 05:17 PM
soon2b
2nd Gear
I really wish I had the auto-dimming rear view mirror with compass and garage door opener. Didn't realize how much I relied on that compass in my trucks when I was out running roads for the discovery of new places and a need to get home when the going got lost. Now I have this wonderful & fun car to drive in the mountains & just stay lost until I find civilization. Yeah, and carrying my dinosaur of a hand held garage door opener /rattle-trap just sucks.

Old 05-31-2014, 07:40 PM
whaap
5th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by soon2b
Yeah, and carrying my dinosaur of a hand held garage door opener /rattle-trap just sucks.
My garage door opener and gate opener both mounted nicely toward the rear of the small overhead console. I attached them with Velcro.

If I had ordered my Justa I would have specified leather that I'm a sucker for but it's not a biggie.

Old 06-01-2014, 03:10 AM
sacandagadano
2nd Gear
Satelite radio,At time of order i did not realize HK radio does not have cd slot.I know its all mp3 ,flash drives etc. now ,I am old school and technicaly challenged but I'll learn!!I have one yearly subscription now , with docking kits in 3 cars, once you have it hard to go without.Hope my dealer can enable it when car arrives.Has anyone had this done?

Old 06-01-2014, 04:59 AM
soon2b
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by whaap
My garage door opener and gate opener both mounted nicely toward the rear of the small overhead console. I attached them with Velcro..
Whaap, I'm not sure what you mean by "small overhead console" - do you have any photos of where you mounted the openers? Mine is truly big/clunky. I tried mounting it with Velcro to the side sun shade. Now it's stuffed into the door panel slot between microfiber towels.

Update: Thank you whaap. I broke down to day and bought a new remote for the garage door: $30 compared to the $600 for rearview mirror setup. All I need now is a digital compass and to find my Velcro tape. Just in case anyone wonders what I was calling a dinosaur...

Last edited by soon2b; 06-01-2014 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Update to add
Old 06-01-2014, 05:13 AM
whaap
5th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by soon2b
Whaap, I'm not sure what you mean by "small overhead console" - do you have any photos of where you mounted the openers? Mine is truly big/clunky. I tried mounting it with Velcro to the side sun shade. Now it's stuffed into the door panel slot between microfiber towels.
I don't have any photos but overhead, close to the windshield is a small housing that holds the switches for overhead lights, etc. Behind (back from the windshield) is where I used Velcro to mount the garage opener (appx. 4"x2"x1/2") and I had room further back (to the rear) to mount a small 1"x1" gate opener with Velcro. Looks o.k. and very convenient.

Old 06-02-2014, 12:55 PM
Nuke-em
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by champ198
the "one" thing would be:

Storage package (for the flat load floor and to get back stuff that used to be standard on a MINI)
Agreed. I originally thought the storage pack only included the little cargo nets and dividers. I didn't think that a bloody load floor would be optional.
That said, you can buy the load floor from Sewell. However, cars fitted with the storage pack have different side trunk trims which accommodate the mount/pivot. I think I'm going to buy just the floor panel and rest it on top.

-Matt

Old 06-02-2014, 04:46 PM
shraz
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Nuke-em
Agreed. I originally thought the storage pack only included the little cargo nets and dividers. I didn't think that a bloody load floor would be optional.
That said, you can buy the load floor from Sewell. However, cars fitted with the storage pack have different side trunk trims which accommodate the mount/pivot. I think I'm going to buy just the floor panel and rest it on top.

-Matt
Let me know how that works out

Old 06-03-2014, 08:29 AM
papawhiskey
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Nuke-em
That said, you can buy the load floor from Sewell[/URL].
-Matt
Matt,

What section did you find that stuff in? I've looked thru the fiche there on Sewell and can't seem to find it. I just want that floor piece myself.

Thanks,
Paul_F

Old 06-03-2014, 08:56 AM
Nuke-em
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by papawhiskey
Matt,

What section did you find that stuff in? I've looked thru the fiche there on Sewell and can't seem to find it. I just want that floor piece myself.

Thanks,
Paul_F
Paul,

It's under Vehicle Replacement Parts > Vehicle Trim > Trunk Trim Panel. They don't list a price on there and I haven't made an inquiry because I haven't taken delivery of the car yet. Please post if you decide to purchase.

-Matt

Old 06-03-2014, 10:00 AM
mkskchun85
2nd Gear
I should have gotten the alarm system. I do miss the audio beep/honk of the horn when locking the car. I have the comfort system, but in bright/loud places i'm not sure if i locked the car. I think it has happened about 3 to 4 times now...

Old 06-03-2014, 11:20 AM
lsmith42
2nd Gear
Mine came straight off the lot... very basic and exactly what I wanted... my only regret is not having the sport seats... the handling in this car really needs the bigger side bolsters...

Old 06-03-2014, 11:58 AM
emilyanny4u
2nd Gear
I wish I had comfort access. (Female here) I have to dig through my purse to lock my car everytime I get to work which is a pain in the you know what.

Old 06-03-2014, 12:30 PM
CobraBob
5th Gear
Originally Posted by lsmith42
Mine came straight off the lot... very basic and exactly what I wanted... my only regret is not having the sport seats... the handling in this car really needs the bigger side bolsters...
You must have bought a Justa. Sport seats are standard on the 'S'. And I love them! Best seats by far of any car I've owned.

I have pretty much everything on my MINI-S, but one option I sort of wish I had gotten was Dynamic Ride Control.

Old 06-03-2014, 01:57 PM
hammerhands
5th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by emilyanny4u
I wish I had comfort access. (Female here) I have to dig through my purse to lock my car everytime I get to work which is a pain in the you know what.
I've never had a car that didn't have a key.

Now, there's no place to put your fob, where do you put your key?

A purse can have a special pocket.

I need a key to unlock my house, so it will be in my pocket.

Old 06-03-2014, 02:17 PM
emilyanny4u
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by hammerhands
I've never had a car that didn't have a key.

Now, there's no place to put your fob, where do you put your key?

A purse can have a special pocket.

I need a key to unlock my house, so it will be in my pocket.

I do not carry house keys on me. Got to love garage access. I agree I do have a pocket I put it in but I would rather not have to get it out all the time. I am mostly lazy as you can tell.

Old 06-03-2014, 02:46 PM
aafflyer
5th Gear
This thread has cost me $500.

My order was entered yesterday into the system. And today, "had" to add storage package for $250 and comfort access for $250.

Can we just close this thread now?

Quick Reply: F55/F56 Which package/accessory do you regret not getting?