North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/f55-f56-hatch-talk-2014-428/)
-   -   F55/F56 3rd Generation Mini JCW (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/f55-f56-hatch-talk-2014/266626-3rd-generation-mini-jcw.html)

bmw_328ci 03-08-2014 12:10 AM

3rd Generation Mini JCW

Hi

I am interested in getting either mini S or 3rd generation JCW.I am currently own lancer evolution and it is killing me ,it hardly gives me 10-15 mpg in the city. I need a car the gives me the same or near the performance with a good mpg and I think the JCW will be a great car for me. Any news when it will be available?

CobraBob 03-08-2014 03:08 AM

I believe it is at least a year away. Maybe someone else can chime in with more accurate info. You can, of course, buy a 2014 MINI S Hardtop (mine is due to arrive in early April) and apply the regular performance upgrades (stock HP is 189) from aftermarket tuners like Evolve. :)

Grizld700 03-08-2014 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by CobraBob (Post 3892631)
I believe it is at least a year away. Maybe someone else can chime in with more accurate info. You can, of course, buy a 2014 MINI S Hardtop (mine is due to arrive in early April) and apply the regular performance upgrades (stock HP is 189) from aftermarket tuners like Evolve. :)

Of course it may be another year (or more) before really good performance upgrades actually show up. :sad:

v10climber 03-08-2014 01:47 PM

I've got a 2008 STI and a 2010 JCW hardtop. You're going to miss the power...

Sent from my Nexus 10 using NAMotoring

NewCooperFanatic 03-08-2014 07:55 PM

I'm gonna guess it'll have the same numbers as the N20 in the 328i. It's the same engine.

kyoo 03-08-2014 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by bmw_328ci (Post 3892613)
Hi

I am interested in getting either mini S or 3rd generation JCW.I am currently own lancer evolution and it is killing me ,it hardly gives me 10-15 mpg in the city. I need a car the gives me the same or near the performance with a good mpg and I think the JCW will be a great car for me. Any news when it will be available?

what evo does 10-15mpg in the city? i don't think my 9's ever done worse than 18

bmw_328ci 03-08-2014 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by kyoo (Post 3893014)
what evo does 10-15mpg in the city? i don't think my 9's ever done worse than 18

Mine in Evo X with SST , it hardly gives me 18-21 mpg on highway.

bmw_328ci 03-08-2014 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by v10climber (Post 3892825)
I've got a 2008 STI and a 2010 JCW hardtop. You're going to miss the power...

Sent from my Nexus 10 using NAMotoring

I am thinking about keeping the Evo as a weekend car and leasing a JCW. I don't think I will wait till next year for the next JCW I might get the S unless it has 240 hp.

kyoo 03-09-2014 08:25 AM

^ that's what I do - evo as a weekend/project, mini as my autox/daily, beater corolla for 100% dailying duties

StevenZoz 03-09-2014 11:48 AM

here are some spy shots: http://www.gmotors.co.uk/news/2015-m...he-first-time/

tigerhonaker 03-10-2014 09:31 AM

Just for conversation only as this is not based on any (Facts).

I'm thinking that the JCW (Performance-Package) might very well be (Offered) as an "Up-Date" for us that have the 2014 MCS.

I know I could have added that to my 2011 MCS but I decided to wait and see what the 2014 MCS was going to be.

Glad I waited as from what I have read in multiple Posts the 2014 MCS has the same POWER basically as the R-56 JCW MCS.

I don't know that I will do the Up-Grade to the JCW once it is available but I might.

I also think if Mini USA does offer that option it will be Super-Expensive.

T.

SoCalledFriend 03-10-2014 10:32 AM

Man.....I'm stuck. Order the JCW Coupe' or wait for the F56 JCW? I REALLY love the R56/R58 body style, but I'm thinking the F56, like most other new body styles, will grow on me and I'll end up liking it more.

Plus, if I wait, more than likely all the aftermarket mods will have begun to surface. Definitely wanna toss some coilovers on it.

Decisions, decisions......

SoCalledFriend 03-10-2014 12:38 PM

Also....very curious to see what the 18" wheel options will be on the JCW? They'll all have to be completely new with the new bolt pattern. Hopefully there's more options than the ugly GP wheels they have on the concept version. I hope they at least stick with something like the Challenge, but in an 18" version.

bmw_328ci 03-17-2014 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by SoCalledFriend (Post 3893756)
Man.....I'm stuck. Order the JCW Coupe' or wait for the F56 JCW? I REALLY love the R56/R58 body style, but I'm thinking the F56, like most other new body styles, will grow on me and I'll end up liking it more.

Plus, if I wait, more than likely all the aftermarket mods will have begun to surface. Definitely wanna toss some coilovers on it.

I was going to order MCS today but I decided I will wait for the JCW. I hate waiting:impatient:

go_mini 03-21-2014 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by SoCalledFriend (Post 3893756)

I would wait for the f56 jcw, atleast thats what i would have done :)

the matey 03-24-2014 11:40 AM

Those front calipers look pretty big, can't wait to hear the specs on the car.

SoCalledFriend 03-24-2014 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker (Post 3893714)
I'm thinking that the JCW (Performance-Package) might very well be (Offered) as an "Up-Date" for us that have the 2014 MCS.

I know I could have added that to my 2011 MCS but I decided to wait and see what the 2014 MCS was going to be.

Glad I waited as from what I have read in multiple Posts the 2014 MCS has the same POWER basically as the R-56 JCW MCS.

I don't know that I will do the Up-Grade to the JCW once it is available but I might.

I also think if Mini USA does offer that option it will be Super-Expensive.

T.

I've decided to wait for the 2015 fJCW. Based on everything I've read from http://www.motoringfile.com/ the new fJCW is gonna be between 225hp and 230hp and will slay the new F56 "S" (20% power increase over the F56 S). It's gonna be equipped with BMW's 225i Active Tourer engine (B48B20O0).

The JCW exterior and interior option packages will be available to order with the new F56 possibly as soon as next month, but the actual F56 fJCW won't be available until early next year. Yeah, it's a bit of a wait, but one that's gonna be well worth it in my opinion.

Congrats to all those that have already jumped the gun and ordered a new F56, but I certainly wouldn't have done it for a number of reasons. By the time the F56 fJCW comes out, the current car will be almost a year old, most of the bugs worked out, and a SLEW of aftermarket "modding" options available....specifically coilover suspension options.

Let the REAL wait begin! :thumbsup:

tigerhonaker 03-25-2014 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by SoCalledFriend (Post 3901766)
I've decided to wait for the 2015 fJCW. Based on everything I've read from http://www.motoringfile.com/ the new fJCW is gonna be between 225hp and 230hp and will slay the new F56 "S" (20% power increase over the F56 S). It's gonna be equipped with BMW's 225i Active Tourer engine (B48B20O0).

The JCW exterior and interior option packages will be available to order with the new F56 possibly as soon as next month, but the actual F56 fJCW won't be available until early next year. Yeah, it's a bit of a wait, but one that's gonna be well worth it in my opinion.

Congrats to all those that have already jumped the gun and ordered a new F56, but I certainly wouldn't have done it for a number of reasons. By the time the F56 fJCW comes out, the current car will be almost a year old, most of the bugs worked out, and a SLEW of aftermarket "modding" options available....specifically coilover suspension options.

Let the REAL wait begin! :thumbsup:

Hello,

Well I read you and if I wanted the JCW Model and was willing to "Wait" and could "Wait" I would.

Our Warranty is up really quick in the next few months.

Also after talking with the Salesman and Service Consultant, also Service Mgr. on their test drives of the F56.

All of them are so "Impressed" !!!

They Luv the newly improved 6-Spd. Auto Tranny.

The Interior .....

The improved handling ......

The New Super-High-Tech, LED Headlights and LED Fog-Lights.

Plus, it, the 2014 MCS is Faster than their JCW Models they now have and have driven.

So, based on all the above and more, much more, I'm in on the 2014 MCS we have on order. :thumbsup:

Terry

SoCalledFriend 03-25-2014 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker (Post 3902023)
Hello,

Well I read you and if I wanted the JCW Model and was willing to "Wait" and could "Wait" I would.

Our Warranty is up really quick in the next few months.

Also after talking with the Salesman and Service Consultant, also Service Mgr. on their test drives of the F56.

All of them are so "Impressed" !!!

They Luv the newly improved 6-Spd. Auto Tranny.

The Interior .....

The improved handling ......

The New Super-High-Tech, LED Headlights and LED Fog-Lights.

Plus, it, the 2014 MCS is Faster than their JCW Models they now have and have driven.

So, based on all the above and more, much more, I'm in on the 2014 MCS we have on order. :thumbsup:

Terry

All solid points you make (except for the F56 being "faster" than the R56 fJCW) and everyone has their own reasoning for which route they go.....as they say, "to each his own". :thumbsup:

Everything I've heard (my close friend is an MA and has test driven both F56 models) and read is that the new F56 S is "comparable" in feel to an R56 fJCW from a power and torque standpoint. I've yet to see any data that it's faster? 0-60 is 6.4 for the F56 and 6.1 for the R56 fJCW. That being said, if it is true, then the new fJCW will be a complete powerhouse and even more worth the wait, since it will have 20% more power than the F56 S. Keep in mind that a fJCW is MUCH, MUCH more than a tuned engine (transmission, brakes, suspension, and a slew of aesthetics). Not to mention the fact that having a fJCW puts you in an exclusive group, somewhat similar to having an "M" series car from BMW. For me personally, I'd rather be the exception and not the norm, so for me the fJCW is a no-brainer since I do have the ability to wait (my warranty expired 10,000 miles ago).

And for the record, I only quoted your original post because it sparked though on what I wanted to address in my post.....I wasn't singling you out for any reason other than that. :)

tigerhonaker 03-25-2014 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by SoCalledFriend (Post 3902053)
All solid points you make (except for the F56 being "faster" than the R56 fJCW) and everyone has their own reasoning for which route they go.....as they say, "to each his own". :thumbsup:

Everything I've heard (my close friend is an MA and has test driven both F56 models) and read is that the new F56 S is "comparable" in feel to an R56 fJCW from a power and torque standpoint. I've yet to see any data that it's faster? 0-60 is 6.4 for the F56 and 6.1 for the R56 fJCW. That being said, if it is true, then the new fJCW will be a complete powerhouse and even more worth the wait, since it will have 20% more power than the F56 S. Keep in mind that a fJCW is MUCH, MUCH more than a tuned engine (transmission, brakes, suspension, and a slew of aesthetics). Not to mention the fact that having a fJCW puts you in an exclusive group, somewhat similar to having an "M" series car from BMW. For me personally, I'd rather be the exception and not the norm, so for me the fJCW is a no-brainer since I do have the ability to wait (my warranty expired 10,000 miles ago).

And for the record, I only quoted your original post because it sparked though on what I wanted to address in my post.....I wasn't singling you out for any reason other than that. :)

Hi,

I think you are (Wise) to wait for exactly what you want.

In my case, this is "Not" my 2014 MCS, it is my (Wife's).

So ...........

Now you know the complete, (Rest-of-the-Story) :thumbsup:

If it were mine I am like you and would have to have the JCW, LOADED !!!

Just the way I roll. :nod:

LOL,
Terry

bmw_328ci 03-25-2014 05:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by SoCalledFriend (Post 3902053)

I agree with you.I think the new fJCW will be comparable to JCW GP2 (and may be faster) I found these pictures to be honest I like the R56 fJCW more than the F56