North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Electrical (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/electrical-127/)
-   -   Electrical Changing temperature reading on display (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/electrical/140818-changing-temperature-reading-on-display.html)

MINI-RACER 03 05-20-2008 04:54 PM

Changing temperature reading on display

...I MIGHT BE A LITTLE SLOW BUT...HOW DO U CHANGE THE DISPLAY FROM CELSCIUS TO FAHRENHEIT? IT SOMEHOW CHANGED ITSELF TO CELSCIUS....

Motor On 05-20-2008 05:23 PM

CAPS IS SHOUTING we like to talk here :wink:

On the 02-06 MINIs this is something that needs to be taken to the dealer to be adjusted.

ScottRiqui 05-20-2008 08:49 PM

Actually, this is a setting you can change yourself, using the buttons on the auto A/C control panel:

1) Press and hold the A/C button (the button with the snowflake icon)
2) Press the footwell vent button to toggle the display between °C and °F (this button has a down-pointing arrow next to a seated person)

Mini-RI 05-21-2008 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by ScottRiqui (Post 2245501)
Actually, this is a setting you can change yourself, using the buttons on the auto A/C control panel:

1) Press and hold the A/C button (the button with the snowflake icon)
2) Press the footwell vent button to toggle the display between °C and °F (this button has a down-pointing arrow next to a seated person)

I gotta' ask - how on earth did you find this out?

ScottRiqui 05-21-2008 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mini-RI (Post 2247620)
I gotta' ask - how on earth did you find this out?

Well, I had a vague recollection that someone here had posted a way to change the display using the climate control buttons, but I couldn't find the post. So, I went out to my car and played around with different combinations until I found the right one.

Mini-RI 05-22-2008 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by ScottRiqui (Post 2247942)
Well, I had a vague recollection that someone here had posted a way to change the display using the climate control buttons, but I couldn't find the post. So, I went out to my car and played around with different combinations until I found the right one.

:thumbsup:

p912043 06-16-2008 12:19 PM

Hi ScottRiqui ,

So do you know how to switch the km to miles from the speedometer display?
Thx!

ScottRiqui 06-16-2008 12:32 PM

I know the new R56 can be set up to display either Metric or English units via the in-car computer, but I haven't found a way to do it in the first-gen cars yet. I'll keep looking and post back here if I find anything.

EDIT - according to this thread, the dealer can switch the display. I suspect it will change both the digital speed readout *and* the odometer as well. It might also change the instantaneous and average fuel consumption figures and average speed, and possibly the temperature readout, but your dealer should know for certain.