North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Drag Racing (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/drag-racing-130/)
-   -   1/4 mile vid (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/drag-racing/49280-1-4-mile-vid.html)

robino 12-28-2006 07:05 AM

quickest and fastest non-turbo, non nitrous assisted MINI 13.2@105.5
LOL:lol:
no wonder you're so offended

isellem 12-28-2006 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by robino (Post 1290231)
LOL:lol:
no wonder you're so offended

you must think that this is the fastest car that i have ever driven down the track. Hey Brian Earl Spilner Please go and play with your PEON and run your your lightning quick times and post about them on the proper boards.

Or in a more sporting manner beat my time in a mini without nitrous, slicks or a turbo, then run your mouth until then please add something constructive.

robino 12-28-2006 11:31 AM

cmon Mario,
it's all in good fun, don't get so upset mang...

my Neon is long gone, my high 10 sec. 1996 turbo Miata is my current ride, don't hate man, don't hate...

the Mini if for the wifey, she does like it to boogie so i'm here learnin' and stuff, putting it all together for her to enjoy. You can believe i will be making passes with it though and when i do, i'll make sure to come here and post them for you. Ain't making a drag car out of it, but i am quite sure they'll be hard times to beat with the mods i'll have on it.

so take the panties out of your buns, i'm only playing with you my man, my skills are no joke though:nod:

isellem 12-28-2006 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by robino (Post 1290640)
cmon Mario,
it's all in good fun, don't get so upset mang...

my Neon is long gone, my high 10 sec. 1996 turbo Miata is my current ride, don't hate man, don't hate...

the Mini if for the wifey, she does like it to boogie so i'm here learnin' and stuff, putting it all together for her to enjoy. You can believe i will be making passes with it though and when i do, i'll make sure to come here and post them for you. Ain't making a drag car out of it, but i am quite sure they'll be hard times to beat with the mods i'll have on it.

so take the panties out of your buns, i'm only playing with you my man, my skills are no joke though:nod:

as long as you are turning your boxers back around:lol:

the car that i ran a 13.2 in wasn't an all out drag car either... it was a road race car...

im not upset,

well, we ALL look forward to your timeslips from your "mad skillz" "shifts are like lightening" antics at the drag strip.

all joking aside, good luck

Paul Webster 12-28-2006 05:46 PM

I knew you two would get along eventually:thumbsup: , you have so much in common mainly not being consistant down the 1320:lol: :lol:

robino 12-28-2006 09:51 PM

easy to be consistent with sticky rubber there Pauly...get over yourself.
dump the clutch and shift, whoopty frickin' doo.

mmkey?

isellem 12-28-2006 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Webster (Post 1291221)
I knew you two would get along eventually:thumbsup: , you have so much in common mainly not being consistant down the 1320:lol: :lol:

watch what you say there paully! im very consistent!!! Maybe not as consitent as "lighting fast shifts" robino... though...

not-so-rednwhitecooper 12-28-2006 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by robino (Post 1291560)

mmkey?

now thats just plain bull ****, lol :lol:

you clearly havent run a mini down the strip yet.

Paul Webster 12-29-2006 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by robino (Post 1291560)

mmkey?

I've been hooking up on street tyres for the last 20yrs and I'm bored off it now, its only this year that I realised that no one gives a toss about it apart from the small communitity which are involved in it:nod:

I'm still the fastest on 175 65 -15 Pirrelli P6000:razz: try hooking up on them:lol:

robino 12-29-2006 06:39 AM

Pauly,
what you got done to that thing man?
is this a mini you're doing 12.1's with or...?

Paul Webster 12-29-2006 06:59 AM

Stock ecu stock engine stock header one ball exhaust ally flywheel 4 paddle clutch 100 shot of nitrous, it does only weigh 2476lb with me in it and a full 10lb bottle.

I have over 100 passes with the nitrous. Unfortunatley it run 12.1s 4 times at Easter 06 and I thought I be able to run an 11 with the stock engine / nitrous combo, tried all year and failed.

Got loads to put on it for 07. defintley in the 11s maybe 10s at a push

TwOMINIs 12-29-2006 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by SuprCooperS (Post 624239)
I ran my first 1/4 mile with my Mini since the upgrades and it was a 14.788 this weekend with a 15%, shark injector ECU, and K&N Typhoon. Here's a clip.

http://home.comcast.net/~suprcoopers/Mini.MSWMM

So where's the vid? Can anyone link to it?...yea i got suckered into this thread by the title....u made me look:)

robino 12-31-2006 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Webster (Post 1291930)
Stock ecu stock engine stock header one ball exhaust ally flywheel 4 paddle clutch 100 shot of nitrous, it does only weigh 2476lb with me in it and a full 10lb bottle.

I have over 100 passes with the nitrous. Unfortunatley it run 12.1s 4 times at Easter 06 and I thought I be able to run an 11 with the stock engine / nitrous combo, tried all year and failed.

Got loads to put on it for 07. defintley in the 11s maybe 10s at a push

Ahh yes...nitrous...

nitrous is nice:nod:

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y8...y/srts3038.jpg

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y8...y/tires019.jpg

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y8...y/srts3022.jpg

Celtic Frost 12-31-2006 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by robino (Post 1284378)
LOL, no mini slips...hence no Mini in our driveway yet!

but here's some slips of an 04 srt equipped with an over the counter Dodge Stage 3 kit...on 18" toyo proxies.

hhmmmmm.... I've never heard of an MINI srt before. Is that a Fast and Furious limited edition?

jimz68 12-31-2006 07:56 PM

http://img.mauj.com/an/s/SnoringSmiley.gif

sprp85 01-03-2007 07:16 PM

I go against what all the others say about the SRT-4s...
Its a NEON,,, so what..? They handle decently and can be SCARY fast in straights... with only a few grands.. so lets not hate em because they are ugly and.. yah, neon.. cause after all, they are good cars..

Spankinsum 01-04-2007 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by not-so-rednwhitecooper (Post 1112901)
You wont be saying that next year, when, like a few other NAM-ers, i will be campagning a 12 sec to sub 12 second MCS.

:cool:

Here Here :thumbsup:

I'm shooting for Feb now. But not sub 12.....

Looking for sub Fireball:eek2:

robino 01-04-2007 10:13 AM

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...58&q=jeep+srt8

the very beginning of this vid shows my old srt4 competing at one of the 2006 one lap of america tracks, it did well considering it was driven daily for 55,000 miles and tracked at the drags often by me. Prior to them running it in the one lap, the compression and leak down was checked and found to be within factory new specs, at 55K of hard driving, this was a car that never had its valvecover cracked open and placed 8th which truly shows the reliability of these motors and this car...they are quite possibly the best bang for the buck.

And they can be made to handle quite well with the right bits under there.
I mean, sure, everyone knows they're a Neon, no doubt, but there are priorities and there are priorities, the fit and finish of an interior comes second or third for me, to performance, reliability and capability of a vehicle.

I'm not brand committed to any manuf...
Any car that can be purchased for $20,450 and for an add'l $3500 can be turned into a mid 12 second 1/4 mile, 30 mpg reliable little monster deserves praise.

isellem 01-04-2007 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Spankinsum (Post 1301222)
Here Here :thumbsup:

I'm shooting for Feb now. But not sub 12.....

Looking for sub Fireball:eek2:

any word on your setup? Or are you just going to tease us? :)

Good luck on beating fireball. That is going to take some work!

not-so-rednwhitecooper 01-05-2007 07:05 PM

If i had the extra money to make my street car go faster, i would LOVE to beat out a professional team.... that would look very good...

Spankinsum 01-09-2007 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by isellem (Post 1301949)

OH.... tease... you'd be blown away....
Wanna see see a little sum tin sum tin??:eek2: will if you can hold on to your shorts...

The only thing stock is the AC unit.... as of now...:grin:

isellem 01-09-2007 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Spankinsum (Post 1309667)
OH.... tease... you'd be blown away....
Wanna see see a little sum tin sum tin??:eek2: will if you can hold on to your shorts...

The only thing stock is the AC unit.... as of now...:grin:

cool!

but... i can't tell if you posted a pic or not... its not showing up for me... so if you didn't... please do:lol:

but i will hold my shorts when your run 8.90 or faster... sorry... just what i am used too... not on minis of course... but an 11 second car or faster is definetly impressive for a MINI... not holding my shorts materiar... but close :thumbsup:

best of luck

Spankinsum 01-09-2007 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by isellem (Post 1301949)

Posted a new thread... with A picture...:nod: not to take from the head post.

isellem 01-09-2007 01:53 PM

what forum? i don't see it in the drag racing forum?

RacerXSPF 05-06-2007 09:39 PM

250 hp doesn't mean anything. What if it has the torque curve of an S2000?? Still think you're gonna run a 12?? Not even close. Not without a 12 speed gearbox.