North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   9th Annual MINIs On the Dragon (April 27 -May 1, 2011) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/9th-annual-minis-on-the-dragon-april-27-may-1-2011-353/)
-   -   Fontana Cabin Questions (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/9th-annual-minis-on-the-dragon-april-27-may-1-2011/208250-fontana-cabin-questions.html)

smurfette26 04-12-2011 06:07 AM

Fontana Cabin Questions

For those that have stayed in a cabin at Fontana in the past, what can I expect to be supplied? Pots, pans, plates, silverware, paper towels, dishwashing detergent? Hairdryer, towels, toiletries? Anything else you can think of, I am certain I am forgetting essentials to ask about. Since space is at a premium in a MINI Cabrio, I dont want to lug a bunch of unnecessary stuff down there. We are in a 3 Bedroom Magnolia if cabin type makes any difference. Also a couple of people have mentioned the pool. I cant remember if it was open last year at this time so can anyone confirm that it will be open? TIA!

Blainestang 04-12-2011 06:53 AM

Good questions... I'm interested as well.

amberback 04-12-2011 07:52 AM

I was also looking for a list of stuff to bring (or not to bring) for a first-timer. Maybe things I may or may not think of. [I'm staying in the lodge.]

jbkone 04-12-2011 08:22 AM

You konw, I've stayed in the cabins twice now, but I usually eat out and bring quick foods like granola bars and whatnot. I don't remember exactly what's avail. You'll probably need your own detergent. Wouldn't hurt to bring a couple trash bags - I think we only had 1 extra last year. You could always drop your 1st load and then make it into Robbinsville to pick up perishables if needed.

snooter 04-12-2011 01:06 PM

the village does have a small general store with some of basic necessities. I did called Fontana and they said they include plates and cups (usually service for 4 in a two bedroom and service for 6 in a 3 bedroom) Towels are definetely include. She was pretty sure that paper towels and some dish soap was included as well. No blow dyers are in the cabins. Hope that helps.

smurfette26 04-12-2011 04:59 PM

jbkone thanks for the suggestion of trash bags. that is something that I would not have thought of on my own!

Thanks for the info Snooter!

If anyone else wants to chime in with suggestions of things to pack for the cabins, I'm still listening.

Squirlz 04-12-2011 06:09 PM

If there is no dish soap they will give you some at the Wilderness Center. Might be dish towels, it's hit or miss what you find in the cabinets but the basics should be there. No toiletries are provided. Quality of towels can be spotty but you can always trade. Sheets are provided as well.

Bring paper towels and coffee/filters if you want to use the provided coffee maker. Salt and pepper; ice is sold at the general store.

troopertripp 04-13-2011 11:30 AM

Last year there was pots and pans, plates, bowls, glasses, coffee cups, and silverware. Towels for the kitchen and bath were on the small and thin side.

No dish soap, paper towels, foil or plastic wrap, condiments, bath supplies, or coffee filters.

I asked at the lodge and they gave me dish soap, paper towels, and coffee filters.

The front desk at the lodge was very accommodating.

I suggest you bring your own bath towels.

It was very clean, and comfortable.

Tripp

jibeho 04-13-2011 04:41 PM

Back in the Dogwood days you would need ant spray:lol:

agranger 04-13-2011 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by troopertripp (Post 3260291)
Last year there was pots and pans, plates, bowls, glasses, coffee cups, and silverware. Towels for the kitchen and bath were on the small and thin side.

No dish soap, paper towels, foil or plastic wrap, condiments, bath supplies, or coffee filters.

This is how I remember my 2 cabins as well. Hard, re-usable items and no consumables. Some of the larger units have washers and dryers... a bit of laundry powder was handy to have if you like to pack light an are messy like me!

smurfette26 04-14-2011 08:58 AM

Thanks to all who have replied so far. I especially appreciate the cleaning supplies and ant spray tip. Another specific question: Is there a microwave in the cabins? I thought those were pretty standard fare but no one has mentioned it yet so I thought I would ask.

kgdblu 04-14-2011 09:34 AM

there is a microwave.

Dark Knight 04-14-2011 03:56 PM

The pool was open last year. Wife read a book on car show day!