Fontana Cabin Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 06:07 AM
smurfette26
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fontana Cabin Questions

For those that have stayed in a cabin at Fontana in the past, what can I expect to be supplied? Pots, pans, plates, silverware, paper towels, dishwashing detergent? Hairdryer, towels, toiletries? Anything else you can think of, I am certain I am forgetting essentials to ask about. Since space is at a premium in a MINI Cabrio, I dont want to lug a bunch of unnecessary stuff down there. We are in a 3 Bedroom Magnolia if cabin type makes any difference. Also a couple of people have mentioned the pool. I cant remember if it was open last year at this time so can anyone confirm that it will be open? TIA!

Old 04-12-2011, 06:53 AM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts
Good questions... I'm interested as well.

Old 04-12-2011, 07:52 AM
amberback
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was also looking for a list of stuff to bring (or not to bring) for a first-timer. Maybe things I may or may not think of. [I'm staying in the lodge.]

Old 04-12-2011, 08:22 AM
jbkone
4th Gear
You konw, I've stayed in the cabins twice now, but I usually eat out and bring quick foods like granola bars and whatnot. I don't remember exactly what's avail. You'll probably need your own detergent. Wouldn't hurt to bring a couple trash bags - I think we only had 1 extra last year. You could always drop your 1st load and then make it into Robbinsville to pick up perishables if needed.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:06 PM
snooter
Mr. MOTD
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the village does have a small general store with some of basic necessities. I did called Fontana and they said they include plates and cups (usually service for 4 in a two bedroom and service for 6 in a 3 bedroom) Towels are definetely include. She was pretty sure that paper towels and some dish soap was included as well. No blow dyers are in the cabins. Hope that helps.

Old 04-12-2011, 04:59 PM
smurfette26
4th Gear
jbkone thanks for the suggestion of trash bags. that is something that I would not have thought of on my own!

Thanks for the info Snooter!

If anyone else wants to chime in with suggestions of things to pack for the cabins, I'm still listening.

Old 04-12-2011, 06:09 PM
Squirlz
6th Gear
If there is no dish soap they will give you some at the Wilderness Center. Might be dish towels, it's hit or miss what you find in the cabinets but the basics should be there. No toiletries are provided. Quality of towels can be spotty but you can always trade. Sheets are provided as well.

Bring paper towels and coffee/filters if you want to use the provided coffee maker. Salt and pepper; ice is sold at the general store.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:30 AM
troopertripp
2nd Gear
Last year there was pots and pans, plates, bowls, glasses, coffee cups, and silverware. Towels for the kitchen and bath were on the small and thin side.

No dish soap, paper towels, foil or plastic wrap, condiments, bath supplies, or coffee filters.

I asked at the lodge and they gave me dish soap, paper towels, and coffee filters.

The front desk at the lodge was very accommodating.

I suggest you bring your own bath towels.

It was very clean, and comfortable.

Tripp

Old 04-13-2011, 04:41 PM
jibeho
5th Gear
Back in the Dogwood days you would need ant spray

Old 04-13-2011, 07:25 PM
agranger
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by troopertripp
Last year there was pots and pans, plates, bowls, glasses, coffee cups, and silverware. Towels for the kitchen and bath were on the small and thin side.

No dish soap, paper towels, foil or plastic wrap, condiments, bath supplies, or coffee filters.
This is how I remember my 2 cabins as well. Hard, re-usable items and no consumables. Some of the larger units have washers and dryers... a bit of laundry powder was handy to have if you like to pack light an are messy like me!

Old 04-14-2011, 08:58 AM
smurfette26
4th Gear
Thanks to all who have replied so far. I especially appreciate the cleaning supplies and ant spray tip. Another specific question: Is there a microwave in the cabins? I thought those were pretty standard fare but no one has mentioned it yet so I thought I would ask.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:34 AM
kgdblu
6th Gear
there is a microwave.

Old 04-14-2011, 03:56 PM
Dark Knight
3rd Gear
The pool was open last year. Wife read a book on car show day!