North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   4th Annual MINIs on the Dragon (2006) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/4th-annual-minis-on-the-dragon-2006-141/)
-   -   Dragon Jam Stuff (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/4th-annual-minis-on-the-dragon-2006/64073-dragon-jam-stuff.html)

MINIclo 03-27-2006 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by kgdblu
and how exactly do you know this, Tom?:sly: :wink:

Even better point, Katie! :lol: :lol: :lol:

batgirlwildcat 03-27-2006 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by chrisneal
I was just kidding... :lol:

:confused: Oh, man. And here I was getting all excited that I actually know those songs!

:lol: :wink:

(Are you a pothead, Focker?)

:lol::lol::lol:

W3IWI 03-27-2006 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by kgdblu
and how exactly do you know this, Tom?:sly: :wink:

I NEVER inhaled! (And I never even met Monica either.) DoobieDoobieDo

MINIclo 03-28-2006 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by W3IWI
I NEVER inhaled! (And I never even met Monica either.) DoobieDoobieDo

LOL! You are too cute, Tom! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Greatbear 03-28-2006 08:34 AM

Yeah, but does he know Mary Jane? :sly::lol::lol:

MINIclo 03-28-2006 05:54 PM

We have a lot of percussionists and rhythm instruments registered for the Jam. We could use some more guitars! I think Lotsie is going to play the saw for us! :nod::grin::thumbsup:

lotsie 03-29-2006 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by MINIclo
We have a lot of percussionists and rhythm instruments registered for the Jam. We could use some more guitars! I think Lotsie is going to play the saw for us! :nod::grin::thumbsup:

I will if I can get my hands on one, customs frowns on tools crossing the border. Looks like we plan on staying, which probably will happen one day:wink:

Mark
:cool:

MINIclo 03-29-2006 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by lot15
Looks like we plan on staying, which probably will happen one day:wink:

Mark

Not quite sure what this statement means....but it sounds promising....:roll::razz::nod:

lotsie 03-30-2006 06:05 PM

Not quite sure what this statement means....but it sounds promising....:roll::razz::nod:

Ruby and I staying, silly:nod::wink::razz:

Mark

MINIclo 03-31-2006 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by lot15
Ruby and I staying, silly:nod::wink::razz:

Mark

:razz: Well, YOU knew what you meant....but you didn't quite convey it to the rest of us, silly. And especially in a thread about the Jam. :lol:

lotsie 03-31-2006 03:41 AM

Lois has an old saw, they tend to sing better than the new ones:nod:. I'll try it out when I get to St. Louis:grin:

Mark

sndwave 03-31-2006 09:51 AM

http://webfeedcentral.com/pics/cowbellmeritbadge.gif

Cowbell Merit Badge

MINIclo 03-31-2006 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by sndwave

Where's the lady's version? :lol: :lol: :lol:

batgirlwildcat 03-31-2006 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by sndwave

Cowbell Merit Badge

:lol: I'm no girl scout, but I'd like to earn one of those! :nod:

MINIclo 04-09-2006 10:38 AM

Bumping the jam! I've been offline all week as I travelled cross-country. Am collapsing in Florida... :razz::roll::lol:

MINIclo 04-17-2006 05:57 AM

:grin: Okay, we're up to 47 people registered for the Jam. Come on and join in the fun! Let's jam for a worthy cause! :grin::cool:

TheWrks 04-17-2006 08:21 AM

:grin: Okay, we're up to 47 people registered for the Jam. Come on and join in the fun! Let's jam for a worthy cause! :grin::cool:

"Room-a-zoom-zooooom" :grin:

koolmini 04-17-2006 08:31 AM

a kool 50 (atleast) would be nice :nod: :thumbsup: .........................bump
:grin: :cool:

chrisneal 04-21-2006 09:47 PM

I'm kind of concerned that no one else has suggested any songs, or responded to the ones that I suggested. I'm happy to show up with my guitar and play whatever songs with people, but I really don't have the knowledge or experience to organize this. I'm nervous and self-conscious and really, truly not that good a guitar player! So, are we just totally winging this? That's the way I would have preferred it in the first place, but now I'm worried that a bunch of people have signed up, and it's a scheduled event and people are expecting there to be some sort of organized plan in place. :confused:

Alright now, let's just be reasonable here. :lol: A guitar god I ain't, but Cold Water has not too crazy a guitar solo. If I started practicing now, I might be able to work up something serviceable. If someone else will take the vocal lead (any 5-packs-of-smokes-a-day folks among us?), I think I can handle the lead guitar on that one. Not that I won't join in on the vocals mind you; I just don't want it to be my voice screaming "There ain't nothin' sweeter than a-ridin' the rails" :wink:

I think we can come up with a list of songs in that vein (3-4 chords tops) that are basically well-known to everybody, so that people could just join in however they are able. We can post the chords here in the next couple of weeks, so that folks have time to get a feel for them. I think I could probably e-mail mp3s to anyone that wanted them.

Here are a few off the top of my head, but I have to be up way early tomorrow, so not much time to think at the moment:

Rolling Stones "Dead Flowers" - it's just D A G and I know the main riff, but it's got a fairly nasty guitar solo that I'm not going anywhere near in public.

Bob Dylan "Girl From The North Country" - super easy. It's just three chords, I think something like G Em C G.

Bob Dylan "Tangled Up In Blue" - a little harder, but still pretty easy, and everybody knows it. The verses are just A G D, but the chorus adds an E and an F sharp minor. :sly: Just a suggestion. If we had a couple of guitars banging out the F#m, it wouldn't matter much if everyone else skimmed over it. (I think)

Velvet Underground "Pale Blue Eyes" - it has five chords, but they're easy: C F G Am Em.

Tom Petty "Free Fallin'" is pretty easy, just three chords through the whole song.

And Bob, perhaps you could lead us in a blistering rendition of "Here Comes The Sun"? :razz:

I think we can do this. :) The only thing I have just no clue about is sound - who has amps, how the heck a mic works, or if any of that is even necessary.

MINIclo 04-22-2006 05:02 AM

I'm kind of concerned that no one else has suggested any songs, or responded to the ones that I suggested. I'm happy to show up with my guitar and play whatever songs with people, but I really don't have the knowledge or experience to organize this. I'm nervous and self-conscious and really, truly not that good a guitar player! So, are we just totally winging this? That's the way I would have preferred it in the first place, but now I'm worried that a bunch of people have signed up, and it's a scheduled event and people are expecting there to be some sort of organized plan in place. :confused:

Well, remember to BYOB...LOL...and don't worry too much about the Jam, Chris. It's going to be very casual, and because CooperBeagle had to bow out for personal family reasons, we will be winging it. Also, the Dessert Social will be inside the Dam Room, so there will likely be many more people ending up hanging out with us. It will be a nice social event leading into the Midnight on the Dragon Run. A Jam is, by definition, a loosely-structured musical thing, anyway. Don't worry, just bring your guitar and we'll see how things go. People will have fun and are supporting an important cause!:nod::wink:

:grin: :cool:

chrisneal 04-22-2006 10:00 AM

OK, thanks Clo! :)

mully1217 04-22-2006 10:24 PM

thought i'd post and say that i'm changing my instrument of choice...for the sake of space and variety, i decided to ditch my drum for a harmonica!!:razz::razz: i didn't think that anyone had mentioned bringing one :confused: so now we will!:grin:

and seriously...what's a mountain jam without a harmonica?:wink: