1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member F56 Pepper White

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2024, 09:25 PM
Moopy
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New member F56 Pepper White

Hello peeps, new member here.

I never really understood why forums were such a big deal until I took a deep dive. Now I've made an account!

I am currently a student at a flight school. I am a commercially licensed pilot and now I just need to build time until I can move up to larger possibilities!
I enjoy driving my mini every day, love it to bits. My first car was a 2012 Mini Cooper S in Yours Highclass Gray, I f*cking love that car. Unfortunately, I hit a deer this last year and had to retire the car. My current car is a 2015 Mini Cooper S in Pepper White which really doesn't come close to the gray but it is just as fun as the R56. I also ride motorcycles and currently have a Triumph Trident.

My R56 had a little work done to it. When I first wanted a car I wanted a beater pickup truck, I ended up with what I think will be my most memorable car. I've got a lot of really great memories in that car. Anyways, When I first got the car the dealer replaced the high-pressure fuel pump which was a known issue. The first thing that I did to the car was a thermostat replacement, That was a pain in the *** but it was the first time that I worked on a car other than helping my dad change his Silverado's oil. After that, I ended up replacing my front sway bar bushings when I thought they were causing a rattle on the road. Well, after that I put an intake on cause why not, put in an AEM intake, super nice intake sound from that too! Then my next idea for fixing the rattle was a full cat-back exhaust, I did a shoddy job cutting a resonator out and thought that was rattling. Make it make sense. I put on a Miltek catback on, guys at Out Motoring helped me out a lot when what I originally ordered wasn't available. The only issue I had with that installation was the muffler pipe needed to be cut and rotated. Liked the sound that exhaust had. Finally, I got around to fixing the rattle, replacing the rear swaybar end links did the trick. The very last thing that I did to the car was a Timing Chain replacement. Kinda had fun doing that one, which was weird cause I was dreading having to do it. Then I hit the deer. Still think about that to this day.

When I got my current Mini I wasn't quite sure it would do it for me, But it did. This car came from Louisiana so it was in good shape, with no mechanical or cosmetic issues at all when I bought it. I had to replace the side markers when one had a clip break off and dangle at 90 mph. Just did my first oil change on the car a couple of months ago and that did it for me. It was a lot easier and cleaner than the home oil changes on the R56. But that is the extent of what I have done to the car. Loving it so far!

Waiting until I get paid so I can make some real upgrades, but why not start thinking about what to do now?

Thanks all,

Couple pics if anyone cares!

Last edited by Moopy; 04-04-2024 at 11:27 PM. Reason: spelling mistake. doh
Old 04-27-2024, 07:56 AM
garry sharp
2nd Gear
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Last edited by garry sharp; 04-27-2024 at 03:10 PM.