1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't turn back now!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 02:43 PM
corrupt52
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't turn back now!

Hi All,

Just wanted to send out a fair warning: My wife and I have just picked up our baby "RUBY" (MCS- CR/CR) and will be terrorizing roads all over VA, MD, and DC. We traded in what we thought was the ultimate small sports car '02 Audi TT ALMS edition (225, quattro)... but I can't tell you what a blast I have had driving RUBY. Damn, I can't believe what I have been missing for the last 2.5 years.

And I am proud to say that after only 30 miles of driving, I have had my first quirk. The Tire Pressure and DSC light came on toghether and will not shut off. I have read about this in other threads, and while I'm waiting to get it fixed I will proudly wear it as a badge of initiation.

BTW- Since we bought if from the dealer and did not get to configure it ourselves, is there a market out there for these S-lite wheels? I need to Pimp RUBY out with new shoes.

Old 01-02-2005, 12:23 PM
TMGRobyn
6th Gear
Welcome to NAM!

An Audi TT for an MCS? Amazing. We look forward to hearing more of an in depth comparison of the MSC vs the TT!

BTW, post the S-lites on the marketplace thread. Maybe someone will be interested. There's also ebay.

Happy motoring!

Old 01-02-2005, 02:21 PM
Ekul
1st Gear
What kinda "shoes" are you looking for? Something lighter for racing or something more flashy for wowing the crowds? There is so much available it may be as hard to choose as it was to configure a new Mini.

Old 01-02-2005, 03:02 PM
corrupt52
2nd Gear
TMGRobyn...

In response to the Audi question.... the ALMS edition got major head turning and comments from a lot of people.... but driving wise it just was a heavy car with expensive upkeep (replacing the tires alone was $1200... riding on Mich. Pilots). Fun, but always too worried about scratching it up it was the pretty prom date...lots of flash, but a different type of fun.

I want to drive the wheels off... and I can finally do that with our MCS and smile all the way! :smile: Plus, I love the MOTORING community... friendly, helpful and fun... which makes the experience even better.

Old 01-02-2005, 03:07 PM
corrupt52
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Ekul
What kinda "shoes" are you looking for? Something lighter for racing or something more flashy for wowing the crowds? There is so much available it may be as hard to choose as it was to configure a new Mini.
Looking for flashy, this is more of my wife's daily car then it is mine. Was thinking about Foose Spank 5s (17"), don't think I have seen them on a MINI yet. Looking for something a little different than the norm, if you have any suggestions I would love to hear them, as this purchase will be the most rewarding and gut wrenching at the same time.

Old 01-02-2005, 09:44 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome aboard my friend! You've found the best place - right here...

Check out the Tires/Wheels forum - lots of pictures. Also Alex - Tire Rack - vendor here on NAM. He may be of some help if you're looking for something different. There is so much available - it all comes down to personal choice. :smile:

I guess you've probably checked out www.dcmetrominis.org - fun club, great people, lots of activities and motoring...

Chow!

Donna

Old 01-03-2005, 02:43 AM
indimini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by corrupt52
but always too worried about scratching it up
Don't be surprised when you find yourself worrying about RUBY's coat too, lol.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the MCS. I'll keep my eyes out for you in the MD area -- where exactly do you think you'll be driving her?

Welcome to the MINI world.