1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie wheels question

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 07:17 AM
SOCooperS13
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbie wheels question

Hi Everyone! I'm a happy owner of a 2013 Cooper S hardtop that I enjoy driving; I tend to find excuses to drive which is something I never did before. I have a question about after market wheels I'm interested in purchasing. I have the John Cooper Works Challenge-Spoke Alloy Wheel on them now and am curious about getting either the Enkei J10 or EDR9 wheels; what I am curious about is the fitment. I've found both wheels on TireRack who state they will fit, but I was curious about the difference in offset impacting the car (Challenge Spoke: 48, EDR9: 38, J10: 42). Any insight would be appreciated!

Old 11-19-2017, 07:25 AM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Received 625 Likes on 554 Posts
Welcome to NAM.

Yep you have joined a group of individuals that recognize what a great handling car the MINI is. Do some great twisties like the Tail of Dragon, Back of Dragon or the Snake and it becomes quite addicting.

On the wheels, Tire Rack normally says if the make/model required offset plates. I went with some Enkei and did not need any. If I remember the stocks were 44 and the Enkei were 40, no issues. With coilovers that is not normally the case.

Old 11-19-2017, 08:10 AM
SOCooperS13
Neutral
Originally Posted by r53coop
Welcome to NAM.

Yep you have joined a group of individuals that recognize what a great handling car the MINI is. Do some great twisties like the Tail of Dragon, Back of Dragon or the Snake and it becomes quite addicting.

On the wheels, Tire Rack normally says if the make/model required offset plates. I went with some Enkei and did not need any. If I remember the stocks were 44 and the Enkei were 40, no issues. With coilovers that is not normally the case.
Thanks r53coop! No question the handling and the liveliness of the ride is addicting; I love cornering. I always wanted to get a Mini and test drove one back in 2002, but my Honda was still pretty new and I needed the extra space for people (mainly friends). That Accord I bought new in 1996 and the Mini replaced it in 2015. One thing I can't take away from Hondas is their reliability; no where near as fun to drive (my Accord), but it sure lasted.

Old 11-19-2017, 09:12 AM
AnOldBiker
4th Gear - An Official NAM Greeter
Received 145 Likes on 138 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Old 11-19-2017, 09:55 AM
SOCooperS13
Neutral
Originally Posted by AnOldBiker
Welcome to the forum
Thanks, glad to be here.