North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   1st Gear (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/1st-gear-114/)
-   -   Week 23 2008 Support Group (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/1st-gear/138049-week-23-2008-support-group.html)

OWG 05-04-2008 04:43 AM

Pre-order on the Clubman https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=136745

Mozza 05-04-2008 08:08 AM

Oh right, well in that case it's been well over a year for me waiting for the JCW car!

AlexM 05-04-2008 08:30 AM

Another week 23er here! Now time for the long long wait :sad:

OWG 05-07-2008 04:47 AM

Roll Call

With three and a half weeks to go until build week, we have:

East Coast - NYC VDC
OWG
lhrm1
Mozza

West- Port Hueneme VDC
SeattleClubmanS
redfiver
SPF ZERO

European Delivery
Eusey

Unknown
AlexM

ahpook 05-07-2008 06:11 AM

1 more... DS/B ClubmanS delivery to Austin TX via San Antonio.

redfiver 05-07-2008 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by OWG (Post 2213864)
With three and a half weeks to go until build week, we have:

East Coast - NYC VDC
OWG
lhrm1
Mozza

West- Port Hueneme VDC
SeattleClubmanS
redfiver
SPF ZERO

European Delivery
Eusey

Unknown
AlexM

I'm jealous of you NY VDC folks. Not only do I have to wait for week 23, I also know that other week 23'rs will get theirs first! ;)

sequin 05-07-2008 10:46 AM

Add me to the Week 23 list. :thumbsup: CR/S Clubman S coming to Northeast Texas via Mini of Dallas.

SPF ZERO 05-07-2008 11:31 AM

Passing the time...

Well, a few things ongoing while I pass the time until we take delivery...

- Personalized plates approved and ordered
- KUDA mount ordered
- Boot Badge holder ordered

... and a whole lot of other stuff added to the shopping list!

Fun is that our daughter (4 years old) asks every day if "the robots are making our car yet." She's watched the production video on miniusa.com about 10 times!

sequin 05-07-2008 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by SPF ZERO (Post 2214863)
Well, a few things ongoing while I pass the time until we take delivery...

- Personalized plates approved and ordered
- KUDA mount ordered
- Boot Badge holder ordered

... and a whole lot of other stuff added to the shopping list!

Fun is that our daughter (4 years old) asks every day if "the robots are making our car yet." She's watched the production video on miniusa.com about 10 times!

What did you get on your personalized plates? And, from where did you order your accessories? I'm about to start ordering accessories, too. Fun, fun!

SPF ZERO 05-07-2008 12:27 PM

Our plates are: SPF O

I ordered the KUDA mount from their eBay store. Saved about $15 off the price on their normal store (I talked to them to confirm that it was the same item). Ordered the double badge holder from Out Motoring.

The rest of my list keeps growing (it's around $1400 right now)! Not everything will make the cut!

SeattleClubmanS 05-07-2008 01:42 PM

Does anyone know when we will get our VIN? Does it show up once we go into production? Just curious cause I want to order new plates too... Or do we have to wait until we actually own the car to order them?? :confused:

Don't know how that all works...

OWG 05-07-2008 03:52 PM

I too am eagerly awaiting VIN assignment.

Re: Vanity plates - I thin that it will depend on the state. In DC they are tied to the person first, to the vehicle second. So, I could tack down MINIMUS and await the VIN....

AlexM 05-07-2008 03:57 PM

I'm taking delivery in Albuquerque, NM so through the west coast VDC

SPF ZERO 05-07-2008 04:58 PM

In Colorado, here's how the personalized plate process works:
(1) you submit a form to see if your preferred plate is available
(2) you get a response from DMV (took a week for me)
(3) you send a check for $60 to get the plate manufactured (takes 6-10 weeks)
(4) plates are sent from the state to your county MV office. You have 12 months to pick them up.
(5) go oto the MV office and register the car and get the plates.

Nice thing is that you don't have to have a VIN, or even a car description to order the plates. Then you have a year to pick them up. Sicne I'm in a waiting mode for the car, the time to get the plates is no big deal. If I was in a rush, I'm sure it would be annoying!

SeattleClubmanS 05-07-2008 06:04 PM

I finally took the time to look up the requirements in Washington State. Looks like all you have to do is a search to check the availability of what you want (which is instant) and then fill out the form and mail along with a check and the new plates are sent out in 8 weeks. However you do have to be the registered owner, have the current plate and tab information and provide the VIN.... So I guess I will just have to wait! :)

Euseys 05-08-2008 10:22 PM

Carmine, my guy at Pentagon car sales here in naples (the military base) says he's trying to push up my delivery! Could be here as soon as AUG 5th! The entire country of Italy shuts down on Aug 15 until Sept 01, so Im praying we can speed things along!

We're visiting 5 countries in 3 weeks after the Mini is delivered. Going to break her in, but will be good about variable speeds, not too fast or idle too much...etc. Cant WAIT.

OWG 05-09-2008 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by sequin (Post 2214659)
Add me to the Week 23 list. :thumbsup: CR/S Clubman S coming to Northeast Texas via Mini of Dallas.

sequin,
What does your vehicle build sheet say for your POA?

Where in North Texas are you? I have family in Denton.

lpardes 05-09-2008 04:47 PM

I'm week 23 too...can't wait I've been thinking about getting this car for five years and I finally took the plunge.

SeattleClubmanS 05-09-2008 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by lpardes (Post 2220864)
I'm week 23 too...can't wait I've been thinking about getting this car for five years and I finally took the plunge.

You'll be glad you did!!! Congratulations!!:)

SPF ZERO 05-09-2008 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by lpardes (Post 2220864)

Welcome aboard! What did you order?

Euseys 05-09-2008 10:36 PM

The Europe contingent is still awating a VIN...We can use the bank draft once we've got a VIN and start paying for her.
So, what aftermarket tricking out is anyone already planning?

I firmly said NO to Matt's dream of Nitrous Oxide! no2! NO!

lpardes 05-10-2008 06:52 AM

It took me forever to decide but I went with

MCS Dark Silver/Black, Sport Stripes, Auto, Premium, Cold Weather, Sport, 17" Web Spokes, Fluid Silver & Chrome Line Interior , bi-xenon, lounge leather, driving lamps

sequin 05-10-2008 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by OWG (Post 2219177)
sequin,
What does your vehicle build sheet say for your POA?

Where in North Texas are you? I have family in Denton.

Hi OWG,
I'm in NorthEAST Texas, in the piney woods (none of that scrubby prairie for me:wink:). Denton is about a 4 hour drive from my town of Longview.

I'm something of a noob here and not sure where to find my POA. I checked the order sheet that I got at time of order and do not see POA on it anywhere. It took a couple of weeks after order to get my production number, so I'm guessing I do not have a copy of my vehicle build sheet.

Anyway, based upon what I saw on the lot at MoD, I would guess POA will be Charleston.

OWG 05-11-2008 02:59 PM

sequin,
Sorry, but it is an easy error with a state the size of Germany:)

redfiver,
Ans we are envious of Eusey with all those European twisties!

East Coast - NYC VDC
OWG
lhrm1
Mozza

East Coast - Charleston VDC
sequin
ahpook

West- Port Hueneme VDC
SeattleClubmanS
redfiver
SPF ZERO
AlexM

European Delivery
Eusey

Unknown
lpardes

MINIspud 05-11-2008 06:21 PM

Another Week 23 person here.
I traded my 2006 M3 convertible in. Didnt drive it much.
Ordered a Mellow Yellow hard top.
How did i get week 23 from yesterday while some of you ordered a week or more ago?

Alex