Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

2007 Mini Cooper R56 CD player issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 09:06 PM
Moe Ismail
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Mini Cooper R56 CD player issue

Hello,

I've just recently bought a 2007 mini cooper with about 100,000 kms. On about the second day, I've noticed that while driving as well as when I turned off the vehicle the CD player would make noises as though it was trying to eject a CD (there is no CD inserted). It would also do this as I was driving from time to time and switch what ever audio source I was on (radio or aux) to the cd player while it made the ejecting noise. After about 10-20 seconds it would revert back to whatever I was listening to.

I searched around and it did seem to be a common problem. People said that inserting a cd fixed the issue for them although I've tried inserting a blank cd and it would eject it. I've found no solid solution to this issue. Does anyone know anything about this or any thread with a solid fix? I'm a student so cost-effectiveness would be very critical.

Thank you!