MINI Cooper MINI Cooper specs

Go Back   North American Motoring > 1st Generation MINIs > Stock Problems/Issues
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to North American Motoring !
Welcome to North American Motoring,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

» Latest Main Topics
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2008, 04:15 PM
2nd Gear

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gallery
"Service Engine Soon" Light On -- Reset?

I had a dealer Inspection 1 service a couple of weeks ago and now I have the "Service Engine Soon" light on. Is this something the dealer forgot to reset? If others have had that happen, can you/did you reset the light? I live over an hour from the dealer and would like to avoid a trip back. Thanks.

'05 MCC BRG 5spd
'91 Mercedes 500SL
'98 Jeep Cherokee Sport
'97 Jeep Wrangler SE
'86 Jeep Comanche "X"
Old 04-04-2008, 08:38 PM
6th Gear

Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsanford View Post
I had a dealer Inspection 1 service a couple of weeks ago and now I have the "Service Engine Soon" light on. Is this something the dealer forgot to reset? If others have had that happen, can you/did you reset the light? I live over an hour from the dealer and would like to avoid a trip back. Thanks.
Hie thee to a shop and get the code read. Or if there are any parts stores over on the right coast (o'Rielly's?) that will do it for free, use them.
The two (dealer service --> SES light) may not be related. Safe beats sorry every time.
-skip-
Bone stock (sort of) 02 of 02 MC
Old 04-05-2008, 03:25 PM
3rd Gear

Send a message via AIM to Big-Daddy-Blue Send a message via Yahoo to Big-Daddy-Blue
Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsanford View Post
You can go to Autozone and have the code pulled for free and they will pull there little book out and tell you what it is.

If you need help, post the code here and plenty will chime in with a fix.

Stephen
Um...Moto...?

<a href=http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/onebad35th/sigs/minisig.png target=_blank>http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...gs/minisig.png</a>
Old 04-05-2008, 03:57 PM
2nd Gear

Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Daddy-Blue View Post
You can go to Autozone and have the code pulled for free and they will pull there little book out and tell you what it is.

If you need help, post the code here and plenty will chime in with a fix.
Thanks Big-Daddy-Blue. I've got one nearby and will go over tomorrow.

'05 MCC BRG 5spd
'91 Mercedes 500SL
'98 Jeep Cherokee Sport
'97 Jeep Wrangler SE
'86 Jeep Comanche "X"
Old 04-07-2008, 01:53 PM
5th Gear

Gallery
my code indicates 0456, a vacuum leak that not even Dinan could figure out where it is coming from. Dinan told me to change the canister pump that is located by/behind the exhaust pipe next to the rear passenger wheel.

It turned out that the problem wasn't fixed. So after almost 1 week of Dinan doing a smoke test and undoing the top mount of the engine to check for any leaks and tightening all the hoses, the problem is still not fixed.

I am dumb founded right now and have no idea what to do since I can't even register the car since my registration is expired and can't even smog it with that SES light on.

Can anyone lend a helping suggestion or a remedy?
02 MCS with head & shrick cam, Nology hot wires-Brisk spark plugs, Magnaflow exhaust (1st generation), 15%, DT Tensioner stop, M7 CAI, TB, M7 OCC, Hotchkis 22mm rear 26mm front, Craven SS with silver well cover, GRS IC, OBX header, oil/boost gauges. Cross Coils, Alta endlinks, Hotchkis R CA, Alta F CA power bushings, black SSR (17x7.5), Yoko S-Drives, Stoptech BBK. RMW Tune @ 220 whp.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:53 PM