MINIs & Minis for Sale Need a Mini or a MINI? Want a Mini or a MINI? You're at the right place!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits (you may select multiples):

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS:: 2006 Mini Cooper GP 1292

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2020, 11:37 AM
WGJP
3rd Gear
Received 91 Likes on 75 Posts

Year: 2006
Make: MINI
Model: Hardtop
Price: $13800
Mileage: 76852
Color: Gray/Blue
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): West

@vulkandino sorry to hear of your experience (though I agree, the timing for this to be "that one time" you were rushed and forgot to run a Carfax is unfortunate --and you have owned it). Like you, I avoid at all costs any car with accident history. And I wouldn't expect you to necessarily change your standards. But for potential buyers of this car now, this sounds to be a clean, mechanically tight, and a hell of a hoot to drive MINI GP for a potential buyer wanting to get into a GP for a very reasonable price, including possible shipping and inspection.

Kudos to you for being totally transparent and adding to our faith that the majority of the members of NAM are stand-up, honest guys and great to deal with. That has always been my experience in buying and selling through NAM. Best of luck to you; I know the right buyer will come along soon.

Old 09-03-2020, 01:55 PM
vulkandino
4th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by WGJP
@vulkandino sorry to hear of your experience (though I agree, the timing for this to be "that one time" you were rushed and forgot to run a Carfax is unfortunate --and you have owned it). Like you, I avoid at all costs any car with accident history. And I wouldn't expect you to necessarily change your standards. But for potential buyers of this car now, this sounds to be a clean, mechanically tight, and a hell of a hoot to drive MINI GP for a potential buyer wanting to get into a GP for a very reasonable price, including possible shipping and inspection.

Kudos to you for being totally transparent and adding to our faith that the majority of the members of NAM are stand-up, honest guys and great to deal with. That has always been my experience in buying and selling through NAM. Best of luck to you; I know the right buyer will come along soon.
I sincerely appreciate the kind words. I’ve found it’s much easier to sell a car when you’re upfront about the issues and above all it’s the right thing to do. I have a 100% feedback record on eBay and what I think is a solid record on the forums. I will be upfront about the issues I’m aware of with the car.

For potential interests. You can find the CarFax on the dealership website. I’m looking into removing the mileage discrepancy. It appears to be a mistake on part of the Maine DMW. The car has a higher idle RPM which is not very noticeable. One section of the front bumper near the lower grilles has a paint defect. There is also a small section on the rear bumper where the paint was damaged likely from loading something into the hatch. Tiniest paint chip on the hood. These are all very small and I’d be happy to send images.

Cheers,
Dino

Last edited by vulkandino; 09-04-2020 at 02:31 PM. Reason: edit suspension comment
Old 09-03-2020, 07:38 PM
veggivet
6th Gear
Received 110 Likes on 95 Posts
This would make a perfect track car for the right buyer. I hope you find a good offer on a set of struts off an R53 with sport suspension...😉

Good luck with the sale. Karma will take care of you know who!

The following users liked this post:
vulkandino (09-04-2020)
Old 09-03-2020, 08:15 PM
SydeShowJoe
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by veggivet
This would make a perfect track car for the right buyer. I hope you find a good offer on a set of struts off an R53 with sport suspension...😉

I concur!! Karma will always find a way to rear it’s ugly head! Dino is definitely a stand up, honest guy who has helped me with questions, despite understanding that I’m not in the market for his particular car.

it’s such a great looking car with a lot of great adds (even with my limited knowledge on these) one could see that it’s definitely a very quick and well maintained car. I seriously wish I didn’t have other priorities limiting my extra cash, as I’d probably bite the bullet and forego back seats in a selfish smile to the wife, while ripping through the gears of this mini rocket!! Lol

Old 09-04-2020, 02:20 PM
vulkandino
4th Gear

Looking forward to the struts! Big thanks plus the free shipping
Originally Posted by SydeShowJoe
I concur!! Karma will always find a way to rear it’s ugly head! Dino is definitely a stand up, honest guy who has helped me with questions, despite understanding that I’m not in the market for his particular car.

it’s such a great looking car with a lot of great adds (even with my limited knowledge on these) one could see that it’s definitely a very quick and well maintained car. I seriously wish I didn’t have other priorities limiting my extra cash, as I’d probably bite the bullet and forego back seats in a selfish smile to the wife, while ripping through the gears of this mini rocket!! Lol
Joe, you're the man. If I see anything local to me I'll forward you the links.

Old 09-04-2020, 02:32 PM
vulkandino
4th Gear
The car will be sold with sports suspension struts and lowering springs. The price was lowered to reflect the change.

Old 09-04-2020, 02:55 PM
NC TRACKRAT
6th Gear
Received 205 Likes on 152 Posts
Someone is going to acquire one fantastic GP at a bargain price. The GP1 is a "no nonsense" enthusiast's vehicle. I love the no sound deadening. Saves weight. It's a "Slick Roof on Steroids"!

Old 09-04-2020, 03:35 PM
SydeShowJoe
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by vulkandino
The car will be sold with sports suspension struts and lowering springs. The price was lowered to reflect the change.

well then... that price is getting closer and closer to my budget. Lol. But my budget would be a bad lowball on an already great price. So I’ll shut up. For curiosity, what changes to the cars behavior with the suspensions changes? Not so much track car, more everyday type stuff? Meaning not as stiff and rigid of a ride?

Last edited by SydeShowJoe; 09-04-2020 at 09:54 PM.
Old 09-04-2020, 03:39 PM
veggivet
6th Gear
The car will still be a very capable on the track, but it will have a more compliant ride.

Old 09-04-2020, 04:39 PM
67morris
4th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
I personally consider OE Bilstein shocks (super cheap on Rockauto) paired with Swift springs to be the best combo in case you are looking for options
The price is getting better and better. I really hope it finds a good home soon!

vulkandino (09-05-2020)
Old 09-04-2020, 05:18 PM
co0p3r
4th Gear
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts
Are you interested in (2) 2006 MINIs in trade?

Old 09-04-2020, 09:55 PM
SydeShowJoe
2nd Gear
The car will still be a very capable on the track, but it will have a more compliant ride.

ahh. Gotchya. Thanks!!

Old 09-05-2020, 08:28 PM
vulkandino
4th Gear
Coils are out and plans are in place to fit my old GPs original super low mileage suspension. Long story. The buyer of them didn’t end up using them.

Bump. Contact me if you have interest. Happy to send photos, videos, FaceTime the mini etc

Old 09-06-2020, 10:19 PM
SydeShowJoe
2nd Gear
Hey Dino,

I may have found one of the owners of this car, unless his was a different year... but he’s a member of this forum. “iflymini” replied to a post many years ago (2006) and mentioned he has GP1292 (he’s in Colorado)

has this mini ever been registered in Colorado?

maybe you can reach out to the guy??

heres the post i found: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...gp-1996-a.html

Scroll half way down and you’ll see a reply by iflymini mentioning he has GP 1292 in Colorado.

if this is all OBE, my bad. Just following rabbit trails in the forums and my eyes saw 1292 and I immediately remembered this one.

Old 09-07-2020, 06:18 AM
vulkandino
4th Gear
Hey Dino,

I may have found one of the owners of this car, unless his was a different year... but he’s a member of this forum. “iflymini” replied to a post many years ago (2006) and mentioned he has GP1292 (he’s in Colorado)

has this mini ever been registered in Colorado?

maybe you can reach out to the guy??

heres the post i found: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...gp-1996-a.html

Scroll half way down and you’ll see a reply by iflymini mentioning he has GP 1292 in Colorado.

if this is all OBE, my bad. Just following rabbit trails in the forums and my eyes saw 1292 and I immediately remembered this one.
Yes, if I remember right he’s the original owner. Correct the car started life out in Colorado. One of the members posted a link awhile back going to this FS ad.

Old 09-07-2020, 02:51 PM
SydeShowJoe
2nd Gear
Yes, if I remember right he’s the original owner. Correct the car started life out in Colorado. One of the members posted a link awhile back going to this FS ad.
ooof. My bad dude. I’m guessing the original owner didn’t own the car when the “accident” was reported? Son no eating getting any photos.

Old 09-07-2020, 03:00 PM
veggivet
6th Gear
This is almost like reading a good mystery! I hope there's a happy 'twist' at the end of it all. OP deserves a break!

Old 09-07-2020, 04:51 PM
vulkandino
4th Gear
ooof. My bad dude. I’m guessing the original owner didn’t own the car when the “accident” was reported? Son no eating getting any photos.
The third owner appears to be the only one not on the forum. He would fill in the missing timeline.

This is almost like reading a good mystery! I hope there's a happy 'twist' at the end of it all. OP deserves a break!
MIke, I agree. Just wish I played a different role haha. Thanks. Things are picking up. I have an offer I'm seriously considering.

Old 09-07-2020, 04:53 PM
vulkandino
4th Gear
Suspension update. I will be installing Bilstein B4s later this week with new Tein lowering springs. New strut and shock mounts are also going on.

Old 09-07-2020, 05:19 PM
WGJP
3rd Gear
Received 91 Likes on 75 Posts
Suspension update. I will be installing Bilstein B4s later this week with new Tein lowering springs. New strut and shock mounts are also going on.
So you decided not to install the original low mileage GP suspension you had?

Old 09-07-2020, 05:25 PM
vulkandino
4th Gear
Originally Posted by WGJP
So you decided not to install the original low mileage GP suspension you had?
I sold the suspension to a local Mini guy. He thought he had the full set but it turns out it wasn’t all there so I went this route in an effort to get the car road worthy again.

Old 09-08-2020, 06:58 AM
MrBlah
6th Gear - AX Champion
Received 264 Likes on 210 Posts
PM sent

Old 09-08-2020, 08:53 AM
vulkandino
4th Gear
Originally Posted by MrBlah
PM sent
Replied to all PMs.
Feel free to text or call me at eight oh 1 8 six foh three six 29. Happy to FaceTime or send images and videos to potential interests.

Old 09-09-2020, 06:00 AM
vulkandino
4th Gear
Sale pending. Looks like it might be going back to Colorado this Saturday.

SydeShowJoe (09-09-2020)
Old 09-09-2020, 06:50 AM
veggivet
6th Gear
That's great news! Looks like missing out my struts did the trick for you! 😁

Quick Reply: FS:: 2006 Mini Cooper GP 1292