R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

R60 The gremlins hate my horn

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 10:32 AM
MannyJimenez
5th Gear
Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts
The gremlins hate my horn

Sooo, the fuse for my horn burnt out and I bought a 20 amp fuse from Advanced Auto Parts and replaced it. Later the same day, after using the horn a couple of times it burnt out again. I attributed it to, possibly, a faulty fuse (I've come across faulty fuses in the Jeep). I bought a different brand 20 amp fuse from Pep Boys and it lasted 3 days and burnt out again.

Has anyone come across anything like this?

No Codes

Old 01-17-2017, 10:44 AM
MiniToBe
6th Gear
Received 427 Likes on 393 Posts
I havent had that but it seems that your horns are drawing more current than supposed to or there is a short somewhere. are they original horns?

Old 01-17-2017, 10:47 AM
MannyJimenez
5th Gear
Originally Posted by MiniToBe
I havent had that but it seems that your horns are drawing more current than supposed to or there is a short somewhere. are they original horns?
Yes, it's the stock horn. That's just it, It's not showing that it is drawing more than 20 amps

Old 01-17-2017, 10:50 AM
MiniToBe
6th Gear
Received 427 Likes on 393 Posts
ok, try and disconnect one horn and see if the fuse blows gain, if not, reconnect and disconnect the other horn and see if that blow the horn. if in both instances you are blowing the fuses. disconnect all horns and see if that blows the fuse (and yes, pretend that you are honking the horn like you would normally do) and see what happens

Old 01-17-2017, 11:11 AM
MannyJimenez
5th Gear
Originally Posted by MiniToBe
ok, try and disconnect one horn and see if the fuse blows gain, if not, reconnect and disconnect the other horn and see if that blow the horn. if in both instances you are blowing the fuses. disconnect all horns and see if that blows the fuse (and yes, pretend that you are honking the horn like you would normally do) and see what happens
LOL, great minds think alike. This was my plan tonight when I get home.

Old 01-17-2017, 11:36 AM
popsrcr
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like a possible bad relay.